Thread: Ebay Problem. Need HELP!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Ebay Problem. Need HELP!!!

I won an auction for a PS2 game for $7. The seller only accepts checks or money orders. After sending the first check I get a Non-Paying Bidder warning. I contact the seller who says he has not recieved payment. I look at my checking account and the check has not been cashed, so I send another check last week (wednesday). I figured with the holiday it would take 3-4 days for the seller to recieve the check and another 3-4 to send out the package. Today I get an e-mail saying my Ebay account has been suspended for non-payment. I went to Ebay, my registration is blocked and the help menus are a waste of time. I sent an e-mail to Ebay and the seller, no reply from the seller and Ebay sends me an automated e-mail saying to use the help menus.

I have over 90 completed auctions, all as a buyer. I have 2 previous non-paying bidder warnings over items that were less than $10 but each time the seller wanted shipping charges that were doubled the item price (for CDs). Those shipping charges were not stated in the auctions.

Is there any good way to resolve this thru Ebay?? Or do I have to start another acoount and lose all the good feedback?
    neotokeo2001

http://neoclassicgames.blogspot.com/
    Atari 2600 Limited Editions

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    shupirate

3 strikes and you are out. Lost checks are not your fault but the other two where you failed to complete the transaction are your fault.

Before you bid you should:

read the terms of the auction
    check the shipping charges
    if you have questions ask them
    if the shipping is not listed , than ask

After you bid

you are bound to pay for the auction. If you don't and the sellers fills out a Non Paying Bidder Against you , risk losing your account.

To be honest, I don't feel bad for you. You got what you deserve.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    VGKYOURMOM

dsullo, thats harsh man... don't think the seller can retract his complaint but you might be able to email ebay and ask for special permission to reinstate your account.I was once kicked off for having a nonvalid email address......ask Darth Vader, he got me kicked. and then they reinstated my account.

There has to be some way around your autoated messages. Keep trying or I guess you'll have to open a new account.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I doubt the 2 checks were lost, more like the seller did'nt want to sell the game for the winning bid.

As for the other two auctions. I think a $12 and a $8.50 charge for shipping (which was not stated in the auction),
    for single Playstation games is way too high. I checked your (dsullo) Ebay stats and you look like a great seller, your shipping charge for a Playstation game is
    $3. If someone wanted to charge $4.50 for Priority shipping with delivery confirmation that is fine. But way to often the sellers charge for Priority Shipping and the item is in a wrapped grocery bag sent regular mail for $2. I won't pay an inflated shipping charge to make up for winning a low bid.

I agree with Ebays guidelines over non-payment. But as a buyer the appeal process is a joke and a complaint against a seller is largely ignored. I was suspended once before for non-payment of an auction that I paid for instantly with a Buy It Now Paypal payment. You would think that since Ebay owns Paypal and the My Ebay page had a Paypal Paid logo they would get it. But no, it took 4 days to get re-instated.

By the way, the 9 wackos that gave you bad feedback, if they had been sellers you would have been suspended several times.
    Why won't you sell a game to that poor black guy??
    neotokeo2001

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The next time you send payment, don't send a check. Send a money order, and send it with usps delivery confirmation. This way you will KNOW when the seller gets the money, and there is NO WAY he/she can claim they never received the payment.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by zektor
    The next time you send payment, don't send a check. Send a money order, and send it with usps delivery confirmation. This way you will KNOW when the seller gets the money, and there is NO WAY he/she can claim they never received the payment.
    Point taken. Thanks. I usually pay with Paypal (probably 95%) and the few times I have sent checks there has been no problem. When I sell an item I always get delivery confirmation.
    neotokeo2001

Alex (Level 15)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    SoulBlazer07

If you can't get a response from the current seller, try contacting the last two sellers you did'nt pay. Explain the sitaution and offer to pay them a fee. if you can get ONE of them to drop their complaint aganist you (which can be done at any time), then your account will be turned back on (as you only have two strikes instead of three).

That happened to a couple years ago. I bid on a auction without reading what it was and the seller complained when I refused to pay. I finally agreed to repay his listing charges and the complaint was dropped.

And send another e-mail to EBay and explain all of this to them in a very long note -- mostly focused on this most recent complaint, of course.
    "Four o'clock and all is well.....wish I was in bed, Sir."
    -- Guard in the Imperial City, Oblivion

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    shupirate

neotokeo2001 since you took the time to investigate me, what is your ebay name?

Sorry if I sounded harsh but I was only trying to make the point that you need to ask your questions before bidding. I always ask the shipping on a game before I bid. You have know all the facts before bidding. If someone is selling a 15.00 game for 1.00 , maybe the shipping is 10.00

Like you pointed out I charge 3.00 for first class with confirmation in a nice padded envelope. Too many times you see people charging more and then wrapping the game in a paper bag.

Actually my first buy on ebay was an atari 2600 jr. I was soo excited to get back into the atari. It came in a box with no padding, then entire system was smashed and the seller tried to blame it on me. I did get my money back from that clown

Also my original ebay name was dustycellar which you will see has over 700 positives. I had to abandon it when I was harrassed by someone who kept creating new ids and bidding on all my items. It was crazy. The emails I was getting were threatening etc... For no reason. There are alot of wackos out there. Keep it simple.