Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Pac-Man (Level 10) Emperor Megas's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Smile My Easter Basket (2011)

Continuing in our tradition, I received another game themed Easter Basket this morning. This year it was a Super Mario theme again. I don't usually get repeat themes, but with the release of the 25th Anniversary Edition SMB Wii it was a welcome revisiting (I would have gotten an Anniversary Edition Wii for Christmas, but we didn't exchange gifts for Christmas last year). Shamefully, I just realized that she painted the basket metallic gold; that's pretty awesome. Big thanks to the other half!

I haven't gone through it completely yet, but from what I can see there's:

• 25th Anniversary Wii Console
    • Super Mario Bros. All-Stars for Wii
    • Little Goomba Beanie Hat
    • Power Up Mushroom Chain Wallet
    • Wii Console Shaped Gift Card Holder
    • Box of Assorted Jelly Belly Jelly Beans
    • Reese's Peanut Butter Eggs
    • Assorted Super Mario Bookmarks (?)
    • Super Mario Wrist bands
    • Bob-omb Candy Dispenser
    • Starman Mini Plushies
    • Wii 2000 Points Gift Card
    • 2 bags of Brach's Bridge Mix

My Baskets from previous years: 2010 HALO, 2009 Resident Evil, 2008 Zelda, 2007 Super Mario

I usually get my partner an Isabella Fiore purse for her Easter Basket, but this year we set a budget cap, so I got her a Pullip Doll ("Lolita" from 2010 -- she's wanted to start collecting, this will be her first), a Pullip Style Book and carry tote, some assorted candies, a Dove chocolate faerie bunny, and a few lottery scratch offs.

Her basket this year has a flower theme. I also wired it with LEDs for dramatic effect, which was a first:

Her baskets from previous years: 2010 Birds, 2009 Butterflies

We also gave my mother-in-law a basket this year (there's a few boxes of Tasty Kakes in there, since she's originally from Philly):

We have family in town, so I'm going to cook breakfast for everyone in a bit, then we're going to cook out later today (veggie burgers, FTW!). If/However you all celebrate, I hope you all have a Happy Easter.

Did anyone else give or receive games for the holiday, BTW? A few mentioned last year that they might.

EDIT: I just realized that I'm posting this is in the Classic Gaming forum -- probably because the last thread about Easter Baskets was. I did get a copy of Mario All-Stars, which is classic, and the 25th anniversary Wiis are a throwback, if that counts. :^p Feel free to move it if it's inappropriate.
    Last edited by Emperor Megas; 04-24-2011 at 06:00 PM.