Thread: PSN Information has been compromised

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Young_Machete

Quote Originally Posted by retroguy View Post
    The fallout from all this is going to be enormous. I predict that within ten years, Sony will exit the video game business and probably be a laughing stock when they go. Between lost sales (who in their right mind would buy a PS3 now?) and lost money from lawsuits, they may not be able to afford to develop Playstation 4 without going so far into the red that they'll never make that money back. Nintendo will continue to sell well among families and Xbox will continue to sell among "harcore" gamers who think Nintendo is stupid. If there is another Playstation, it will probably be a distant third and be quickly forgotten. Just my two cents.
    Uhh.....what you say?

Breaking Bad 3x02 - Caballo Sin Nombre

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Not a very impressive gift to their loyal PSN users. A free month of a service where the content you get is going to be stripped away from you once that month concludes.

Was hoping to at least be able to pick a free game from a selection of games.

Don't do it...or,do. (shrugs) Custom rank graphic
    On permanent vacation from this bullshit.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FlyingBurrito76
    PSN
    FlyingBurrito76

Quote Originally Posted by Leo_A View Post
    Not a very impressive gift to their loyal PSN users. A free month of a service where the content you get is going to be stripped away from you once that month concludes.

Was hoping to at least be able to pick a free game from a selection of games.
    They've reported that a free game is in the works, but it'll vary between region, so no announcement yet on what game per what region.
    Last edited by Frankie_Says_Relax; 05-05-2011 at 08:42 AM.
    "And the book says: 'We may be through with the past, but the past ain't through with us.'"

ServBot (Level 11) TonyTheTiger's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Frankie_Says_Relax View Post
    They've reported that a free game is in the works, but it'll vary between region, so no announcement yet on what game per what region.
    I'm taking bets. In a Kentucky Derby kind of mood.
    Last edited by TonyTheTiger; 05-05-2011 at 09:06 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Double Post

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

When you're living in your parents basement I guess it's pretty easy to have a vendetta against a company. CNET posted a rumour that they state they're going to hack the PSN again as soon as it goes back online.

I hope they're tracked while they're in the system. This isn't affecting just Sony but everyone who wants to but can't use PSN. Not like they can get all our information again when they already have it.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-31021_3-20....html?ttag=fbw
    Last edited by kupomogli; 05-06-2011 at 08:54 PM.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Frankie_Says_Relax View Post
    All I've seen from Sony's North American division is a free month of PSN and some free entertainment downloads that are yet to be announced (With that wording, it could just as easily be videos). Have they came out and said that PS3 and PSP owners will be getting some free games? They don't say so in the link you posted. Oh and a free year of identity protection for your PSN account (I guess afterwards, you have to pay to have your private information protected in your account).

Europeans on the other hand sound like they're going to get a pretty nice gift to thank them for their patience.

"Also, look out for more information on the rest of our Welcome Back programme, including which free content you will be eligible for. We will be offering PSN users the opportunity to select two PS3 games from a list of five, as well as offering PSP users the opportunity to choose two games from a list of four. We will let you know exactly what games are available very soon."

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2011/...tion-offering/

I haven't seen anything from their North American division promising free games.
    Last edited by Leo_A; 05-06-2011 at 09:35 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Vlcice

Yes, they did: http://www.shacknews.com/article/682...n-welcome-back

They announced a "Welcome Back" program for all regions, with details on free content to differ per region. Europe just announced something first, even though they didn't list the games yet.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

It actually says "Selected PlayStation entertainment content for free download; differs by region, details to be shared soon". That they've confirmed we're going to be getting something, I didn't contest. It says so in the link Frankie posted earlier.

What I'm saying is there is no guarantee that our "selected Playstation entertainment content" in North America is going to be a game or games. It seems as if only Sony Europe has done that so far with what appears to be a very generous offer (Assuming it's not just junk to select from).

They could just be intending to do something with video downloads over here.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    GarrettCRW
    PSN
    GarrettCRW

Up this week?

Nope.

Their "Welcome Back" program had better taken into account people who subscribe to, say, MLB.tv, because I'm really fucking sick of watching Sox games on my computer instead of my TV as I had planned.
    Webmaster of the Cartoon Review Website!
    http://www.cartoonreviewsite.com

My sale thread

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Connect you PC to your TV and be happy again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    GarrettCRW
    PSN
    GarrettCRW

I'm not paying good money for *another* cable.
    Webmaster of the Cartoon Review Website!
    http://www.cartoonreviewsite.com

My sale thread

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by GarrettCRW View Post
    watching Sox games
    Well there's your problem right there.

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Garrett. I'm not sure if this will work, but how Netflix is if you open it and it fails due to being down for maintenance it will still allow you to log in? Load up MLB.tv and then log in a few times while it's loading up and maybe like Netflix it will allow you to use it?
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Don't do it...or,do. (shrugs) Custom rank graphic
    On permanent vacation from this bullshit.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FlyingBurrito76
    PSN
    FlyingBurrito76

Quote Originally Posted by Leo_A View Post
    All I've seen from Sony's North American division is a free month of PSN and some free entertainment downloads that are yet to be announced (With that wording, it could just as easily be videos). Have they came out and said that PS3 and PSP owners will be getting some free games? They don't say so in the link you posted. Oh and a free year of identity protection for your PSN account (I guess afterwards, you have to pay to have your private information protected in your account).

Europeans on the other hand sound like they're going to get a pretty nice gift to thank them for their patience.

"Also, look out for more information on the rest of our Welcome Back programme, including which free content you will be eligible for. We will be offering PSN users the opportunity to select two PS3 games from a list of five, as well as offering PSP users the opportunity to choose two games from a list of four. We will let you know exactly what games are available very soon."

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2011/...tion-offering/

I haven't seen anything from their North American division promising free games.
    "Each territory will be offering selected PlayStation entertainment content for free download. Specific details of this content will be announced in each region soon."

Since there isn't much that varies between regions on the PSN I'm going to say with great confidence that a game will be included in said "entertainment content". It could be a game + a dynamic theme, or a game and a movie, or a game a movie and an MP3 version of the theme to Welcome Back Kotter.

Time will tell.
    "And the book says: 'We may be through with the past, but the past ain't through with us.'"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by retroguy View Post
    The fallout from all this is going to be enormous. I predict that within ten years, Sony will exit the video game business and probably be a laughing stock when they go. Between lost sales (who in their right mind would buy a PS3 now?) and lost money from lawsuits, they may not be able to afford to develop Playstation 4 without going so far into the red that they'll never make that money back. Nintendo will continue to sell well among families and Xbox will continue to sell among "harcore" gamers who think Nintendo is stupid. If there is another Playstation, it will probably be a distant third and be quickly forgotten. Just my two cents.

And this is why I keep coming back to DP, so many video game experts giving such great unbiased opinions....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I just want the theme to Welcome Back Kotter. That will make everything OK.

Even better if the theme uses the PC Speaker, and is coded in ROM BASICA.

"A 'Radical Centrist' ??? Isn't that like being a Take-No-Prisoners Pussy? " - Stephen Colbert
    My Resume
    My Blog