Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    ladyjaye75
    PSN
    ladyjaye75

Default Free American McGee's Alice download w/ purchase of Alice sequel

As mentioned on Wired, if you buy a new copy of Alice: Madness Returns for PS3 or Xbox 360, you'll get a voucher for a free download of American McGee's Alice for PC. If you buy the game used, the voucher will cost $10 (still cheaper than finding a retail copy of the original game).

I hope the sequel doesn't suck but at the same time I'm glad that this offer is out, since I wanted to replace my Mac copy of Alice with the PC version...

Source: Wired

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

... Uh, you don't get the PC version. You get the PC version ported to the 360 or PS3.

We PC players get shafted.

By the way, your Mac version of Alice is twice as valuable as the PC version.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Jaye View Post
    As mentioned on Wired, if you buy a new copy of Alice: Madness Returns for PS3 or Xbox 360, you'll get a voucher for a free download of American McGee's Alice for PC. If you buy the game used, the voucher will cost $10 (still cheaper than finding a retail copy of the original game).

I hope the sequel doesn't suck but at the same time I'm glad that this offer is out, since I wanted to replace my Mac copy of Alice with the PC version...

Source: Wired
    I heard this on another site as a rumor but I'm glad it's confirmed. I think more pc only games should be ported over to consoles so that more players can enjoy them(still waiting on Crysis 1 but thats never going to happen). I actually sold a complete copy of Alice a few months ago but I wished there was a console version. And now finally we will have one. Woot!
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P
    Quote Originally Posted by THE 1 2 P
    Why? Once you've seen one partially-exposed butthole you've seen them all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Satoshi_Matrix

Wow, American McGee's Alice ported to the PS3? The PS3 just keeps getting better. Thanks for this info!
    check out my classic gaming review site: http://satoshimatrix.wordpress.com/

Yo Joe! Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    ladyjaye75
    PSN
    ladyjaye75

Oh, that's interesting! Kitsune, thanks for the precision! Ok, so the deal isn't that great -- not only it's for PS3 and X360 only, but you absolutely have to get the sequel and put the disc in the tray, which means no download only copy of the game (via PSN and XBL).

And my Mac copy would be more valuable if it was still complete with retail box and all.
    Last edited by Lady Jaye; 04-21-2011 at 11:42 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Oh, that's interesting! Kitsune, thanks for the precision! Ok, so the deal isn't that great -- not only it's for PS3 and X360 only, but you absolutely have to get the sequel and put the disc in the tray, which means no download only copy of the game (via PSN and XBL).

And my Mac copy would be more valuable if it was still complete with retail box and all.
    I figure EA will release the game to everyone for $10 down the road. Didn't Activision do that with the Call of Duty games? And ID did the same with Doom (they were a bonus with Doom 3, I believe.)

And okay, your Mac version is only worth 1.5 times what a PC version is worth.
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

After rereading the article it says "locked content aside", so as you alluded to--the game is actually stored on the actual 360 or PS3 disc, kind of like what Take Two did with the first Bioshock 2 multiplayer DLC. So as long as you keep your Alice: Madness Returns disc(and are the original owner) then you should have no problems playing it.

Interestingly enough, this was a somewhat normal occurence last gen with original Xbox games. The Xbox version of Spy Hunter had the original arcade version of Spy Hunter included on the disc(unlockable by entering a secret code) and Ninja Gaiden had all three Nes titles included on the disc(unlocked by finding hidden scarabs). The main difference between last gen and this gen is that they now make you pay for stuff thats already included on your disc. One step forward and two steps back.
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

I don't think so... Sites are saying that you have to download the game. It's not on the disc.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm not sure why they won't allow this to be a stand alone download, or more to the point, why you need to have the disc inserted to play this if the actual game isn't stored on the disc. Unless this is another DRM thing.
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Seems like they're copying Capcom with prerelease unlock code bullshit. I can understand for utilizing online service but why are you going to fuck people over with an unlock code with content that's already on disc.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Lamer Gamer Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Geoffvdl
    PSN
    Geoffvdl

Quote Originally Posted by kupomogli View Post
    Seems like they're copying Capcom with prerelease unlock code bullshit. I can understand for utilizing online service but why are you going to fuck people over with an unlock code with content that's already on disc.
    EA did the same thing with Dead Space 2 and the HD port of Ignition.

I don't get the attitude over this, guys. It's a free bonus and a reward for buying the game new. If you're desperate to own the original and don't want the new one, I'll bet that it'll be available to download for fifteen bucks later down the line. It would make more sense to just have it on the disc, but maybe they had a reason. Space on the 360 DVD maybe, or even some kind of licensing thing.

Sucks about the PC version, though.

Sent from my Eris using Tapatalk
    Last edited by G-Boobie; 04-22-2011 at 07:22 PM.