Thread: Solatorobo: Red the Hunter announced for North America and Europe

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Vlcice

Default Solatorobo: Red the Hunter announced for North America and Europe

Finally - Solatorobo has been announced for Europe under the title Solatorobo: Red the Hunter. It's being planned for some time this year, with Nintendo in charge of marketing and distribution. No announced North American release, so it's probably not happening.

Source: http://www.jeuxpo.com/afficher_news-...en_europe.html
    Last edited by Nz17; 08-10-2011 at 06:52 PM. Reason: title updated to reflect more announced release regions

Super Moderator Moderator
    Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

So it's been officially confirmed by Nintendo? I had heard about the PEGI rating and the trademark of "Red the Hunter", but I wasn't going to count my chickens before they hatched until a company flat-out announced they were localizing it.

But that's great news. I know I'll be importing since I'd absolutely like to play in English. Oh, speaking of that, has the European localization definitely been confirmed for containing an English option? I know when Tail Concerto came out in Europe, it was only in French.

Here's to hoping it'll be a great localization that gives it all the respect it deserves, and I hope it encourages more people, including Americans, to give it a try. It truly is one of the best games in the DS library, and experiencing it is like playing one of the best PS1 games you've never tried, if that makes any sense.

Strawberry (Level 2) SEGA_Queen's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Whoo Hoo! Finally there's an official confirmation regarding the EU release! I'm not sure if I'm going buy a copy though. However, if the EU gets some cool special edition of the game, then I might go for it. In the end, all I really want is a script translation, and then I'll be happy.

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

I'll buy it if it's in English and doesn't get a US release.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Vlcice

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie2B View Post
    But that's great news. I know I'll be importing since I'd absolutely like to play in English. Oh, speaking of that, has the European localization definitely been confirmed for containing an English option? I know when Tail Concerto came out in Europe, it was only in French.
    Not 100% confirmed, but the announcement is on Nintendo UK's site so probably: http://www.nintendo.co.uk/NOE/en_GB/...ope_32657.html

Edit: I missed that they mention English-speaking countries like Australia. Definitely going to include English then.

Tail Concerto was a special case because it was localized by Bandai's French division acting autonomously - I'd assume after their other divisions passed on the game. Judging by how it was done (subtitled, possibly without access to source materials) I'd guess it was something of a skunkworks localization.
    Last edited by Vlcice; 04-11-2011 at 06:42 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Vlcice

Update already. Release date has now been announced for July 1st. Now I just need to find a French game store that will ship to Canada...

Sources:
    http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/26035
    http://www.jeuxpo.com/afficher_news-...llet_en_f.html

Pac-Man (Level 10) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    3DS Friend
    0473-8317-6182

Sweet, I've heard a lot of good things about this one. Unless Ninty surprises us at e3 this year, I'm gonna try to import the Europe version.

DP Feedback | Game Blog of Awesomeness! | Seeking out these GCN kiosk discs: Jan 2002, 21, 25, & 29

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I wonder if it's getting a special edition like japan.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Vlcice View Post
    Update already. Release date has now been announced for July 1st. Now I just need to find a French game store that will ship to Canada...
    Interesting! Not only are we both Solatorobo fans, were both Canadians too!

Anyway, I'm curious why you want to order from a French retailer. Wouldn't it be easier to order it from Play-Asia or NCSX instead? Last time I checked, they both sold EU games and ship to Canada.

But hey, if you find an alternate retailer to get the game from, let me know.

Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wingzrow View Post
    I wonder if it's getting a special edition like japan.
    Extremely unlikely, I'd say. Even if it did come with some kind of bonus item, I don't think it would be on par with the items that come with Japan's limited edition.

Although, had you asked me prior to the announcement of the limited edition in Japan, I would've said that it'd be very unlikely for Solatorobo to get one, given Tail Concerto's relatively low sales and its small cult fan base. I honestly don't know why it got one, other than CyberConnect2's own love and passion for the project, but I'm not complaining.
    Last edited by Aussie2B; 04-12-2011 at 10:34 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Vlcice

Quote Originally Posted by SEGA_Queen View Post
    Interesting! Not only are we both Solatorobo fans, were both Canadians too!

Anyway, I'm curious why you want to order from a French retailer. Wouldn't it be easier to order it from Play-Asia or NCSX instead? Last time I checked, they both sold EU games and ship to Canada.

But hey, if you find an alternate retailer to get the game from, let me know.
    Just from a collectors' POV, I guess. It would feel right to me having the French version of the game, since I played Tail Concerto in French and Solatorobo is filled with so much in-world French. If it's too expensive I'll probably give up on the idea though.

It might give me a decent chance to finally get the Orange Road novels in French if I find a store that also carries books, now I think of it.

Didn't know you were Canadian! Funny coincidence.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Vlcice View Post
    Just from a collectors' POV, I guess. It would feel right to me having the French version of the game, since I played Tail Concerto in French and Solatorobo is filled with so much in-world French. If it's too expensive I'll probably give up on the idea though.
    Ah, so you're bilingual? That's cool!

I still remember having to learn French in high school, back when I still lived in Ontario. Of course that was years ago, so I've forgotten everything.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The first English screenshots are online! Click on the link below to check them out:

http://www.nintendo-master.com/xtnew...0he_hunter.htm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The official website is up:

http://www.nintendo.co.uk/NOE/en_GB/...ter_33023.html

Also, here's a better quality version of the first trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwtIH...eature=related

Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Heh, that British narration is pretty awkward. I think the trailer would be better without the lines being read out loud. I really hope this isn't an indication that the game will have English dubbing. It's not like there would be much to dub anyway, but I hope it stays in French. I wonder what actual French people will think of the Japanese butchering their language, though, haha.

Otherwise, everything is looking great. Seems very faithful. I've been getting used to games that I care about getting completely awful localizations, so this is refreshing for me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    3DS Friend
    0473-8317-6182

Well, I had my fingers crossed for a surprise E3 announcement of a release stateside, but looks like we won't be getting it. Anybody know of a good reputable importer of European games?

DP Feedback | Game Blog of Awesomeness! | Seeking out these GCN kiosk discs: Jan 2002, 21, 25, & 29

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Vlcice

Alas, so it seems. A friend of mine seems convinced that Nintendo's waiting to see how it does in Europe, but I'm p. sure that's not how they roll.

http://www.game.co.uk will deliver to North America for £4.95. Not sure if there are other sellers that might be better. They have the game on preorder for £24.99, which is USD$40. Euro games are pricey. (But Solatorobo is worth it.)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    3DS Friend
    0473-8317-6182

I can almost guarantee, the moment I get the import in my hands and into my DS, Nintendo will announce a stateside release, just to piss me off.

EDIT: Gyaah, with shipping it's almost fifty bucks. Stupid weak dollar. I may have to hold off for a while...

Just an observation, have you noticed that Europe seems to be getting a lot of exclusives that are passed over for U.S. release? Is this some sort of karma revenge for Europe getting the shaft in previous generations?
    Last edited by joshnickerson; 06-09-2011 at 09:10 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by joshnickerson View Post
    Gyaah, with shipping it's almost fifty bucks. Stupid weak dollar. I may have to hold off for a while...
    Tell me about it. The price is just as bad in Canadian dollars. If I had the money, I'd gladly double-dip on this game.

Hopefully, someone will transcribe the english script and put it online.

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.