Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 71314151617

Thread: The Supaboy - New SNES handheld from Hyperkin

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by kedawa View Post
    I'm pretty sure the RDP is still better than the SupaBoy.

The RDP is an even worse piece of garbage. A D-pad that sucks, speakers that are glued on and fall off, and a spaced out stupid button layout. Nice try...but the RDP is sh*t.

thank you.

Cherry (Level 1) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Drumfreak8

Quote Originally Posted by MyTurnToPlay View Post

The RDP is an even worse piece of garbage. A D-pad that sucks, speakers that are glued on and fall off, and a spaced out stupid button layout. Nice try...but the RDP is sh*t.

thank you.
    As someone said before you may want to chill if you don't like the systems why are you ranting in this thread? And before my questions were mostly about seeing if I could just play some NES and genesis games on the go if I got a supaboy it's not that much to ask if someone had already figured it out.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gunstar Hero View Post
    I am really looking into getting one of these as it is said the new models fixed a lot of issues people were experiencing. So I have a few questions prior to my purchase... One does it work with the retrogen Genesis to snes adapter? Two can controllers be used to play on the screen of the device or only on a tv? Three does it work with Starfox Super metroid Legend of Zelda super Mario all stars dk country All the Mortal Kombats and Mega man x? And finally four does it work with the Retroport NES to snes adapter? Sorry it's a lot to ask but also would you recommend this product?
    1) I don't have it. 2) No, and I wrote that already, controllers only work in TV mode. 3) I own all those and can fire them up, just not this second but Starfox did work as I said already. 4) I don't have that either nor an everdrive, super powerpak or other copier/dev kit like devices.

So far yeah I think I would recommend it given you go in knowing what I wrote in the first post. If you can live with the d-pad being capable of going overly pushed causing possible weird behavior unless you stay to the outside of it w/out modding the dpad assembly. If you can live without Yoshi's Island and SFA2, then yes I can recommend it.

Kedawa, not really. The only advantage I'm aware of with RDP vs Supaboy v2 would be that Street Fighter Alpha 2 works and maybe Yoshi's Island(never seen it run just the other.) The RDP speakers are very poor and badly attached, the tv out cable with the unit is shit that needs replacing to get good signal to the tv, and the XYBA buttons are widely set apart in an diamond shape which makes playing awkward, and the system is flimsy, also a few were known for just burning up and stopping. But sure, if it can run those 2 games I guess it's better in that respect. Trust me I looked into both of these things since Spring as I'm very anti-clone system and the fixes to the Supaboy sold me.