Thread: Satoshi Matrix Bead Sprites

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Satoshi_Matrix

Default Satoshi Matrix Bead Sprites

Hey all, due to reasons I'm not going to detail, my prior beadsprite thread was deleted, so this one will take it's place. DP limits posts to only 10 images, so please forgive these initial rapid fire initial posts. They all go together, but I don't want to create issues where the thread is bumped as I try to restore it. I'll just do it all at once with each reply only seconds behind the last.

So yes, welcome to my beadsprite thread!

Since I was a kid, I've loved craftwork. Making things out of wood, homemade christmas ornaments, that sort of thing. For about a year now, I've taken up a sort of unusual hobby. How could I combine my love of craftwork with my other favourite hobby - ratro gaming? The answer: fuse beads.

Fuse beads, a simple craft meant for children to create simple shapes, is based on a grid format, just as pixels are in sprites. Doing some guesswork originally, then finally getting serious with actual spritesheets, I've since made many sprites.

As most of you guys already know, I'm a huge Rockman fan, almost bordering an obsession. I'd like to show you guys what I've made! I literally have hundreds of beadsprites. I'm posting here on this board because these are all classic gaming related and probably gets more traffic.

Unlike most spriters, I've gone to great lengths to make sure that my sprites adhere to the NES color pallet as closely as possible in general (meaning they are never miscolored) but I also adhere to their original full-color designs, and recolor the sprites to match what they would look in in artwork as opposed to the limited amount of colors the NES could produce for them. You'll see what I mean as I post my works.

So anyway, without further ado, here's my sprite works! I take pride in what I do, so I hope you'll enjoy looking at these as much as I do.

This is a series of various sprites. You've got a series of Tetris blocks, Bub from Bobble Bobble, Shantae from one of the GBC's best games of the same name, a custom made Zero Suit 8-bit Samus, Luigi, a ? Block and a Koopa troopa from SMB1, DigDug, The Wizard from my favorite childhood C64 game, and finally a bead sprite Famicom.

Various sprites. The bottom right sprite is suppose to be Super Joe in Megaman sprite style, but it actually ends up looking more like Tomonobu Itagaki. 8)

Bosses from Megaman 1. From left to right and top to bottom: Dr. Light, Rush, Protoman, Megaman, Roll, Cutman, Gutsman, Iceman, Bombman, Fireman, Elecman. Oilman and Timeman are missing as I don't have any sprites for them. Can someone here help?

Bosses from Megaman 2. From left to right and top to bottom: Metalman, Airman, Bubbleman, Quickman, Crashman, Flashman, Heatman, Woodman. Flashman, Crashman, and Bubbleman have been color enhanced beyond the capabilities of the NES color pallet. I based their proper colors on official character artwork.

Bosses from Megaman 3. From left to right and top to bottom: Needleman, Magnetman, Geminiman, Hardman, Topman, Snakeman, Sparkman, Shadowman. Snakeman has been color enhanced slightly by adding the red snake eyes he should have.

Bosses from Megaman 4. From left to right and top to bottom: Brightman, Toadman, Drillman, Pharaohman, Ringman, Dustman, Diveman, Skullman.

Bosses from Megaman 5. From left to right and top to bottom: Gravityman, Waveman, Stoneman, Gyroman, Starman, Chargeman, Napalmman, Crystalman.
    Note that all these sprites have all been color enhanced beyond the capabilities of the NES color pallet. I based their proper colors on official character artwork.

Bosses from Megaman 6. From left to right and top to bottom: Blizzardman, Centaurman, Flameman, Knightman, Plantman, Windman, Tomahawkman, Yamatoman.
    Again, note that these sprites have all been color enhanced beyond the capabilities of the NES color pallet. I based their proper colors on official character artwork.

Bosses from Megaman 7 FC. From left to right and top to bottom: Freezeman, Junkman, Burstman, Cloudman, Springman, Slashman, Shademan, Turboman.
    Note that these sprites have all been color enhanced beyond the capabilities of the NES color pallet. I based their proper colors on third 16-bit sprites as well as official character artwork.

Bosses from Megaman 8 FC. From left to right and top to bottom: Tanguman, Astroman, Swordman, Clownman, Searchman, Frostman, Gernademan, Aquaman.
    Note that these sprites have all been color enhanced beyond the capabilities of the NES color pallet. I based their proper colors on official character artwork.
    Last edited by Satoshi_Matrix; 05-06-2011 at 07:04 PM.
    check out my classic gaming review site: http://satoshimatrix.wordpress.com/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Satoshi_Matrix

Bosses from Megaman 9. From left to right and top to bottom: Concreteman, Tornadoman, Splashwoman, Plugman, Jewelman, Magmaman, Hornetman, Galaxyman.
    Note that these sprites have all been color enhanced beyond the capabilities of the NES color pallet. I based their proper colors on official character artwork.

"I'm too sexy for 16-bit! I made this Splashwoman sprite before Megaman 9 even came out! I just based it on screenshots!

Sigma from Megaman Xtreme 1, color corrected to match his 16-bit sprite From MMX1.

More various sprites. This Link was actually from a stitch pattern for a pillow. Samus is from the Japanese FDS version of Metroid's save management system, Super Joe for Bionic Commando, and Sonic from Sonic the Hedgehog for the Gamegear. Sonic is too yellow for his own good, but it was done on a whim.

My first true 16-bit sprite, Terra Branford, the main character and heroine of the SNES classic, Final Fantasy VI.

A tribute to the awesome community devoted to the Famicom

More various sprites

More Rockman. Here's X from Xtreme recolored, Kalinka from MM4, Ran from the infamous Bob & George webcomic, a Met, Classic Rockman and two custom hacks I did: Rockman.EXE and Zero as he appears in the Zero series.

here's another sprite I made. A cookie for anyone who knows what this is. [shouldn't be too hard]

Metroid with transparent innards. To my knowledge, nobody else has done a Metroid like this.
    Last edited by Satoshi_Matrix; 05-07-2011 at 01:01 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Satoshi_Matrix

Super Pig, the mascot of Hacker International, an unlicensed developer of hentai FDS games. There's an article on it on Famicom World and I made this as a tribute to that. Don't bother trying to track down the games; they're awful. This sprite is quite massive.

GB Zelda Sprites

Giant Megaman from Megaman 6's Get Weapon screen.

Rockman Logo

Various small sprites from the megaman classic series. from right to left, top to bottom: Eddie, Large Weapons Energy, Large Health Energy, Extra Life, Large Screw, Beat, and Large P Chip.

Mario! Mario! Mario! Mario! Mario! *and then Mario's head is somehow the size of all of North America*

Following in my series of awesome huge sprites comes Super Mario. Sprite is from the image gallery of the Gameboy Color's super Mario Bros. Deluxe. I slightly edited and recolored the sprite, tweaking its inherent awesomeness, because I can.

Oh no! Bowser's about to burn up one of my Super Mario Bros. 3 cartridges! SMB3 sprites color enhanced to look ridiculously good.

Change of Heart

Another colossal sprite. Shown here is the Change of Heart magic card from the popular TCG Yu-Gi-Oh. Although I'm not a big fan of the anime (aside from the hilarious abridged series) the cardgame itself is pretty fun, and regardless, I've always liked this image. This is rather large and looks great hanging on a wall. It measures 12.5" x 14"

Custom Hatsune Miku!

She's a massive 15" tall.
    Last edited by Satoshi_Matrix; 04-04-2011 at 12:44 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Satoshi_Matrix

Portraits of the first nine robots built by Dr. Light. From top to bottom, left to right: Protoman, Megaman, Roll, Cutman, Gutsman, Bombman, Iceman, Fireman, Elecman. Although Megaman 1 characters, these portraits actually come from the ending of Megaman 3.

Stay tuned for more!

Megaman 2 robot master portraits!

Again, these have been color enhanced beyond the NES pallet and this is personally one of my favorite sets. Megaman 2 is simply a timeless classic.

Portraits of the robots from Megaman 3. From top to bottom, left to right: Sparkman, Snakeman, Needleman, Hardman, Megaman, Topman, Geminiman, Magnetman, Shadowman.

I made this set over three years ago, and overironed Geminiman. If I were to redo this set, Geminiman would turn out a lot better given what I've learned.

Megaman 4 Robot Master Portraits! IN SOVIET RUSSIA, ROBOT MASTERS YOU!

From top to bottom, left to right: Ringman, Diveman, Skullman, Pharaohman, Brightman, Toadman, Drillman, Dustman.

Note that these sprites are color enhanced to reflect their original artwork, not the NES color pallet.

And yup, you guessed it - Megaman 5 Robot Master Portraits!

Portraits of the robots from Megaman 5. From top to bottom, left to right: Stoneman, Gravityman, Crystalman, Chargeman, Protoman, Napalmman, Waveman, Starman, and Gyroman.

Note that these sprites are color enhanced to reflect their original artwork, not the NES color pallet.

Megaman 6 time!

Portraits of the robots from the last of the NES Megaman games, Megaman 6. From top to bottom, left to right: Blizzardman, Windman, Flameman, Plantman, Megaman, Tomahawkman, Yamatoman, Knightman, and Centaurman.

Here's Megaman 7 Robot Master Portraits!

These are all custom sprites I made in the style of the older NES portraits. From top to bottom, left to right: Springman, Freezeman, Slashman, Cloudman, Junkman, Turboman, Burstman, and Shademan.

Note that although these are custom sprites, these sprites are color enhanced to reflect their original artwork and SNES colors, not the NES color pallet.

Moving on...Megaman 8! I remember being SUPER excited to play this on my Saturn in 1997. It's still by far one of my favorite Saturn titles, so yeah, this set has a special place for me.

Megaman 8.These are all custom sprites I made in the style of the older NES portraits. From top to bottom, left to right: Astroman, Tenguman, Frostman, Clownman, Swordman, Searchman, Aquaman, and Gernademan.

Note that although these are custom sprites, these sprites are color enhanced to reflect their original artwork and PS1 colors, not the NES color pallet. These sprites too the longest to produce each of any of my works so far.

Megaman 9!

Portraits of the robots from the Wii/360/PS3 downloadable insta-classic, Megaman 9. From top to bottom, left to right: Concreteman, Jewelman, Hornetman, Tornadoman, Megaman, Plugman, Galaxyman Magmaman, and the lovely(?) Splashwoman.

Note that these sprites are color enhanced to reflect their original artwork and not the NES color pallet used in MM9.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Satoshi_Matrix

Portraits of the robots from the Wii/360/PS3 downloadable insta-classic, Megaman 10. From top to bottom, left to right: Blademan, Solarman, Sheepman, Chillman, Megaman, Commandoman, Nitroman, Strikeman, and Pumpman.

Note that these sprites are color enhanced to reflect their original artwork and not the NES color pallet used in MM10.

and here's them compared with their on-screen counterparts:

With these, I’ve completed all the portraits from the Rockman classic main series! Woo!

Here's a little something I've made for my niece. Nothing too special, yet nostalgic for me and she seems to like it.

I just finished under commission.

Kain and Dark Cecil battle sprites from Final Fantasy II (IV).

And with that, I'm caught up. New stuff coming in a few days! Thanks for looking!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Damn fine work!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Satoshi_Matrix

Here's a Super Mario Bros. Coinbox that you can use to hold actual coins! Or in my case, SD cards and card readers and such.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    SkaarDragoon

I also enjoy ratro gaming

I think your old thread was nuked because you were trying to sell from it. That can annoy the mods.
    <Sothy> its the internet <Sothy> who cares

Quote Originally Posted by Daltone View Post
    This is a classic gaming site and the most active thread is a load of people wanking off to my little pony.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

That missingno sprite is nice. Wish I had one.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Satoshi_Matrix

Some drink coasters featuring some of my favorite sprites. On the bottom of each I've glued a layer of cardboard to absorb any small amounts of condensation that might seep through. These are a big hit at parties.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Satoshi_Matrix

Okay guys, here's a little update. Thoguht it was time for some classic Street Fighter II love.

Chun Li preforming her famous supersonic kick. YATTA!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Oh wow, drink coasters. Now that's a neat idea. What if you did a bunch of game disc coasters? Like a Sega CD one, Dreamcast one, Saturn one, PSX, PS2, even a mini one of a Gamecube disc!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Satoshi_Matrix

cool idea. I'll see what I can do in the future.

Anyway, time for more Final Fantasy classic love.

A friend of a friend asked me to make her the girls from FF6, and here are the results.

Terra and Celes from Final Fantasy VI.

and while I was at it, another forum member asked for some final fantasy love as well. Hope she'll enjoy em.

Dancer Faris from Final Fantasy V, and playable Golbez from Final Fantasy IV Advance.

still more to come. stay tuned!

Pac-Man (Level 10) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Satoshi_Matrix View Post
    here's another sprite I made. A cookie for anyone who knows what this is. [shouldn't be too hard]

Uhh... the RAM/ROM check when you first switch on a Galaga machine?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Satoshi_Matrix

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Love those 3-D ones ("?" Block and E-Tank).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Satoshi_Matrix

Here's another update fellas.

Goemon and Ebisumaru from Konami's underrated Ganbare Geomon series. Such a great series with great import titles that are mostly platformers!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Satoshi_Matrix

Death, from Castlevania 3.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Satoshi_Matrix

Megaman riding on his trusty sidekick jet-dog Rush.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Satoshi_Matrix

Here's another custom I made for a guy on NA.

Classic Mario, but double scaled! This thing is pretty huge. NES Mario cart for reference.