Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How to get rid of roaches in an Xbox 360/Wii?

Semi Noob Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Geezuzkane
    PSN
    Geezuzkhrist119
    Steam
    Geezuzkane

Quote Originally Posted by CDiablo View Post
    I've dealt with this before your best bet would be to put a more costly system next to these systems. If you put say; a Neo Geo, Turbo Duo, Pippen or a LE system(eg Panzer Dragoon XBOX) or the like next to the Wii or 360, the roaches will naturally move to the more expensive(some are also attracted to the vintage interior) system. Thats what worked for me at least.
    Build the roaches a city of game consoles.
    Twitter - GEEZUZKANE
    Nintendo: NESx3, SNES, N64x2, NGCx2, WIIx2, GB, GBP, GBCx2, GBASPx2, NDSLx2,
    Sega: SMS, GENx3, SATx2, DCx3
    Sony: PS1, PS1 moddedx2, PS1 Jap, PS1 Slim, PS2x2, PS2 Slim, PSP Go, PS3 Fat, PS3 Slim
    Others: XBOXx2, XBOX w/ hard mod, XBOX w/xbmc and 80gb HDD, X360, X360 Slim MW3 Edition, TG16, INTV, COLV, 2600 JR-broken, Wonderswanx2

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Someone asked how I couldn't notice this before i bought it. Well, the thing is, they look FANTASTIC. They are super clean and look like new, that's what's unusual. There isn't bugs crawling out of it or anything, and I don't typically smell the systems I purchase beforehand. Of course if I had I would have noticed the roach smell.

Upon further investigation, the Wii seems pretty clean, it has a very faint odor but after leaving it outside for a few days it's nearly gone. There aren't any living bugs inside of that one from what I can tell.

The 360 on the other hand, no matter how much I shake it, bug bits still fall out and I can still see a bug here or there living inside of it. I've since wrapped it and it's power brick up in bubble wrap, super-taped the hell out of it, and put it in a trash bag and super-taped the hell out of that. I wish I had a large ziplock bag but I don't. I live in an apartment so I can't go into my backyard and clean it or anything, so now I have the choice of cleaning it myself, finding someone to clean it for me (which is preferred), or trashing it. I'm NOT putting it in my freezer. I'm sorry, but to me, that just seems insanely disgusting.

So here's the bad news, which I hope is just a coincidence. I seen a bug in my apartment today similar to the one inside that system. My apartment complex offers free extermination visits so I'm going to schedule one tomorrow. I've been having dreams of finding roaches in my house lately, and any time my cat goes after something I jump up expecting to find one of those nasty fuckers. I have a bug phobia.

Strawberry (Level 2) pixelsnpolygons's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cmosfm View Post
    So here's the bad news, which I hope is just a coincidence. I seen a bug in my apartment today similar to the one inside that system.
    It would be funny if a similar incident is what caused the infestation in the home/apartment of the guy who sold you those systems. He purchased a seemingly unsuspecting, but in fact infested GameCube for example which in turn spread throughout his home, eventually making its way into his newer systems - the Wii and 360 you purchased. Maybe some roach family has been hopping from apartment to apartment since the '70s, hitching a ride on the Console Express.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

ah this is the same issue my brother is going to through. Infact our backyard is full of pests like roaches, ants, cockroaches.
    Last edited by Mayhem; 09-24-2015 at 05:09 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cmosfm View Post
    So here's the bad news, which I hope is just a coincidence. I seen a bug in my apartment today similar to the one inside that system. My apartment complex offers free extermination visits so I'm going to schedule one tomorrow. I've been having dreams of finding roaches in my house lately, and any time my cat goes after something I jump up expecting to find one of those nasty fuckers. I have a bug phobia.
    Two days later and console is still full of bugs!

Just break the seal and dump all the bugs in the trash outside! Its not like you have an option of a factory warranty.
    CRTGAMER Guides and Reviews
    Apple II+, APF MP1000, Atari 5200 7800, Vic20, TI994A, SX64, Educ64, 128D, Vectrex, N64, PS1, iMac CRT, Dreamcast, PS2, Gameboy Advance, Gamecube, GBA Player, PSP, Wii, PS3 Emotion chip, Samsung Impression, VHS, CED, Video 8, Pioneer Laser, DVD, Sony WEGA HDCRT

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    hawtxdawg360

Could have been worse...could have been bed bugs.

Seriously though, just take the console to a place where you won't have to worry about any strays coming back with you, say a park with a picnic table. Take with you a can of Raid or whatever bug killer you have handy and some canned air. Once you have it disassembled, blow the bugs out and put the individual pieces (case pieces and pcb) into a big enough Ziploc bag. Then you can take it home and throw the case pieces into the dishwasher, or failing that, a tub of soapy water and soak. The PCB can be cleaned with copious amounts of alcohol.
    Don't go away mad....just go away!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Ace_McCannon

Gross, I think I would cut my losses and dump the systems. Everyone's stories freak me out a bit. As far as bugs go, I don't envy anyone living in warmer environments. I know there are cockroaches up here in Washington, but they must be less common. I've never known anyone with a problem, unless they're in the city.

FPGA arm-based system Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts
    PSN
    bb_hood99

Quote Originally Posted by M.Buster2184 View Post
    As far as bugs go, I don't envy anyone living in warmer environments.
    Oh I totally agree. The one benefit of haveing to deal with New England winters is that the cold kills everything before it gets big.
    Roaches/Palmetto bugs are friggin gross. So glad I dont have to deal with that.

Ive never known anyone with problems with roaches... except Olive Garden
    Last edited by bb_hood; 10-02-2015 at 04:27 AM.

Great Puma (Level 12) Niku-Sama's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

my friend had roaches, and then we had to move in for a bit. cleaned the FUCK out of his place but they wouldn't go away.

couple weeks later after we moved out his neighbors got evicted, roaches went away.
    they come through work from time to time bitching about how it was unjust that they got evicted but I'm pretty sure the landlord was tired of getting roach calls.
    my friend is pretty messy but never really leaves food out. hes broke as fuck usually so no food to leave out situation it was so baffling for the longest time, that and the cat that would be inside the apartment at random. it wasn't his but it was a nice cat at least so that was kinda meh, pet the cat and what ever.

luckily nothing took up residence in any of our electronics, in fact the majority of the collection was in storage during these few months

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    PreZZ
    PSN
    PreZZ

Wow... I cant believe you would risk a roach infestation for what? A 80$ value 360? Just throw it away ffs and get your money back and/or punch the guy in the face. This is beyond stupid, and the fact that you dont want to void the warranty on old consoles probably already expired.to salvage them is stupider. Dont want to be rude, but man get your priorities straight...
    Last edited by PreZZ; 10-03-2015 at 12:26 PM.

59 6F 75 72 20 48 44 44 20 61 64 64 69 6E 67 20 65 6D 62 61 72 72 61 73 73 69 6E 67 20 64 61 74 61
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Y'all postin' in a zombie thread.
    Mario says "... if you do drugs, you go to hell before you die."