1 3.03%
  • Virtua Fighter

6 18.18%
  • Mortal Kombat

5 15.15%
  • I'm not into fighters like that

1 3.03%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Street Fighter Vs. Tekken Vs. Mortal Kombat Vs.Virtua Fighter?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Fighter's Megamix is my favorite fighting game ever, but I always play it Fighting Vipers style so I can't really vote Virtua Fighter.

The Gentleman Thief Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    PSN
    BalooDP
    Steam
    baloorj

Back in the day I was a big Mortal Kombat fan, 2D and 3D, and then I found Street Fighter 3rd Strike and there was really no turning back. Still like MK a bit, but it pales in comparison to the gameplay of Street Fighter, just so great.

I don't like Tekken, but the Virtua Fighter series I do enjoy. I really love Fighters Megamix, and criminally underrated to boot.

Insert Coin (Level 0) Cornholio857's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Cornholio857

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    Back in the day I was a big Mortal Kombat fan, 2D and 3D, and then I found Street Fighter 3rd Strike and there was really no turning back. Still like MK a bit, but it pales in comparison to the gameplay of Street Fighter, just so great.

I don't like Tekken, but the Virtua Fighter series I do enjoy. I really love Fighters Megamix, and criminally underrated to boot.
    QFT. I really need to pick that up. As for me, I'm more of a MK and VF fan. I will play Street Fighter from time to time.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by exit View Post
    Power Moves
    That was actually a pretty decent localization of Touken Retsuden 1(the best import wrestling series ever imo).

For me it has to be Tekken. I got hooked on 3 and became addicted on Tekken Tag(can't wait till Tekken Tag 2 comes out). I still have love for Mortal Kombat but I never really got into Virtual Fighter. As for Street Fighter, I haven't played any of those games since the Genesis days, unless you count the Vs series. I play those but not enough to be a huge fan.
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P
    Quote Originally Posted by THE 1 2 P
    Why? Once you've seen one partially-exposed butthole you've seen them all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

While I absolutely love 3rd Strike, VF has consistently improved upon their games with every iteration.The amount of time and care they take with every game is simply unmatched , and it shows in the final product.VF is easily the best fighting game series ever made.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Cannon Spook
    PSN
    Cannon_Spook

It's crazy how much love for Virtua Fighter there is on this forum o_O I also think it's one of the finest fighting game series' ever made, especially how unbelievably detailed it is. Despite how many people love it here, it continues to be an unpopular game.

Then again, it takes way more skill than just about any other fighting game currently out takes, so that explains its unpopularity.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nirvana View Post
    It's crazy how much love for Virtua Fighter there is on this forum o_O I also think it's one of the finest fighting game series' ever made, especially how unbelievably detailed it is. Despite how many people love it here, it continues to be an unpopular game.

Then again, it takes way more skill than just about any other fighting game currently out takes, so that explains its unpopularity.
    That's pretty much it.Some say the same thing happened to 3rd Strike.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Cannon Spook
    PSN
    Cannon_Spook

It really is a shame, too. Aside from the fantastic gameplay, the graphics and animations in the game are beautiful with many intricate details. I actually plan on dedicating a lot of time to Virtua Fighter 5 this summer, since a local up and coming arcade near me has a group of people that actually play it.

God I love fighting games.

Lamer Gamer Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Geoffvdl
    PSN
    Geoffvdl

Quote Originally Posted by Nirvana View Post

God I love fighting games.

Check out Arcana Heart 3 yet?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Cannon Spook
    PSN
    Cannon_Spook

Not quite yet, that's the all girls fighting game made by Aksys right? I love their style of games, I should check it out.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by G-Boobie View Post

Check out Arcana Heart 3 yet?
    It looks like a flash game.Is it a doujin title?

Lamer Gamer Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Geoffvdl
    PSN
    Geoffvdl

Quote Originally Posted by kokujin View Post
    It looks like a flash game.Is it a doujin title?
    Nope. It's by Examu, who also did... Samurai Shodown V, I think. Arc System Works did the port for PS3 and 360, though it looks like the U.S. is only getting it on PSN.

It has some doujin (which is pretty much code for "cleverly stolen from Guilty Gear in some way") mechanics, but it's definitely its own animal. The animation straight up sucks, but the mechanics GO DEEP. No other game has spacing and positioning like it, except maybe Psychic Force. One of the five buttons is the "homing" button, which does a bunch of stuff, but at its most basic it "homes" you into your opponent. You can hit it pretty much whenever you want, so you get some crazy dog fight looking situations. You can cancel the homing with most normals, specials, and jump, so it's safe if you're smart, and when you get into the crazier stuff like canceling unsafe special moves WITH the homing button to bait out punishable moves, it's really rewarding. Using homing for anything other than dashing at your opponent is managed by a meter, so you can't just spam it except to move. There are a bunch of characters, because you know, fighting game, but then there are the Arcana, which is like having twenty some odd CvS2 style grooves to choose from. They're important: they actually alter your special moves and supers. So: pick your character, pick your Arcana, and beat up your friends. So yeah. The game is crazy.

Thirty bucks is a lot to ask for most folks when it comes to games that look like they were developed for early PS2, but if you like Melty Blood, Guilty Gear, or games in that vein, it's worth a look. Also? The netcode is godlike. I was playing some guys in Texas tonight and it was nearly flawless.
    Last edited by G-Boobie; 04-21-2011 at 04:45 AM.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Street Fighter is the better game(my vote), but I do prefer Tekken to it.(tag mainly)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Out of the list, SF. For others not on the list, KOF.

On the topic of AH3, I didn't really like the first game but I'm willing to check out the recent installment.
    And don't bring up that stupid girlie Aladdin rip off! Shantea?

The Gentleman Thief Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    PSN
    BalooDP
    Steam
    baloorj

Quote Originally Posted by kokujin View Post
    That's pretty much it.Some say the same thing happened to 3rd Strike.
    Yeah, I've heard people complain about the difficulty of both Virtua Fighter and 3rd Strike. 3rd Strike is one of my top fighters though, the gameplay goes unmatched. I really don't think that gameplay should be dumbed down when it comes to fighters, I mean IMO Street Fighter IV just pales in comparison to 3rd Strike. Not an enjoyable game for me.

And Virtua Fighter really does have a deep learning curve, but once you get used to it the game becomes hella fun! And the fairly easy AI helps you with this in say, Arcade Mode.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Cannon Spook
    PSN
    Cannon_Spook

Quote Originally Posted by G-Boobie View Post
    Nope. It's by Examu, who also did... Samurai Shodown V, I think. Arc System Works did the port for PS3 and 360, though it looks like the U.S. is only getting it on PSN.

It has some doujin (which is pretty much code for "cleverly stolen from Guilty Gear in some way") mechanics, but it's definitely its own animal. The animation straight up sucks, but the mechanics GO DEEP. No other game has spacing and positioning like it, except maybe Psychic Force. One of the five buttons is the "homing" button, which does a bunch of stuff, but at its most basic it "homes" you into your opponent. You can hit it pretty much whenever you want, so you get some crazy dog fight looking situations. You can cancel the homing with most normals, specials, and jump, so it's safe if you're smart, and when you get into the crazier stuff like canceling unsafe special moves WITH the homing button to bait out punishable moves, it's really rewarding. Using homing for anything other than dashing at your opponent is managed by a meter, so you can't just spam it except to move. There are a bunch of characters, because you know, fighting game, but then there are the Arcana, which is like having twenty some odd CvS2 style grooves to choose from. They're important: they actually alter your special moves and supers. So: pick your character, pick your Arcana, and beat up your friends. So yeah. The game is crazy.

Thirty bucks is a lot to ask for most folks when it comes to games that look like they were developed for early PS2, but if you like Melty Blood, Guilty Gear, or games in that vein, it's worth a look. Also? The netcode is godlike. I was playing some guys in Texas tonight and it was nearly flawless.
    30 bucks? That's not bad at all, especially if it's how you described it. I'll try to get it this weekend.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

If Mortal Kombat games still felt like Mortal Kombat games, I might have voted a little bit differently, but out of the choices I'd say Street Fighter is doing the best.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    SloshyCape0

Quote Originally Posted by Nonplus View Post
    If Mortal Kombat games still felt like Mortal Kombat games, I might have voted a little bit differently, but out of the choices I'd say Street Fighter is doing the best.

You obviously haven't played the new MK.

Insert Coin (Level 0) gamegenie's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by The Shawn View Post
    You obviously haven't played the new MK.
    I sure wish WB weren't stingy in not making a demo for 360 users to test it out before buying.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gamegenie View Post
    I sure wish WB weren't stingy in not making a demo for 360 users to test it out before buying.
    I don't see why they did that either, especially considering that the 360 is much more popular than the PS3 here in the US(where the game was made and has it's biggest buying audience). Luckily I also have a PS3 so I was able to try it out but unfortunately the demo was single player only.

Back on topic, I'm a bit surprised by how little love Tekken has been shown. Actually, I think I'm the only one that prefers it over the others.
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P
    Quote Originally Posted by THE 1 2 P
    Why? Once you've seen one partially-exposed butthole you've seen them all.