Thread: The Collectors Experiment: Are you gamer enough to join in?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default The Collectors Experiment: Are you gamer enough to join in?

Hey everyone!

I think I'm not the only collector out there who has a lot of games in his collection which were only bought for the sake of having them and have never been played.
    To bring those collectors back in touch with their collection, we came up with the Collectors Experiment.

In this experiment we challenge you to choose three games in your collection that you have no previous experience with.
    After playing these games you can report back in this topic or, even better, make a video about it!
    Let everyone here know how you enjoyed, or disliked the games you tried out and join in on the discussion about the games others tried out.

Through this experiment we hope to get you back in touch with your collection and maybe discover a hidden gem or two!

The rules are also explained in this video by Xed : http://youtu.be/azp5gaftxr4
    The original topic where it all started can be found here: http://bit.ly/fhGZpn

Are you gamer enough to join this experiment? I hope you are!

I hope you like the idea and I'm looking forward to your participation!
    Last edited by Xtincthed; 03-26-2011 at 12:43 PM.

- Playstationcollecting.com .. The online Playstation Collecting Community
    The PlaystationCollecting.com Database and Collection Tool
    Twitter - Facebook - YouTube - Forum
    - Visit My Retro Video Game Store! -

Super Moderator Moderator
    Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Isn't that what most collectors do anyway when they play games? Just pick something at random from their backlog and start playing? I mean, I'd like to hope that there aren't too many collectors out there buying loads of games with no intention of playing them at all.

Since I rarely buy a game to immediately play, I guess I've been doing this "experiment" for years and years.

Looking at the linked topic, I guess people are picking games in genres they normally avoid? I guess maybe someone will find a hidden gem that way, but it seems more like a way to reinforce one's own biases, especially given that they're still only going in with the intention of trying it out for a couple hours rather than making a real commitment to a game to beat it. Seems like it boils down to a masochistic approach of "Let me play this game I think is bad for a little while and then rant about it", like that guy who played Record of Agarest War and used it to trash on Japanese RPGs in general even though most RPG fans don't think it's that great either.
    Last edited by Aussie2B; 03-26-2011 at 01:36 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie2B View Post
    Looking at the linked topic, I guess people are picking games in genres they normally avoid? I guess maybe someone will find a hidden gem that way, but it seems more like a way to reinforce one's own biases, especially given that they're still only going in with the intention of trying it out for a couple hours rather than making a real commitment to a game to beat it. Seems like it boils down to a masochistic approach of "Let me play this game I think is bad for a little while and then rant about it", like that guy who played Record of Agarest War and used it to trash on Japanese RPGs in general even though most RPG fans don't think it's that great either.
    sometimes it is indeed reinforcing ones bias, like the Agarest one.. but sometimes you can discover that you thought badly about a game which you turn out to love. If you read on in that topic you'll see that person also tried out Heavy Rain which he thought he'd dislike, but he loved it and is still playing it beyond the 2 hours

- Playstationcollecting.com .. The online Playstation Collecting Community
    The PlaystationCollecting.com Database and Collection Tool
    Twitter - Facebook - YouTube - Forum
    - Visit My Retro Video Game Store! -