Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Screw it! Think I'm heading to Walmart to get a midnight 3DS!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rev. Link View Post
    When I first played mine, I played it at work under fluorescent lights, and it did give me a bit of a headache. But later that night, after I got home, I played it a bunch more and I felt fine. Some people have been saying that the fluorescents make it mess with your eyes more because of them reflecting off of the top screen. I don't know if that's true, or I just got used to it.

The next day at work I played some more, and felt fine, though I didn't play very long. So don't give up on it entirely. You could just need an initial adjustment period.
    This is probably true, if there are noticeable reflections on the screen then your eyes have to strain to try to keep focus.

I thought 3D would be hard on my eyes, but so far I have had really no problems playing it.
    Stone Age Gamer®
    Gaming De-evolved.™
    www.stoneagegamer.com

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jehusephat View Post
    I don't recall the original DS selling out when it was released. I only knew one person who bought one right when the system came out, and my friends and I all made fun of him because the games he was showing us were all terrible.
    Which games?

The first DS game I ever bought was XX:XY, and it blew me away. I remember thinking that if even third-party DS games at LAUNCH were all going to be that innovative (which, of course, they weren't), Sony may as well not bring the PSP to market.

Of course, being a big PSP nerd now, I'm glad they did.

I'm totally obsessed with the stupid 3DS now, contemplating trying to build a complete collection, even though I've never done that before. I just love the system. The graphical chasm between it and the NGP won't be as wide as between the DS and the PSP, and the NGP doesn't have 3D, which I DO think is a real asset. I'll still buy an NGP, but probably not at launch unless there's some crazy killer app (i.e. MAINLINE Final Fantasy title, etc).