Thread: Help, wife tried to buy item from japan, issues.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Help, wife tried to buy item from japan, issues.

Hi guys,

i need help from someone, i have posted this on the 3 forums i trust, my wife told me today she tried to buy an item from japan for me, something has gone wrong and the shipping is failing, the item was returned to teh seller for some reason and now that seller will only ship to a local person. So im deperately trying to find a person i can have the item shipped to, its a present for me, so i dont want to know what the item is, my wife would contact you to help arrange the shipping, if anyone based in japan can help out i would love to hear from you. i would pass you my wifes email address so that you can deal with her direct..

Hope someone can help, i cant use a shipping service for this item apparently, i dont know alot about it, so need a real person in japan to help

thanks guys,
    Currently Looking For :
    Magical Chase TG16 Manual
    TG16 Order of the Griffon Complete Mint
    TG16 Chew Man Fu Complete Mint
    PAL Dreamcast Samba De Amigo - Box
    Dragon Warrior 2 - Mint Box, Dragon Warrior 1 - 4 Mint Maps, Dragon Quest Guide Books

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm not based in Japan, so I can't help you, but did the seller mention why the package got returned to him/her? Only times I've had that was when the seller wrote several typos in the address field and another time when a guy tried to ship a DSi XL + PSP from Japan, as they don't allow batteries being sent overseas.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nico87 View Post
    I'm not based in Japan, so I can't help you, but did the seller mention why the package got returned to him/her? Only times I've had that was when the seller wrote several typos in the address field and another time when a guy tried to ship a DSi XL + PSP from Japan, as they don't allow batteries being sent overseas.
    No i dont know, nor do i know what the item is, as its a birthday present for me, im trying to not ask my wife too many questions .. All i know is the item was returned to the seller when shipped with EMS i believe. The company that shipped it, are now saying they will destroy it so im trying to find someone i can ship it to, and hope to try and send it to her a different way, perhaps SAL or surface or something, may have just been unlucky and the seller did something silly, but they wont try again and so i need to find someone local to ship to and ask them to try and send it to my wife. I'm sure she'll offer some form of payment for help, im asking the 3 communities i deal with in teh hope that someone in japan can help, i know they have been badly impacted by the quake, so its a bad time to ask aswell. Also to whoever helps we need the item shipped to Christchurch, New Zealand. As far as i know the item has been paid for and shipping already paid, but if there is extra cost to reship she would need to use paypal to pay whoever helps.

Thanks alot..
    Currently Looking For :
    Magical Chase TG16 Manual
    TG16 Order of the Griffon Complete Mint
    TG16 Chew Man Fu Complete Mint
    PAL Dreamcast Samba De Amigo - Box
    Dragon Warrior 2 - Mint Box, Dragon Warrior 1 - 4 Mint Maps, Dragon Quest Guide Books

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Right, if I were you I'd contact GaijinPunch over at http://shmups.system11.org/index.php

He'll probably do it if you pay for shipping to him and to you. Might ask a small commission fee though.

Wish I had thought of him sooner. Great guy to do stuff like this with. He's the one that I bought a JP DSi XL and a PSP and they got returned to him because they have batteries in them. Easily fixable though.

The earthquake thing is basically over, by the way. I've been recieving packages left and right lately.
    Last edited by Nico87; 04-26-2011 at 09:28 PM.