Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    blitzwing256
    PSN
    blitzwing256

I recently re-started traysia to see if there is any redeeming quality to it, I got it back in the day pretty cheaply and always got frustrated in the secondish area where suddenly everything kills you instantly if you didn't spend 6 years leveling up in the first cave. Taking my time leveling up and buying equipment before moving on, lets see if I can get past this barrier ;-)

Insert Coin (Level 0) QuickSciFi's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

^About Traysia: Is anyone else getting the same thing as I, or am I stuck with a bad copy? There seems to be the biggest glitch of any RPG on this one: every three to six inches that you scroll through the screen, the party (sprite) halts for a fraction of a second. It's an intermittent mooove... HALT! mooove... HALT! and on and on.

Pac-Man (Level 10) Blitzwing256's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    blitzwing256
    PSN
    blitzwing256

i've never noticed anything like that on the original cartridge or on an emulator, maybe its one of the games that have issues with a 6-button controller?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

No, I tried it with both just now. It's not a controller issue. But I did look over a couple of youtube vids and the problem persists with those vids. Are u sure you're not getting it? It's not exactly a halt, just a little bumpity stroll, if you will. It's quite annoying, since you don't get to walk on a smooth line, every three inches or so, the entire screen bumps in the direction you're walking. Just try to walk your character from one side of the town to the other without halting and you'll see.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by QuickSciFi View Post
    No, I tried it with both just now. It's not a controller issue. But I did look over a couple of youtube vids and the problem persists with those vids. Are u sure you're not getting it? It's not exactly a halt, just a little bumpity stroll, if you will. It's quite annoying, since you don't get to walk on a smooth line, every three inches or so, the entire screen bumps in the direction you're walking. Just try to walk your character from one side of the town to the other without halting and you'll see.
    I noticed that as well. It's pretty annoying. I've tried it on a Genesis 3, a model 1, and emulator. It's the same every time. Mine was the US NTSC version if that helps.

All you people's love for Super Hydlide is scaring me.

ServBot (Level 11) Edmond Dantes's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

I suppose I should look up this "Traysia" thing, I've never heard of it.

Personally I couldn't get into the Phantasy Star games (except the first one) or Shining Force 1... I liked 2 though, mostly for the improved soundtrack, but I could still never keep interested long enough to beat it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by old man View Post
    I noticed that as well. It's pretty annoying. I've tried it on a Genesis 3, a model 1, and emulator. It's the same every time. Mine was the US NTSC version if that helps.
    Thanks. I was starting to think I was the only one over here. Walking around freely through towns and worlds is one of my favorite things about RPGs. This game had excellent graphics, but the gameplay is way too buggy. I'm still going to try to enjoy it as much as I can, but it's going to have to be intermittently, as the gameplay makes me dizzy.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I really loved Traysia's battle system. It would have been awesome with a little bit more refinement and better AI. If your having trouble then there is a defensive item (can't remember it's name ATM) you can buy a lot of and equip them all. As long as you've got enough gold it makes you pretty much invincible.

Pac-Man (Level 10) Blitzwing256's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    blitzwing256
    PSN
    blitzwing256

The battle system reminds me alot of ultima exodus and avatar on the nes, I could really get into it if it wasn't so horribly balanced, the snake things in one area don't hurt you at all, yet the birds in the same area kill you in one hit. frustrating