Thread: PS2-The last days, the last nights

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default PS2-The last days, the last nights

It looks like history will be repeating itself on the PS2. Madden 12 and now FIFA 12 are on the release roster for the venerable PS2.

http://www.gamestop.com/browse/playstation-2?nav=138b-5

Mark your calender because 11/8/11 is the final curtain call. And I don't want to here any "the system died long ago" crap.

Cheers.

Leo A - You misquoted me and you're missing the point. These ARE the last days of the PS2, whether you accept it or not. Work on your reading comprehension please.
    Last edited by Doonzmore; 05-08-2015 at 09:56 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Doonzmore View Post
    It looks like history will be repeating itself on the PS2. Madden 12 and now FIFA 12 are on the release roster for the venerable PS2.

http://www.gamestop.com/browse/playstation-2?nav=138b-5

Mark your calender because September 30th is the final curtain call. And I don't want to here any "the system died long ago" crap.

Cheers.
    It remains to be seen if this is indeed the end since they haven't announced anything of the sort. The Wii, PSP, and 3DS are all slated for entries in the Madden series (And it's believed that the FIFA series will also be making an appearance on all of them) and I presume all will be based on the same build as the PS2 game. It isn't inconceivable that we continue for another year or two as long as the PS2 build continues to turn a profit for these series.

It wouldn't surprise me to see EA Sports releases continue a year or two past the date PS2 hardware manufacturing has concluded, which hasn't even happened yet although plenty of people have been predicting it's demise as imminent for several years now.

Quote Originally Posted by Doonzmore View Post
    You misquoted me and you're missing the point. These ARE the last days of the PS2, whether you accept it or not. Work on your reading comprehension please.
    Quoted your exact post, Sherlock.

I can play the edit after several years have gone by game, too. Nobody contested that these weren't the last days of the PS2. What was contested was that these two games will mark the very end, as you proclaimed they would. History proved me right, with over a half dozen North American releases over the following two years after this "final curtain call" of yours.

While this was the last Madden release, FIFA got two more entries after this finale of yours. And not only that, but the final game wasn't even an EA Sports release.

Polish your crystal ball, since it's as useless in its current state as you are.
    Last edited by Leo_A; 03-18-2018 at 06:11 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Satoshi_Matrix

I can't wait until the PS2 is considered retro enough to have a sizable homebrew following. That would be awesome.
    check out my classic gaming review site: http://satoshimatrix.wordpress.com/