Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    MILKnoCrackerz
    PSN
    ElPrivon

Default Shadow of the Damned

i could have swore there was another thread on this but i cant find it

anyone else looking forward to this game? mikami, suda 51, akira yamoaka, even tho the trailer so far kinda sucks, i cant see these 3 letting me down, game is going to be amazing simply because it has to be
    "Kidnap the presidents wife without a plan..."

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Shooter number 9,746,431.3. I won't be getting it because I'm tired of playing shooter this, shooter that. Shooter, shooter, shooter, shooter, shooter, shooter. This gen is almost nothing but the genre because it's what sells.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Pretzel (Level 4) LaughingMAN.S9's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    MILKnoCrackerz
    PSN
    ElPrivon

under any other circumstances i would agree, except for one major caveat.....SUDA 51

the king of mindfuck, lol that alone is worth my attention, gameplaywise however, i have no choice but to agree, shit actually looks kind of boring, lol the irony of me buying a shooter for its story and not the actual shooting
    Last edited by LaughingMAN.S9; 05-31-2011 at 01:46 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    megasdkirby
    PSN
    megasdkirby

Quote Originally Posted by kupomogli View Post
    Shooter number 9,746,431.3. I won't be getting it because I'm tired of playing shooter this, shooter that. Shooter, shooter, shooter, shooter, shooter, shooter. This gen is almost nothing but the genre because it's what sells.
    So very true, though at least the game isn't a first person shooter...technically. Those are the games that, in my opinion, are infesting console gaming. From that way things are going, there could be a "Modern Warfare 666: Now with a brand new penis weapon and purple color, but same old recycled crap!!!" and people will still go apeshit over it.

But regarding the game in question, the premise does seem interesting. It reminded me of Dante's Inferno somewhat. May be something to pick up at the bargain bin.
    Proud owner of a Neo 25 Neo Geo Candy Cab!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Young_Machete

I'm very interested in this, since having Suda51, Shinji Mikami and Akira Yamaoka together as one is just pure win.

Breaking Bad 3x02 - Caballo Sin Nombre

Pac-Man (Level 10) Emperor Megas's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kupomogli View Post
    I was going to argue something to the contrary, then I saw megasdkirby's comment that 'at least it isn't a FPS' (which I admit, I assumed the game you were talking about was initially), and I looked at my shelf of modern games, and I have to say, there really are a LOT of shooter-centric games this generation. Even the biggest names in my beloved horror genre has gone full-on shooter (RE5, Dead Space 1,2). Still, I don't think there's a lack of games from other genres to chose from this generation.

It's sort of like sports games. There are TONS of them, but I don't play them (any of them), so I'd never complain about how superfluous they are. There's still a large selection of other genres represented with far more games than I'd ever have time to play all of.

I don't know who Suda51 was (or didn't, I wiki'ed him), but I'm a pretty huge fan of the others' projects, so thanks for putting this title on my radar.
    Last edited by Emperor Megas; 05-31-2011 at 01:17 PM.

Insert Coin (Level 0) dommeatball's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    dommeatball

Two of my favorites developers getting together (Mikami, Suda) makes this game an instant purchase.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Young_Machete

Well I picked this up today after finding out it was released Tuesday, could have sworn it was going to be released later in the year. Thankfully I didn't use the $50 Best Buy gift card I had on Alice: Return to Madness like I was going to, I knew there was a reason I didn't want to in the back of my mind and now I know why.

Been playing it for a bit and it's pretty solid so far. The game Evil Dead-esque, from the story, to the overall humor, so it's very campy and it doesn't try to hide it. You can tell that Suda and Mikami really came together on this one, it has the craziness that Suda is known for and the very dark and detailed atmosphere that Mikami has been known for. Of course to top it all off, Akira Yamaoka once again proves that he's the best damn composer in the buisness.

The controls, while they do feel a little clunky at first, work perfectly so far, Although I do wish that Garcia did move a bit faster (you can dash, but only for a short time), I've yet to have any problems with the way he moves. The dodging makes up for it tho, I fought the first min-boss (I'm guessing) and had no problems getting away from him when I got cornered. The aiming and shooting is similar to Resident Evil, only you can actually move and dodge while aiming, so there's none of that "standing still while I'm about to get mauled" nonsense.

So for all of you Suda, Mikami and Akira Yamaoka fans out there, I highly suggest picking this game up.

Breaking Bad 3x02 - Caballo Sin Nombre

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    The Shamemaker
    PSN
    heybtbm
    Steam
    The_Shamemaker

Quote Originally Posted by dommeatball View Post
    Two of my favorites developers getting together (Mikami, Suda) makes this game an instant purchase.
    Same here.

@ the "gamers" claiming this could even possibly be considered mainstream, boring, or run of the mill. Run along little children. Have you even played a Suda 51 game before? Obviously not.
    "One of the ways I gauge a DS game is by recharges. "...Tycho (Penny Arcade)

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by heybtbm View Post
    boring
    Suda 51
    Killer 7 comes to mind.

Contact was a great game though, one of the best on the DS.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    MILKnoCrackerz
    PSN
    ElPrivon

i actually cancelled my reserve when i saw how crappy the amazon preorder bonus was, im just going to wait till the first or 2nd week of july to buy this at hopefully sub 50 dollars

Ryu Hayabusa (Level 16) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Oobgarm
    PSN
    Oobgarm
    Steam
    Oobgarm

You based your purchase on a preorder bonus? A game that you were excited for based on the team behind it?

This game is getting decent reviews, and it's on my list of things to buy when I get some money freed up.

Akira Yamaoka almost makes this an insta-buy for me, then I read about how campy and over-the-top it is, and was completely sold on it.
    RIP bargora, you will be greatly missed.That is how we do things on Giedion Prime.

Insert Coin (Level 0) calistarwind's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I too have been playing this game and enjoying it quite a bit. This game is like a crazy cross of Devil May Cry (action) Resident Evil (slight scares and campy) and the music is amazing. I have only found myself having slight difficulties with the controls here and there. For instance your health is recharged by drinking (sake) but the button to do that is a trigger button so when a battle gets a little crazy I sometimes accidently hit the health button instead. If your a Suda fan you should really check it out. This game at least in my part of town seems very limited in copies.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    MILKnoCrackerz
    PSN
    ElPrivon

Quote Originally Posted by Oobgarm View Post
    You based your purchase on a preorder bonus? A game that you were excited for based on the team behind it?

This game is getting decent reviews, and it's on my list of things to buy when I get some money freed up.

Akira Yamaoka almost makes this an insta-buy for me, then I read about how campy and over-the-top it is, and was completely sold on it.
    i base all day 1 purchases on preorder bonuses lol

only time i deviate is when its a game i absolutely positively HAVE to have on day 1 (usually shooters due to me not wanting to be at a disadvantage a week or 2 later when everyone else has memorized the maps & i end up getting raped nonstop until i catch up) or games where i've literally waited 4 years to get i.e, mgs4, fallout 3, gta4

i didnt say im not buying it, im just not buying it at full retail when i can just wait 2 weeks for the inevitable price drop or amazon 45 dollar 1 day special that i anticipate dropping any day now

Pac-Man (Level 10) Emperor Megas's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Oobgarm View Post
    You based your purchase on a preorder bonus?
    That's the ONLY good reason to preorder a game, AFAIC. Honesty, what's the point otherwise? You could just buy it when it releases without going through the added, pointless hassle of preordering.

A game that you were excited for based on the team behind it?
    Which won't change if he purchases it later, for cheaper. Actually, that's not true. Sometimes you get even more content for less when you wait to purchase a game.

Wait, you base what you buy on how much disposable income you have?

You see how that works?

Heck, if you didn't chump at the bit to purchase games early, you could afford to buy twice as many, at least.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    The Shamemaker
    PSN
    heybtbm
    Steam
    The_Shamemaker

I'm waiting too. Amazon will certainly have this sub-$50 in a week or two. That and I'm neck deep into Infamous 2.
    "One of the ways I gauge a DS game is by recharges. "...Tycho (Penny Arcade)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I became interested in this game from a write up I read in a magazine. It's another one I have on my radar but I'm not sure when I'm going to pull the buy trigger.
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P
    Quote Originally Posted by THE 1 2 P
    Why? Once you've seen one partially-exposed butthole you've seen them all.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

The soundtrack in this game is killer and by far the best aspect of the game. Definately worth my 60 bucks. Akira Yamaoka is second to none imo. Silent Hill just won't be the same without him.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    MILKnoCrackerz
    PSN
    ElPrivon

Quote Originally Posted by Colorado Rockies View Post
    The soundtrack in this game is killer and by far the best aspect of the game. Definately worth my 60 bucks. Akira Yamaoka is second to none imo. Silent Hill just won't be the same without him.

just got mine in the mail (found it new and sealed on ebay for 40 shipped) and came in just to agree with you on the music

the rest of the game....so far....not so much

but its early, i'm sure it'll pick up soon, the humor is really falling flat on its face so far, i knew this game would be nothing but dick jokes, but i thought it would be one of those "so corny its funny" affairs, this shit is just so corny i want to jam an ice pick into my ear drums

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    MILKnoCrackerz
    PSN
    ElPrivon

anyone other and me having a real problem playing this game on ps3? specifically the games refusal to even load up anymore?

i've tested it with other games and they boot up no problem, and i was playing shadows last night, now i try to launch the game and it flickers like its going to start and nothing happens, just a black screen, anyone know what the problem could be???

if it helps i was up to the part where i was going to fight that grim reaper chick by the clock tower i think