Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    megasdkirby
    PSN
    megasdkirby

Quote Originally Posted by Leo_A View Post
    And if the touch screen filled the entire face of a Wiimote, where do you propose that things like buttons, a d-pad, and dual analog joysticks be placed?

Not to mention the extremely odd aspect ratio that such a setup would have. A long thin screen wouldn't be of much use to anyone. What would you use it for?
    As the iPad, iPod Touch, and the link, on the touch screen itself. The screen itself is the controller.

I hate these type of controls (I've yet to gotten used to the iPad itself), but depending on the game, the controller can change depending on programming used. Like those on Apple products.

Weird? Yes. And I hope it's not this per se.
    Proud owner of a Neo 25 Neo Geo Candy Cab!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

That picture is fake. There's a hundred of these so called pictures being shared around the internet.

That said, it may be quite close to what the controller turns out to be but it's definitely not the official thing.

Now Nintendo have kicked off the 8th generation, will Microsoft/Sony be pressured to release their next console?
    I reject your reality and substitute it for one of my own!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    megasdkirby
    PSN
    megasdkirby

Quote Originally Posted by Swamperon View Post
    Now Nintendo have kicked off the 8th generation, will Microsoft/Sony be pressured to release their next console?
    I surely hope not.

The PS3 and Xbox 360 are great as it is. There is no need to actually release another console at the moment.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by megasdkirby View Post
    I surely hope not.

The PS3 and Xbox 360 are great as it is. There is no need to actually release another console at the moment.
    I'd agree but... the 360 is getting to be 7 years old now, and neither will want to let Nintendo have too big a start I'd have thought. I can't imagine we'll be seeing the PS4 any time soon but I guess we'll have the 720 in 2013 at the latest.
    I reject your reality and substitute it for one of my own!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

The same rumors that mention a 6" touch screen mention things like dual analog sticks.

So I don't see how you can believe that we're going to get something in the shape of the current Wiimote with a touch screen plastered across the face. Why run with that rumor in such a odd way yet ignore the other information?

And even if we're talking about a controller without any traditional inputs (Which I highly doubt, especially when Nintendo just brought a traditional analog stick to their new handheld for the first time), the shape you're proposing would be much too strange to be of much use.

About all such a thing could accomplish would be to serve as a virtual d-pad/stick and buttons. And such things just don't work very well in practice (Not to mention that it's an awfully expensive way to replace a superior method of control).

Bet it doesn't happen (And there's certainly no rumor that suggest it will).

Quote Originally Posted by Swamperon View Post
    I'd agree but... the 360 is getting to be 7 years old now
    The Xbox 360 is approximately 5 and a half years old. It won't have been on the market for 7 years until November of 2012. So it has some time yet before it's that old.

If we get this in 2012, I bet we'll see the Xbox 720 in 2013.
    Last edited by Leo_A; 04-25-2011 at 12:52 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    The Shamemaker
    PSN
    heybtbm
    Steam
    The_Shamemaker

Last week it was reported Sony and Microsoft weren't going to release their new consoles until 2014 at the earliest. This was from both companies. However, they did reserve the right to launch in 2013 if their competition was leaping ahead. I'm assuming they meant Nintendo.
    "One of the ways I gauge a DS game is by recharges. "...Tycho (Penny Arcade)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by heybtbm View Post
    Last week it was reported Sony and Microsoft weren't going to release their new consoles until 2014 at the earliest. This was from both companies. However, they did reserve the right to launch in 2013 if their competition was leaping ahead. I'm assuming they meant Nintendo.
    I never saw such statements from Sony and Microsoft about timetables for their next generation consoles.

Sounds like additional rumors to me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    The Shamemaker
    PSN
    heybtbm
    Steam
    The_Shamemaker

Quote Originally Posted by Leo_A View Post
    I never saw such statements from Sony and Microsoft about timetables for their next generation consoles.

Sounds like additional rumors to me.
    It was in an interview with Kotaku. I'm on my phone so I can't copy/paste the link. Just search Google for "kotaku 2014". That brings up a million articles about it.
    "One of the ways I gauge a DS game is by recharges. "...Tycho (Penny Arcade)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Thanks, found it with ease.

http://kotaku.com/#!5794000/microsof...o-in-the-clear

It certainly belongs in the rumor category though (Not that you said it wasn't), so that's worth keeping in mind.

I'm no expert, but I'm still inclined to think we'll see the Xbox 720 in 2013. The timing of a 2013 release just seems to feel right, I think. Not about to venture a guess about the Playstation 3 beyond betting it will be the last of the three to be replaced.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

ServBot (Level 11) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    Psygnosis8
    PSN
    Psygnosis8
    Steam
    Psygnosis8

If they release skyward sword for it, ill bite.

I sold my wii last year. I kind of regret doing that, buuuuut not that much. If this console has graphics comparable to the current competitors (and in hd) it will probably turn out awesome. I think this is critical because, as others have mentioned, the "casual" consumers who bought a wii on a lark will probably not stock around for the next generation.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    megasdkirby
    PSN
    megasdkirby

If the new console is backward compatible with Wii and GameCube, and the price is right, then I may pick it up and give my Wii to my brother.

Just hope the successor is capable of being soft modded with something similar like the Homebrew Channel.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It seems really weird that they would make a big show at this E3 and have it in playable form, and then have this finished hardware that they just sit on for over a year. At E3 2005, we only saw PS3 and "Revolution" in the form of a very limited teaser; neither was playable and neither showed its final controller. Xbox 360 was not mentioned at all at E3 2004.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Icarus Moonsight View Post
    As the successor is not being factored into this year's financial forecast. 2011 release speculation is a dead rumor walking now.

I find it strange that the system is going to not only be playable, but playable to the general attendees at large. Also, 3rd party and first party software will be shown in playable form. Why show all this so early?

Is it possible that Nintendo could have left that out of their financials, for fear that it would ruin the surprise factor with an announcement at e3? I'm thinking they could legally get away with it, just saying that at the exact time of the financials, it was thought that the system would be held back for 2012, but just prior to their e3 press conference they change their minds?

I can't think of another e3 in which a system was shown in playable form, playable not just behind closed doors to the elite gaming press, but playable to any Joe Schmo that goes to e3. Not just one tech demo, but actual games from 3rd parties and Nintendo? This would definitely be a first, in terms of showing this much of the goods without launching the thing the same calendar year.

Quote Originally Posted by j_factor View Post
    It seems really weird that they would make a big show at this E3 and have it in playable form, and then have this finished hardware that they just sit on for over a year. At E3 2005, we only saw PS3 and "Revolution" in the form of a very limited teaser; neither was playable and neither showed its final controller. Xbox 360 was not mentioned at all at E3 2004.
    ha ha... didn't see your post. That's funny, we were thinking the exact same thing. It does seem really weird.. I'm glad I'm not the only one scratching my head.
    Last edited by WCP; 04-25-2011 at 11:18 PM.

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Wii2 with one controller? $399. Wii2 stand alone controller? $150. Finding out it's not backwards compatible with prior systems once you bought it? Priceless. There are some things money can't buy. For everything else, there's MasterCard.

I will pick this up if it's backwards compatible, but it just doesn't look like it with the complete new remote control. Sure Nintendo allows the Gamecube controllers to work on the Wii, but with the new controller is this system going to even be a motion gaming system anymore? I don't think Nintendo wants to pour money by adding multiple ports on the system for both the Wii and the Gamecube.
    Last edited by kupomogli; 04-26-2011 at 12:24 AM.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    swlovinist

I think that Nintendo will launch this for the Holiday of 2011. I know that they have stated differently, but look at it this way. Announcing the system for this year early would mean that they would stop selling alot of Wiis. Showcasing the system at E3 and building excitement for the system can only intensify the demand for this thing when they announce it for the holidays at a later date.

Announcing it this year would be key. The competition will have an average at best lineup to go against the system this year. The longer they wait, the less of an edge they have. If the system is priced right(under $299) this system could really be a nice bridge between hardcore and casual market.

I hope:
    They actually now have an real game system to offer online gaming
    Can I have a real controller?
    I want another pack in game please
    Would you like to know more about collecting video games? Check out my extensive Youtube channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/swlovinist

Lamer Gamer Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Geoffvdl
    PSN
    Geoffvdl

Quote Originally Posted by kupomogli View Post
    Wii2 with one controller? $399. Wii2 stand alone controller? $150. Finding out it's not backwards compatible with prior systems once you bought it? Priceless. There are some things money can't buy. For everything else, there's MasterCard.
    Way to become the personification of retarded internet forum posters for one shining paragraph. We don't know anything about this thing except it actually exists and isn't 3D. Maybe we should wait for some FACTS before laying out that kind of invective.

EDIT: I see you came to the same conclusion all by yourself. Good job!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    GarrettCRW
    PSN
    GarrettCRW

Quote Originally Posted by kupomogli View Post
    Wii2 with one controller? $399. Wii2 stand alone controller? $150. Finding out it's not backwards compatible with prior systems once you bought it? Priceless.
    No, priceless is an online network that, you know, works.
    Webmaster of the Cartoon Review Website!
    http://www.cartoonreviewsite.com

My sale thread

I can has MOAR DS? Custom rank graphic
    Bay Area, Ca | 2125 miles from Chicagoland
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    PapaStu

Quote Originally Posted by GarrettCRW View Post
    No, priceless is an online network that, you know, works.
    But it does work.... all be it with multiple friends codes. All that means is that as of right now the Wii online experience is a smoother one than the PSN online experience.
    Because it makes no attempt to be great, it is therefore extremely great.
    Some of My Game Collection
    Mah Mac n' Cheese Blog

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Ace_McCannon

Now we wait and speculate. I hope this new system gets a noticeable update in the graphics department and we get a non motion controller. I love Nintendo and there are a decent amount of good games on the Wii, but I'd love for the next Nintendo console to be marketed a little more towards serious gamers. Just my two cents.