Thread: Ignorant questions re:DRM, dlc, and XBox360

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Ignorant questions re:DRM, dlc, and XBox360

I've got an XBox360 (first gen), with a 20Gb hdd.SO far there's nothing on the drive - it shows 13.9gb free. (SERIOUS FILESYSTEM OVERHEAD, IMO!)

There is a new XBox360 4Gb Kinect in my office, that I may use if I feel like it. (Sounds good in theory, but between job obligations and self-consciousness about playing on the job I've never turned it on.)

About a week ago I signed up for a 1-month trial of XBox Live Gold. I didn't intend to start the trial, and don't expect to pay for a subscription once the trial winds down.

I want to get Geometry Wars.

-- Do I have to buy Geometry Wars while my trial sub is active, or may I purchase it with whatever free XBox Live subscription exists (Silver?) ?

-- Can I continue to play the game if/after the Live account lapses?

-- Assuming I buy the game, is it possible to play the game on both my home XBox, and also the office XBox?

-- Is it possible for the office XBox to also be used by somebody else, with a different Live account?

Thanks.
    "A 'Radical Centrist' ??? Isn't that like being a Take-No-Prisoners Pussy? " - Stephen Colbert
    My Resume
    My Blog

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NoahsMyBro View Post
    I've got an XBox360 (first gen), with a 20Gb hdd.SO far there's nothing on the drive - it shows 13.9gb free. (SERIOUS FILESYSTEM OVERHEAD, IMO!)

There is a new XBox360 4Gb Kinect in my office, that I may use if I feel like it. (Sounds good in theory, but between job obligations and self-consciousness about playing on the job I've never turned it on.)

About a week ago I signed up for a 1-month trial of XBox Live Gold. I didn't intend to start the trial, and don't expect to pay for a subscription once the trial winds down.

I want to get Geometry Wars.

-- Do I have to buy Geometry Wars while my trial sub is active, or may I purchase it with whatever free XBox Live subscription exists (Silver?) ?

-- Can I continue to play the game if/after the Live account lapses?

-- Assuming I buy the game, is it possible to play the game on both my home XBox, and also the office XBox?

-- Is it possible for the office XBox to also be used by somebody else, with a different Live account?

Thanks.
    --You can buy Geometry Wars whether you have Gold or Silver. It will remain yours after your subscription expires.

--Yes, you can continue to play after the subscription expires. The game is yours.

--When you buy a game, you get two licenses. One for the gamertag, one for the hardware you initially purchase the game on. The original Xbox you made the purchase on retains OFFLINE rights to the game. So if you want to play the game on your home Xbox, buy it at home. You can then download and play the game on your work Xbox, as long as you have an active connection to Live (but you don't need gold). Make sense?

--Yes, it is possible for multiple accounts to use the same Xbox. Any games you purchase on the work Xbox can also be used by any account on that box. For example, you download Geometry Wars at work. Another person's gamertag on that Xbox can play the game as if it were theirs, but only on that Xbox.
    -Dobie
    NES, SNES, & Gameboy Collector

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thanks, your answer is genuinely helpful.
    "A 'Radical Centrist' ??? Isn't that like being a Take-No-Prisoners Pussy? " - Stephen Colbert
    My Resume
    My Blog