Thanked in
    0 Posts

Not to start a fight here, but if anyone knows clones it's SatoshiMatrix

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I literally have a master's degree in clones, but that doesn't matter ..What matters is to find a solution for those Supaboys with the fault, and have point of no return...
    §ø Ï ζ Ξ Δ φ Ψ ς ώ ☆ ¿ ∞ ♪ ξ

Insert Coin (Level 0) Culex4096's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ooXxXoo View Post
    I literally have a master's degree in clones, but that doesn't matter ..What matters is to find a solution for those Supaboys with the fault, and have point of no return...
    I agree. I think the system is great, but it's a shame so many have sound issues

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Culex4096 View Post
    I agree. I think the system is great, but it's a shame so many have sound issues
    Just a reminder, mine is still for sale! lol.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Has anyone had any trouble with their screen? After playing some Super Bomberman 2 (specifically, when the boss was exploding) my screen began to flicker and become static-y and distorted. And it's only gotten worse after trying other games. Has this happened to anyone else?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Could be shrapnel. Bombs are dangerous!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Taiyaki View Post
    Also does anyone see a light above the U and P in the Supaboy logo below the screen? I find it awkward to see this, doesn't give the impression of a good build. I also can see dust particles under the screen.
    Yep. Just ordered one from Amazon and I've got the same issues.

Damn, I was hoping for a high-quality product.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Just ordered one from Amazon. I really wanted to like this product. I'll probably return it.

I've got Yoshi's Island on order, and I'm really worried it's gonna be a dud on the Supaboy. I'm also playing through Earthbound again, and I seriously don't want it to go #fail on me end-game.

Complaints:

* D pad tight - the D pad requires a lot of pressure to trigger compared to a native controller
    * No low battery indicator - there is a "charging" indicator, but no low battery indicator
    * Cartridge lock doesn't work - there is a switch to lock the cartridge in the device, but it doesn't work for jack.
    * Some games incompatible (Super Mario RPG in particular) - MAJOR downer. All you get is a black screen.
    * Select/Start reversed - This is confusing.
    * Speakers weak - The speakers on this thing are really janky.
    * Buzz when volume set high - Other reviews I saw mentioned the buzz when playing. There's definitely a noticeable buzz when the volume is turned up (either speakers or headphones)
    * Odd waves on display - There are some noticeable waves that fluctuate on the screen during play.
    * Made of cheap 3rd party plastic - remember those cheap 3rd party controllers for SNES? This is made of that same plastic.
    * Short battery life with no option of user replaceable or 3rd party battery - 2 hours battery life. The battery is obviously a cell-phone 3.7V 1500mAh battery. I've e-mailed support for suggestions on buying a second battery or a 3rd-party battery.
    * Power switch feels flimsy - the power switch feels like it's going to break at any moment.
    * Screen doesn't appear to be LCD - it doesn't feel like an LCD; more like a small TV.
    * No support or warranty information on web site - manufacturer support on web site needs SERIOUS work.
    * No upgradeable firmware - not sure if the device is all ROMs or a device emulating the SNES, but I was hoping for the latter.
    * No HDMI out - it's easy enough to find embedded devices with HDMI out these days. Composite out is the only option on this device.
    * 6 month warranty - not super comforting.

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

This is why I avoid all clones.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I could have told you it's a piece of shit just by looking at it.

Insert Coin (Level 0) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    SwimyGreen
    3DS Friend
    ???
    Steam
    SwimyGreen

Quote Originally Posted by dogai View Post
    Has anyone had any trouble with their screen? After playing some Super Bomberman 2 (specifically, when the boss was exploding) my screen began to flicker and become static-y and distorted. And it's only gotten worse after trying other games. Has this happened to anyone else?
    I'm pretty sure your talking about how the screen goes nuts while it dies. I watched the entire thing on SMK. It flickers in the middle, gets rainbowy, turns grey, and the image slowly fades away and the system dies. I really with that there was a power LED...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wiggyx View Post
    I could have told you it's a piece of shit just by looking at it.
    Just for the record, it's not only a piece of shit, but Hyperkin just sucks.

The first one I received buzzed like hell, the controls were stiff. Shipped it back to Amazon for a replacement.

Got the second one, it had the same issues. I tweeted at Hyperkin, they told me to e-mail one of their media guys. He responded about a week later:

"What I suggest you do is to register your current unit, and if you don’t mind waiting a couple weeks (2-3, hopefully), I will personally see to it that you get a new SupaBoy that has been fully tested with these issues corrected."

A month went by and no response. On the last day I could return the 2nd Supaboy to Amazon, I did just that.

F- this company.

I took the $75 and bought myself a Nexus 7.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default New & Improved Supaboy now available

With fixed sound issue and longer battery life + new retail packaging. At EKGaming.com and GameGavel.com

http://www.ekgaming.com/supaboy-handheld-system/

http://www.gamegavel.com/item.cgi?show_item=0000659083

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I hope the other clone makers follow up with their own revisions.

There are some almost good portable SNES clones.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Any reviews or videos up for the new version? Did they really fix anything...or is this the usual clone BS.

thank you

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nusilver View Post
    Despite the sound issues, i was still able to test several games with the Supaboy.

The only ones I had issues with were Kirby Super Star and Super Mario RPG (neither would load), and Yoshi's Island has some sort of visual feedback happening (like when a cable isn't properly shielded). Hopefully this is all taken care of when Hypkerin calls me back to set up an exchange/fix. I spoke to them 2 hours ago and still haven't hear back.
    I can't find any other info about the revised version. Has anyone tried the new version?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MyTurnToPlay View Post
    Any reviews or videos up for the new version? Did they really fix anything...or is this the usual clone BS.

thank you
    You can buy a Nexus 7 (which can emulate it and everything else) for $200.
    You can buy a chinese "DroidX360" (a cheap android psp clone for $100).
    You can buy a 2-core (or 4) Android HDMI plug-in device (like Equiso) for $40-100 that will do Netflix/Hulu/Flash *and* emulation.
    Last edited by jm77; 07-28-2012 at 10:42 AM. Reason: removing me being dumb: -(

Don't do it...or,do. (shrugs) Custom rank graphic
    On permanent vacation from this bullshit.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FlyingBurrito76
    PSN
    FlyingBurrito76

Quote Originally Posted by jm77 View Post
    I'd spit at Hyperkin at the next E3.

(Nothing personal. I just really dislike Hyperkin. From personal experience, I know them to be liars and thieves.)
    The ever-present misplaced expectations of this type of merchandise not withstanding,

regardless of what you think about the quality of their merchandise, you should know that Hyperkin has some roots directly planted in the Digital Press community and they've fielded/sourced advice/direction from our members on projects like the FC Mobile II.

I don't know what Hyperkin could have personally done to you to evoke a reaction typically reserved for murderers or deposed dictators, but I consider threatening to spit on them not far removed from threatening to spit on members of this community. (And if you did actually do it, depending on who is at their booth it could quite literally be actual DP forum members.)

Also, I don't have a high tolerance for threats of physicality, so, consider this your warning.
    "And the book says: 'We may be through with the past, but the past ain't through with us.'"

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

The guy has a point. Not about the whole spitting thing...but about their trashy products.

The FC Mobile 2 I have personally played with...and that thing is a cheap chinese piece of crap. If you're going to use forced chinese child labor to make something...then for crying out loud make it half decent. I don't know if they used child labor...but it sure as hell seems that way. The quality is on their products is a disaster. The d-pad on that thing is the most atrocious hunk of junk ever built. It seems like the whole thing was designed by scam artists. And honestly...I think that's what it is...a scam.

But of course all these lemmings out there blow their load and keep supporting this crap.

Save your money guys...it's nothing but a piece of junk.

thank you.

Pac-Man (Level 10) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I cant believe gamers would act like this towards a company that is trying to fill a gaming need. Sure, the products could always be improved, but in my opinion I like having options. If others don't like the products, just dont buy them. I have never understood the blind hate towards clones. Sure the real-deal is better, but having an option is always nice.

To the guy who said he would spit on them, you need to relax. You are either very young or very ignorant. Take a chill pill if you plan on staying. Odds of that happening are not good.
    10-1 odds already, with only 5 posts......not bad.
    Last edited by MachineGex; 07-28-2012 at 05:03 PM.