Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Guardian Heroes: Xbox 360

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cryomancer View Post
    Why is it so many of these remakes / new sequels to old popular games get covered in "dark paint"? The main difference I see between classic and new is the new one has decided to turn down the brightness.
    The xbox has noticeably darker colors especially when you compare it side-by-side with a similar PS3 game at default settings. The unfiltered footage shown above looks exactly how it is in my Saturn so I don't see the difference. The filtered version is much darker by comparison.

I don't see how anyone can be underwhelmed by this. It's Guardian Heroes, the unfiltered version looks great at the high resolution with the health bars not taking up a 1/4 of the screen, and 12 player co-op, Jesus Christ.

Pac-Man (Level 10) Blitzwing256's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    blitzwing256
    PSN
    blitzwing256

Quote Originally Posted by soloman View Post
    The xbox has noticeably darker colors especially when you compare it side-by-side with a similar PS3 game at default settings. The unfiltered footage shown above looks exactly how it is in my Saturn so I don't see the difference. The filtered version is much darker by comparison.

I don't see how anyone can be underwhelmed by this. It's Guardian Heroes, the unfiltered version looks great at the high resolution with the health bars not taking up a 1/4 of the screen, and 12 player co-op, Jesus Christ.
    you can give someone a free plate of thier favorate cookies on the internet, and they'll still complain if theres one less sprinkle on that one cookie in the back.

I'm definately picking this up on day one, gh was the single reason i bought a saturn back in the day (and consequently the only us released game I ever liked on the saturn, such a piece of shit system) i'd love to see them add new levels or playable charecters in the 1p mode...but being able to play the game again without (as much) worry of the shitty saturn's save system deleting itself and not even having to ever setup the pos system ever again? totaly worth the 10-20$ download price to me.

Lightgunner Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Cryomancer

Yeah don't get me wrong, I'm very interested in this and it sounds mostly cool, I just don't see why it looks so damn dark.

The Gentleman Thief Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    PSN
    BalooDP
    Steam
    baloorj

I'll be honest, after what they did to NiGHTS: Journey of Dreams I do NOT want to see them re-make Burning Rangers. That's another one of my all-time favorites and I've got to say I really loved it the way it was, remaking it just wouldn't work. They won't be able to capture that same feel IMO. I thought it was a really, really fun game, even if you didn't have two analog sticks or it was too short or it was easy to get lost or some of the other complaints about it.

That's one title I'd like to see left alone honestly.