Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: LA Noire

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by portnoyd View Post
    My PS3 has not frozen for me on this game.
    Is it a 60GB? If so. What model? I'm still on edge about whether I want to play this game or not, or return it and wait for it to hit a price drop and then hopefully by that time it's patched. It's just odd that thousands of people on both the PS3 and 360 are complaining about freezing and overheating, though with PS3 it's supposedly just the fat models.

http://support.rockstargames.com/ent...g-in-l-a-noire
    Last edited by kupomogli; 05-24-2011 at 05:44 AM.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    achika
    PSN
    portnoyd

Quote Originally Posted by kupomogli View Post
    Is it a 60GB? If so. What model?
    It's a higher capacity launch system with PS2 capabilities. Don't remember is that's 60 or 80.

Just hit the vice desk. The end of homicide was very nice but a little high on the plot hole side. Game's still excellent.

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm still working homicide. I REALLY liked the last case. I won't say which case, but it worked the multiple suspects angle, and you have to choose which guy gets charged. The game was starting to feel almost too linear up to that point... go here, find evidence, go there, bust suspect. Now that there can be multiple suspects, I think the cases have potential to get much more interesting.

Also, I've enjoyed all of the different actors in this. I've even recognized some of the faces of random people walking the street or in bars. Makes it feel that much more like a movie or TV show.
    -Dobie
    NES, SNES, & Gameboy Collector

Ryu Hayabusa (Level 16) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Oobgarm
    PSN
    Oobgarm
    Steam
    Oobgarm

Quote Originally Posted by portnoyd View Post
    It's a higher capacity launch system with PS2 capabilities. Don't remember is that's 60 or 80.
    That would be a 60GB, sir.
    RIP bargora, you will be greatly missed.That is how we do things on Giedion Prime.

Insert Coin (Level 0) calistarwind's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Finished this game today! I really enjoyed my time with it and am going back to complete some of the extras I missed. I would like to go back and complete all the cases perfect.

Insert Coin (Level 0) phantomfriar's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have a total love/hate affair with this game going on. The motion-cap acting IS terrific; the game play though, for me, became so mind-numbingly repetitive that at times during the homicide cases I completely forgot what was going on and got one case confused with the prior one because it was so similar. Investigate a crime scene/drive around/apprehend a fleeing suspect on floot/by car, rinse repeat. The side missions felt like an afterthought and the whole "open world" aspect just didn't pan out. Clearly a lot of work went into the game but the mechanics of it are so transparent and redundant that, ultimately, I think as time passes people will look back on it as a real missed opportunity.

Pretzel (Level 4) LaughingMAN.S9's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    MILKnoCrackerz
    PSN
    ElPrivon

finished last night, good game overall, but truthfully im a little let down.

the game started to feel ridiculously repetive once i began homocide, its like every single person u meet from that moment on breaks out into a chase, then investigating like 70 dead women, chasing down more suspects, rinse and repeat ad infinitum

i might also be alone on this, but i felt they (rockstar) really broke their backs recreating such a huge city for basically no reason, bragging rights if anything, theres really nothing to do outside of the story missions, like i found no real reason or incentive to explore, also most story missions are something within an 8 block radius of its respective police station so again it feels like just a huge waste of a city

ending was kind of anticlimatic as well, but these arent really game breaking knocks against it, i'd still give the game a good 8.5, the things it does right are done REALLY well, facial animations bordered on the uncanny valley, lol so real its creepy
    "Kidnap the presidents wife without a plan..."

Ryu Hayabusa (Level 16) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Oobgarm
    PSN
    Oobgarm
    Steam
    Oobgarm

Finally got to the end of this one last night. I've been breaking up the storyline with some exploring and whatnot, so I've not gotten bit by the "repetition" bug.

But man, the end of this game was easily the most disappointing ending I think I've ever seen. It feels like there are a lot of loose ends that are left.

Time to go back and finish out the achievements and wait for the new DLC.

Overall, game gets a 8.5/10.
    RIP bargora, you will be greatly missed.That is how we do things on Giedion Prime.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    achika
    PSN
    portnoyd

I finished it as well this past weekend. It was a great experience but yeah, the end wasn't perfect. It was not a surprise how it ended but still a little disappointing. 9/10

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kupomogli View Post
    I bought LA Noire today from Kmart. The Kmart deal is the best because there was an addition that no one else listed.

On the Kmart deal you get a $20 game free and the $20 gaming credit on next game purchase like everyone has already listed, however, you also get $10 off $60. So technically, LA Noire for $12.99(I paid $52.99 after tax.)

Maybe the $10 off $60 was just my store, or probably because to get the free game you needed to sign up for the rewards membership so I did that at the time. I don't know. But I got LA Noire for cheap. I probably should have purchased a second copy to sell LA Noire and the extra game on Ebay and still have the $20 gaming credit.
    Yeah, the K-Mart deal was the reason why I bought it in the first place. I got White Knight Chronicles for PS3 for free that day and then went back and used the $20 credit towards a few clearance DS games. Perhaps I should have bought the PS3 version of Noire, but I'm more apt to plug in the 360, which is why I got the 360 version. I didn't know there was an exclusive case on the PS3 version at the time, though.
    Currently catching up on PSN, WiiWare, Wii U E-Shop and Xbox Live Arcade exclusives I missed.

Great Puma (Level 12) Chainsaw_Charlie's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It froze on my 160 GB Xbox 360
    My rotating want list http://www.digitpress.com/forum/showthread.php?t=101550

Your television doesn't care how angry you are with it. Turn it off and find something better to do with your time.-Beserker