Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: Solatorobo: Red the Hunter announced for North America and Europe

Strawberry (Level 2) SEGA_Queen's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wingzrow View Post
    My gamestop had ONE copy so i picked it up. The guy who sold it to me swears up and down that it didn't come factory sealed, just the soundtrack was sealed.

Can anyone confirm this?

I know it's a very late release so they might be doing this, but if it's not true and the game it's self has some kind of shrinkwrap normally i will just make a return and buy a brand new copy off ebay or something.
    I've watched 3 unboxing videos on Youtube. All of them showed shrinkwrap on the outer box the holds the game and CD, and shrinkwrap around the CD jewel case. However, the game case itself is not shrinkwrapped.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well that's great, guess I have to return it. I called another gamestop and they said their new copy was sealed. I'm going to be doing some biking tomorrow anyway.

EDIT: just looked up a video of an unboxing and they do indeed come with shrinkwrap new.
    Last edited by wingzrow; 09-29-2011 at 07:25 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Gasshu-kun

Quote Originally Posted by wingzrow View Post
    Well that's great, guess I have to return it. I called another gamestop and they said their new copy was sealed. I'm going to be doing some biking tomorrow anyway.

EDIT: just looked up a video of an unboxing and they do indeed come with shrinkwrap new.
    My box was shrinkwrapped, but not the game case. These guys got their copies the same way.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-WdsZWv2S_0
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Az6wWSZC1Qk
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wqEjE1Wvzg (8:35 mark)

I think you're okay.
    In Heaven, everything is fine.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Went to THREE gamestops in my area. Had the worst time finding it but got myself a sealed copy. Seems each gamestop in my area got TWO( rare game? ) copies.

Asking for the game over the phone and in store was awkward. First over the phone they say they don't have it. I ask if they got the name right and they thought TO was PO. They say they have a copy and it's sealed so i'm happy. Head over there on the windiest day in chicago this year and SURPRISE! They say they don't have the game. I ask in person if they're sure and again and get a " oh, looks like we do have a copy "

and...it's not sealed.

So i had them call a third store in the area who said they had a sealed copy and got lucky, because that third store only had that one copy.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I picked it up yesterday and they only received two of them. Good thing I picked it up maybe it will be hard to come by later on.

Great Puma (Level 12) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

I can't find this game anywhere. I've checked Best Buy, Target, K-Mart, and Wal-Mart. None of them have it. I really don't want to deal with Gamestop, but is that pretty much my only option other than Amazon?

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tupin View Post
    I can't find this game anywhere. I've checked Best Buy, Target, K-Mart, and Wal-Mart. None of them have it. I really don't want to deal with Gamestop, but is that pretty much my only option other than Amazon?
    I think Overstock.com has it in stock. In my experience, they're good with fast shipping. That's where I plan to get it when I can gather up the scratch.
    Currently catching up on PSN, WiiWare, Wii U E-Shop and Xbox Live Arcade exclusives I missed.

Strawberry (Level 2) SEGA_Queen's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Woo Hoo! I just got a call from my local EB Games. My copy of Solatorobo has come in! I'll pick it up tomorrow, and then spend the evening savoring this gem (for the second time)!

Super Moderator Moderator
    Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

My copy finally shipped from Amazon today.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Vlcice

Still waiting on mine Ran into some trouble getting it online, but a Gamestop has a copy they're holding for me, so I'm picking it up tomorrow.

I can has MOAR DS? Custom rank graphic
    Bay Area, Ca | 2125 miles from Chicagoland
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    PapaStu

My copy took a long time to ship. It's on it's way, but I don't know where it came from Amazon wise. I'm in no rush. It'll sit on the shelf w/ the rest of the Altus DS RPG's.
    Because it makes no attempt to be great, it is therefore extremely great.
    Some of My Game Collection
    Mah Mac n' Cheese Blog

Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Okay, but it's not published by Atlus nor an RPG, haha. :P

Strawberry (Level 2) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Dogi99
    PSN
    Segata-S

My copy will be in wed.

Oh BTW it's published by XSEED not Atlus and developed by CyberConnect2 and is a ARPG

Life!? ... What console is that on?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    PapaStu

I was implying that this would be sitting on the same shelf as all the other 'big box' first run DS games that have come with a soundtrack, which are predominately Atlus RPGs (or some flavor of RPG) and not get played... just like those don't. Sure didn't say anything about it's game type, or who published it, just that because of it's box it's getting put with the others that are just like it. ::shrug::

'It's not an RPG' in Aussie's reply, the next, 'It's an ARPG' That still makes it... wait for it... an RPG.
    Mah Mac n' Cheese Blog

Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

A lot of people are calling it an RPG/Action RPG, but it's really not. It's just an action-based adventure game, that happens to also have some common RPG elements like EXP and currency (but I think we'll all experienced enough games to know that TONS of games have RPG elements like those without remotely being RPGs, like the modern Castlevania games). Solatorobo is more like Mega Man Legends and Zelda than Final Fantasy. Granted, some people call Zelda an Action RPG. Personally, I wouldn't and I don't like the term "Action RPG" in the first place, but if people want to call it that, I think it's a slippery slope to drop out the "Action" part. I've seen numerous news pieces and reviews just call it an RPG, and then in the comments you seen people talking about other DS releases like Final Fantasy, Dragon Quest, Etrian Odyssey, MegaTen, etc. as if Solatorobo has anything in common with those, and it just makes me want to pull my hair out that people have such the wrong idea of the game.

There's been a lot of misinformation about this game, unfortunately. Basically everywhere you go you'll see people calling Solatorobo a "spiritual successor" of Tail Concerto (which I blame on whoever put that on Wikipedia since it appears to stem from that), when in fact it's in the same world, roughly in the same time period, features appearances from Tail Concerto cast members, and, most importantly, it's in the same franchise (Little Tail Bronx) and has been confirmed by CyberConnect2 as a sequel. So clearly it doesn't remotely match the definition of a "spiritual successor".

Another thing I see creeping up is people saying that Solatorobo was in production for 10 years, which is a twisting of the real information. CC2 had wanted to make a follow-up to Tail Concerto for 10 years, true, but they spent 7 years having their pitch repeatedly denied by Bandai. The actual production period was 3 years.

Anyway, you really should play Solatorobo, PapaStu. This isn't just some generic DS RPG #106. This game is definitely something special.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    PapaStu

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie2B View Post
    Anyway, you really should play Solatorobo, PapaStu. This isn't just some generic DS RPG #106. This game is definitely something special.

I'm a fan of Tail Concerto and had a good time w/ it on the PS. I'm also a fan of the ActionAdventure games. I'm sure I'll get around to it, but i'm not in a rush as i've got just a bit of DS stuff to play. Can you tell where it'll get put?

Mah Mac n' Cheese Blog

Chaos Knight
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Mayhem64

Found a completely sealed new copy at a Gamestop down near Atlanta while I'm travelling US side currently, so I'm happy

Pac-Man (Level 10) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    3DS Friend
    0473-8317-6182

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    Found a completely sealed new copy at a Gamestop down near Atlanta while I'm travelling US side currently, so I'm happy
    Hey, you're in my neck of the woods! If you get over near Athens at any point, look up UGAME, a new indie game shop that just opened up a few weeks ago. It's small, but they got some cool stuff. Plus, they're next to a Papa Johns pizza, so you can take care of lunch too.

There's also a couple of indie shops in the Covington area as well, though I'm not sure where you're headed...

DP Feedback | Game Blog of Awesomeness! | Seeking out these GCN kiosk discs: Jan 2002, 21, 25, & 29

Administrator

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

I would say that Sola to Robo is an adventure action game because the emphasis is definitely on the action. Yes, you are going from island to island on an adventure with lots of text mainly in the form of dialog, but most of the time is not spent exploring ("adventuring") but rather walking, running, flying, racing, jumping, flapping your arms, and picking things up and throwing them into other stuff. And as far as RPG elements go, I have a hard time calling them that. You have to find sparkling spots on the ground that have capsules which contain points to unlock more blocks for your mech customizations; and the more quests you take, the better reputation you get. That's really it. You don't get any experience from battles, and only occasionally will a defeated enemy drop money or health items.

I tells ya, you can't have an action game with a third person perspective anymore without someone calling it an action RPG!

Strawberry (Level 2) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Dogi99
    PSN
    Segata-S

Few hours in. I like it. very enjoyable.
    Some of the mini quests bug me. Aesthetics are amazing for DS. Music is nice and does the job.

Life!? ... What console is that on?