Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 3DS e-shop goes live June 6th

Don't do it...or,do. (shrugs) Custom rank graphic
    On permanent vacation from this bullshit.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FlyingBurrito76
    PSN
    FlyingBurrito76

Late to the party but I just updated my 3DS firmware.

Am I crazy or is the store completely and totally disorganized?

While it has all kinds of "categories" (Recently Released, Donkey Kong, High-Speed Racing, Staff Favorites, etc.) none of them seem to be focused and there doesn't seem to be any actual categories for games by developer, publisher, title, genre, etc.

Why it doesn't completely mirror the Wii Shop (games by title, games by system, games by publisher, etc.) is beyond me.

There seem to be Game & Watch games that you can't find anywhere but by searching for the term "Game & Watch".

Guh. I hope they fix this.

*EDIT* Well, after much poking around I see you can go to "Charts" and do a bit of focused sorting. But still, that's pretty buried in the whole scheme of the shop.
    Last edited by Frankie_Says_Relax; 06-30-2011 at 08:20 PM.
    "And the book says: 'We may be through with the past, but the past ain't through with us.'"

ServBot (Level 11) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    Psygnosis8
    PSN
    Psygnosis8
    Steam
    Psygnosis8

Yeah, it's a mess alright. For some readin Excitebike 3d seems to be in it's own category.

Also, the layout of the front page seems to change every month. Theyre arbitrarily changing the categories all the time.

But, at least you can download some cool games on there.

Now that oot 3d is out, I've gotta say I really like my 3ds, despite all it's issues. I think it's gonna do well when more quality, original titles hit the shelves.

Pretzel (Level 4) Orion Pimpdaddy's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Frankie_Says_Relax View Post
    Late to the party but I just updated my 3DS firmware.

Am I crazy or is the store completely and totally disorganized?

While it has all kinds of "categories" (Recently Released, Donkey Kong, High-Speed Racing, Staff Favorites, etc.) none of them seem to be focused and there doesn't seem to be any actual categories for games by developer, publisher, title, genre, etc.

Why it doesn't completely mirror the Wii Shop (games by title, games by system, games by publisher, etc.) is beyond me.

There seem to be Game & Watch games that you can't find anywhere but by searching for the term "Game & Watch".

Guh. I hope they fix this.

*EDIT* Well, after much poking around I see you can go to "Charts" and do a bit of focused sorting. But still, that's pretty buried in the whole scheme of the shop.
    My guess is that they figured out they can sell more downloads if they show a lot more at the top, instead of having things deeply buried. It looked like a mess to me at first, but I'm getting the hang of it.

Don't do it...or,do. (shrugs) Custom rank graphic
    On permanent vacation from this bullshit.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FlyingBurrito76
    PSN
    FlyingBurrito76

Quote Originally Posted by Orion Pimpdaddy View Post
    My guess is that they figured out they can sell more downloads if they show a lot more at the top, instead of having things deeply buried. It looked like a mess to me at first, but I'm getting the hang of it.
    Yeah, I'm getting there. I suppose I'm spoiled by most of the other more (and some more than others) organized virtual game shops (Wii, 360, PS3, PSP, iOS, etc.)
    "And the book says: 'We may be through with the past, but the past ain't through with us.'"

Pac-Man (Level 10) Rickstilwell1's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    PSN
    TheGameCollector

Quote Originally Posted by Graham Mitchell View Post
    The thing about some of the classic/black box variant NES games is that they're timeless. Well, a fair amount of them anyway (Urban Champion is an abortion.) I can play Ice Climber, Wrecking Crew, Balloon Fight and Mario Bros. til the cows come home. I'd gladly pay for a stable version of those games I could play anywhere.

And who knows? Maybe they'll actually finally release the Donkey Kong arcade rom on there. Doubtful, but maybe.

Anybody know if the virtual console on there will have GBA games? There's a ton of stuff from that era that I missed out on.
    They said that while Game Boy Advance on the 3DS is a possibility in the future, right now it is not a priority because they want to work on bringing back the Game Boy and Game Boy Color first. The games that are not as readily available anymore.

I didn't know anything about the Game Gear eventually having games on it. That would be really cool.
    [quote name='Shidou Mariya' date='Nov 17 2010, 10:05 PM' post='4889940']
    I'm a collector, but only to a certain extent.
    Not as extreme as Rickstilwell though.[/quote]

Pretzel (Level 4) Orion Pimpdaddy's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rickstilwell1 View Post

I didn't know anything about the Game Gear eventually having games on it. That would be really cool.
    The games announced are Columns, Dragon Crystal, Shinobi, Sonic: Drift, and Sonic the Hedgehog: Triple Trouble. It's supposed to happen before the end of summer. Nobody is sure whether these will be upgraded versions or direct ports.

It's nice that the older systems are getting a second life. Having Lynx games available would be the icing on the cake.