Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: My Alice An Interactive Museum auction starts now!

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Default My Alice An Interactive Museum auction starts now!

Click here!

The item is complete, and I will ship worldwide, as long as you pay the postage.

Wish me luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    achika
    PSN
    portnoyd

Good luck! Hope the bidding turns ugly, fast.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Well, not even 24 hours into the auction and I've already received two messages asking me to name my price for this thing. Fucking sweet. And no, I haven't replied.

On another note, though, I got a message from an Italian eBayer who asked me if I could send the item to his sister who lives in the US of A. I'm not sure what to tell him - I mean, it'd be fine with me, I'm just not sure what eBay / PayPal would think of it. I considered telling him to ask his sister to get an account and bid on it so there's no problems...

My issue is of course, him paying for the item, and me sending it to the USA, but he doesn't live in the USA so he could claim the item never arrived and get his money back. You know? What can I do? I was thinking of asking in the eBay forums, but they're crazy over there.
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    megasdkirby
    PSN
    megasdkirby

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsune Sniper View Post
    My issue is of course, him paying for the item, and me sending it to the USA, but he doesn't live in the USA so he could claim the item never arrived and get his money back. You know? What can I do? I was thinking of asking in the eBay forums, but they're crazy over there.
    I would politely tell him that you are unable to do that at the current time, but that since you do ship internationally, he is able to bid on it. I saw your listing and you clearly state that you will use Express Mail International to ship items worldwide. He probably knows it will be very expensive, so he asks to ship to someone in the USA to reduce shipping costs. Problem is...what you stated might exactly occur.

Honestly, I've come not to trust people alot, mainly when it comes with money. I would not risk it in your case, specially since you did state the terms in your listing.

Better be safe than sorry.
    Proud owner of a Neo 25 Neo Geo Candy Cab!

Bell (Level 8) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

On another note, though, I got a message from an Italian eBayer who asked me if I could send the item to his sister who lives in the US of A. I'm not sure what to tell him - I mean, it'd be fine with me, I'm just not sure what eBay / PayPal would think of it. I considered telling him to ask his sister to get an account and bid on it so there's no problems...
    I would suggest not sending it to Italy. Do not even agree to send it to this guy's sister. I've only heard bad things about Italy's postal service, and I personally know several eBay sellers who have had packages sent to Italy mysteriously disappear in transit.
    Check my auctions here! I am in the business of finding off-beat things, including video game stuff!

View my collection!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I wouldn't bother because Italy can be a gamble when it comes mailing things there. You probably know this already, but there's a good chance that you'll get more money than he's offering if you don't end the auction early.

Great Puma (Level 12) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Gapporin

Hory clap. What's the demand behind this title? I know that most PC titles sell for crap unless it's LucasArts or Ultima or some other well known franchise. What's the story behind this?
    "I am a cipher, wrapped in an enigma, smothered in secret sauce."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Quote Originally Posted by Ryaan1234 View Post
    I would suggest not sending it to Italy. Do not even agree to send it to this guy's sister. I've only heard bad things about Italy's postal service, and I personally know several eBay sellers who have had packages sent to Italy mysteriously disappear in transit.
    Quote Originally Posted by pseudonym View Post
    I wouldn't bother because Italy can be a gamble when it comes mailing things there. You probably know this already, but there's a good chance that you'll get more money than he's offering if you don't end the auction early.
    I'm sending this Express Mail, and insured. Do you think the item could still get lost? There's no way in hell I'm sending this First Class.

Also, I never end auctions early. Whenever someone asks me to do that, it's because they know the item is worth a lot, so I always reply with "Sorry, but I can't do that. Please bid on the item as you normally would. Who knows, maybe you'll get the item for a lower price than you were offering!"

Quote Originally Posted by Gapporin View Post
    Hory clap. What's the demand behind this title? I know that most PC titles sell for crap unless it's LucasArts or Ultima or some other well known franchise. What's the story behind this?
    It's super rare. Super, super, super rare. It's an interesting game, but it's too abstract for me (not to mention some of the contents might be considered well beyond the M rating nowadays). I can't stand Myst and that game made more sense to me than this! Call me crazy, but I think there's more copies of Stadium Events US NTSC than of this game out there. I sold a copy of this game, without a box, for $100 about five years ago, and according to this MobyGames trivia, this game sold for over 2000 bucks in 2007. Some folks here weren't so sure that was true, and I don't blame them.

But then I found this post at Tap-Repeatedly.com's forums from January 2011. That site used to be FourFatChicks.com, one of the only places that actually got a copy and reviewed it a while back, so it's got to be legit...

I've mentioned this auction at a few forums I visit in hopes that the more hardcore European collectors will see this and try to bid on it. I'm guessing that the relative scarcity is in part because the few copies that exist are mostly in America, and not many people are willing to ship such a high value item outside of the country.

I honestly do not expect it to go higher than $300. If it reaches the two grand then I'll freak out. If it goes higher than that... well...
    Last edited by Kitsune Sniper; 03-17-2011 at 04:07 PM.

ServBot (Level 11) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

For the Italy guy, as long as payment for the item on paypal has the USA address listed, I'd send it. Tell him his sister will have to be the one to send the payment using her address on the paypal account. He likely knows the Italy postal system sucks and is trying to put you at ease as well as save on shipping since Express will be $$$. Or he's trying to screw you. As long as you send to the address on the paypal page it should be fine (use signature confirmation). But then, I know you know all this... a little jittery on this one?

Bell (Level 8) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm sending this Express Mail, and insured. Do you think the item could still get lost? There's no way in hell I'm sending this First Class.
    I don't mean literally lost, I mean "lost" as in "a corrupt Italian postman decided they wanted it so it disappeared in transit". Something like this. I wouldn't even trust express or priority mail when all packages will end up in the Italian postal system eventually.
    Check my auctions here! I am in the business of finding off-beat things, including video game stuff!

View my collection!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Well, the same can be said about the Mexican postal service (which is why I NEVER ship stuff uh, down here)... I know you mean well, but I'm taking the risk. My daddy was a gamblin' man, and I guess I am one too.

Of course, if only eBay would LET ME REPLY TO THE QUESTIONS now. The damn answer service is down!

Cornelius, honestly? YES. You know why? Because I NEED this money, and I don't mean need in the "oh golly gee more games" sense, I mean it in the "I need to get urgent dental work done and this money will pay for it" sense.

ServBot (Level 11) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

We're all pulling for you! (except the reseller haters, I guess) Poor choice of words with the 'pulling' thing, sorry.

Given what the money means for you, you really can't afford to gamble, imo. Express Mail and insurance should protect you for Italy (and like destinations), but it would mean a significant delay if something happened, and it doesn't sound like that would be pleasant at all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    megasdkirby
    PSN
    megasdkirby

Quote Originally Posted by Cornelius View Post
    Given what the money means for you, you really can't afford to gamble, imo. Express Mail and insurance should protect you for Italy (and like destinations), but it would mean a significant delay if something happened, and it doesn't sound like that would be pleasant at all.
    Since Italy seems to be a gamble, can Kitsune put something extra, like a service, to make sure it gets there without hitch? Like "Restricted Delivery" or something like that?

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    captaindoom666
    Steam
    captaindoom666

i love auctions in related to rare items to see what they do

and i am a car guy so i watch the Barrett Jackson auctions on speed tv.

to be honest... this auction for a computer game has me more intrigued then those car auctions! so i hope for the best.

This is very cool!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Quote Originally Posted by Cornelius View Post
    We're all pulling for you! (except the reseller haters, I guess) Poor choice of words with the 'pulling' thing, sorry.

Naaaaah, it's okay. The good part is that dental work is super cheap down here in Mexico, so I could potentially get a whole new set of teeth with two grand.

Quote Originally Posted by megasdkirby View Post
    Since Italy seems to be a gamble, can Kitsune put something extra, like a service, to make sure it gets there without hitch? Like "Restricted Delivery" or something like that?
    EMS has a checkbox that basically says it can only be delivered to the addressee, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Collector_Gaming View Post
    i love auctions in related to rare items to see what they do

and i am a car guy so i watch the Barrett Jackson auctions on speed tv.

to be honest... this auction for a computer game has me more intrigued then those car auctions! so i hope for the best.

This is very cool!
    How'dya think I feel about this? I haven't had this much of an adrenalin rush in a long time!

I've made a post at eBay's discussion forums about shipping overseas and sending a package to the USA, and it verifies Cornelius' comment - I can send an item as long as the address is in the PayPal invoice.

Sooooo nervous.

Do you folks think I should submit this to GameSniped?
    Last edited by Kitsune Sniper; 03-17-2011 at 05:17 PM.

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    captaindoom666
    Steam
    captaindoom666

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MnuLrqJ_Y94

game play of the game for who ever ends up buying this or finds a copy and is too afraid to open and play it haha

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    megasdkirby
    PSN
    megasdkirby

$91 in less than 24 hours. Not too shabby.

Though the ID's, while masked, seem familiar...me thinks possible resellers.

Ryu Hayabusa (Level 16) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Oobgarm
    PSN
    Oobgarm
    Steam
    Oobgarm

I now want to hunt down a copy of this on the internets, just to try it out.
    RIP bargora, you will be greatly missed.That is how we do things on Giedion Prime.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Quote Originally Posted by megasdkirby View Post
    $91 in less than 24 hours. Not too shabby.

Though the ID's, while masked, seem familiar...me thinks possible resellers.
    The first two bidders were Italian - the next two are American. The current high bidder seems to be a normal account...

If any resellers want to take a stab at this, let them feel free to do so. I'm still going to look at user IDs and feedback history. If it turns out it's a scammer, I'll block them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

never heard about this game. Wonder what will happen in the end if it's THAT RARE. Sometimes people pay insane amounts for PC games. Look at Dune Nukem sealed bundles.. 300...700$...lol
    Wish you all best luck on this one. You are a great seller.
    OWNER: http://www.sealedvideogames.net
    My Rpg Collection
    Always looking for FACTORY SEALED snes and sega and psx RPG's.