Page 3 of 36 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Video Game Demonstration/Room/Review Videos

Pac-Man (Level 10) Emperor Megas's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

You're probably right about her show being less than great (I've never watched it) but how do you figure she's doing anything 'wrong', or worthy of insulting her the way that you did? I mean, honestly, if she's sponsored or whatever (which I suppose is what you mean by making money off of gamers), what's wrong with that exactly? It's not like she's ripping anyone off or anything (like Sadie/Ultraneko did, arguably), and if people enjoy her content, and freely subscribe, who's she hurting? The whole thing just read like someone who was envious of another person's high volume channel. I'm not saying that that's the case, but it sure seems that way.

In any event, I'm sure it's long since blown over, and I don't want it to make a bigger issue than it is, but the community that you're targeting may be a more diverse than you realize, and you could be alienating potential and existing viewers with that sort of harsh misogynistic rant.

With that said, you have a very nice collection, and your artwork is pretty cool, too. I hope you showcase more of it on your channel.

Insert Coin (Level 0) davegt666's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well here's all my video game reviews videos thus far. Check them out if you want and if you don't well, it won't kill me.

TURMOIL review for Atari 2600

SOLAR FOX review for Atari 2600

INTELLIVOICE for Intellivision review

Next Review: Spider Fighter for Atari 2600

I also have other miscellaneous gaming videos on my channel.

Strawberry (Level 2) starsoldier1's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Megas View Post
    You're probably right about her show being less than great (I've never watched it) but how do you figure she's doing anything 'wrong', or worthy of insulting her the way that you did? I mean, honestly, if she's sponsored or whatever (which I suppose is what you mean by making money off of gamers), what's wrong with that exactly? It's not like she's ripping anyone off or anything (like Sadie/Ultraneko did, arguably), and if people enjoy her content, and freely subscribe, who's she hurting? The whole thing just read like someone who was envious of another person's high volume channel. I'm not saying that that's the case, but it sure seems that way.

In any event, I'm sure it's long since blown over, and I don't want it to make a bigger issue than it is, but the community that you're targeting may be a more diverse than you realize, and you could be alienating potential and existing viewers with that sort of harsh misogynistic rant.

With that said, you have a very nice collection, and your artwork is pretty cool, too. I hope you showcase more of it on your channel.
    There is nothing wrong with her opening up a new game channel and I wish more girls would do that (yes, I even liked Ultraneko when she was around). My problem is that when I did that video iJustineGaming had no gaming videos on her new page and it was like that for about a month, it was actually her 5th channel so she's only making these new channels to milk money out of her own fans, and finally it's sad to see Youtube partner a talentless hack pretending to be a gamer on the spot while other more indepth gaming channels make nothing like AVGN for example.

Still I can see your point and don't wanna be one of those whiny haters that's always bashing on people all the time. Thanks for watching my work though and that was so far a one time only rant on her.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

OK, enough of the iJustcan'tgaming debate. Here are two complete playthrough videos of two obscure Disney Turbografx-16 games
    Darkwing Duck:
    http://blip.tv/starsoldier1/darkwing...hrough-5300414
    Talespin:
    http://blip.tv/starsoldier1/talespin...afx-16-5309725

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Now that this is a generalized gaming video thread, I figured I'd post this here.

This is a long winded video of me rambling and attempting to explain how to play Densha de Go! (for those unfamiliar with the game or as unfamiliar with the Japanese language as I am) on the fly.

Didn't intended for it to be considered a big production or anything, just an on the spot video tutorial. Camera at the screen, game on. Skip to 6:45 if you want to jump over my somewhat accurate interpretation of the history of Densha de Go and basic introduction to railroad signaling and get right to the game.
    Last edited by InsaneDavid; 06-23-2011 at 11:34 PM.

Insert Coin (Level 0) davegt666's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Pac-Man (Level 10) Emperor Megas's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by starsoldier1 View Post
    There is nothing wrong with her opening up a new game channel and I wish more girls would do that (yes, I even liked Ultraneko when she was around). My problem is that when I did that video iJustineGaming had no gaming videos on her new page and it was like that for about a month, it was actually her 5th channel so she's only making these new channels to milk money out of her own fans, and finally it's sad to see Youtube partner a talentless hack pretending to be a gamer on the spot while other more indepth gaming channels make nothing like AVGN for example.
    I didn't realize that The AVGN wasn't partnered with youtube. That's really weird considering some of the people who are. I've watched a few more of your videos since you've responded and I'm happy to see that the rant was an isolated thing. I appreciate you being pleasant about the whole (iJustine) thing; I was worried that you might get overly defensive when I offered my thoughts on it.

In any event, I was really wondering about something you said a few times. I'm not trying to rehash the iJustine thing (really), but I was wondering what you meant when you said that she was "milking money out of fans". How does she, or anyone on youtube, do this, exactly? I've never paid a dime to watch any youtube content, nor have I been charged anything to subscribe to any channels. So then, how is it possible for anyone on youtube to "milk money from fans/viewers?"

AFAIK, Ultraneko actually asked for donations which were supposed to go towards her show, but she ended up taking the money and running. Did this Justine girl do the same sort of thing?

I'll put the whole iJustine matter to rest now. Thanks again for keeping it civil.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Megas View Post
    I didn't realize that The AVGN wasn't partnered with youtube. That's really weird considering some of the people who are. I've watched a few more of your videos since you've responded and I'm happy to see that the rant was an isolated thing. I appreciate you being pleasant about the whole (iJustine) thing; I was worried that you might get overly defensive when I offered my thoughts on it.

In any event, I was really wondering about something you said a few times. I'm not trying to rehash the iJustine thing (really), but I was wondering what you meant when you said that she was "milking money out of fans". How does she, or anyone on youtube, do this, exactly? I've never paid a dime to watch any youtube content, nor have I been charged anything to subscribe to any channels. So then, how is it possible for anyone on youtube to "milk money from fans/viewers?"

AFAIK, Ultraneko actually asked for donations which were supposed to go towards her show, but she ended up taking the money and running. Did this Justine girl do the same sort of thing?

I'll put the whole iJustine matter to rest now. Thanks again for keeping it civil.
    No problem there, it's a strange situation and all. She likes to make all these new channels where she sends or commands her fans to a new page in order get money from her new ads. It was pretty clear this time she only made a gaming channel cause is was a popular subject and not because she's serious about it. Yeah, I kinda look like a badguy in the video I did and maybe the choice of words were a bit too extreme but I wasn't the only one upset that she earned a instant partnership program to earn cash when others like us wait years or never get the ability to make a dime despite knowing more about the subject matter. She also likes to beg for subscribers, comments, and ratings every chance she gets which is similar to what Ultraneko did there. Normally I'd let iJustine reply to these comments but she wouldn't give us any of us the time of day. Yeah, I could have whined and cried here to get my point across I guess but maybe it was the name Emperor Megas itself (from Valis II for the Turbografx-16 CD 1990 of course) that made me mark out.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by davegt666 View Post
    Good video, Activision usually didn't fail too much on the Atari 2600.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I just put up the new game review it is Rygar for the NES
    please watch, comment, like, subscribe
    http://youtu.be/q1V24-OaeRc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

done with uploading all 7 parts of my collection video:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/PSXcolle...F413F4A39019EF

- Playstationcollecting.com .. The online Playstation Collecting Community
    The PlaystationCollecting.com Database and Collection Tool
    Twitter - Facebook - YouTube - Forum
    - Visit My Retro Video Game Store! -

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

OK, instead of another playthrough and that junk I decided to do a quick lookthrough video of my TG collection and see some of those awesome (and not so awesome) cover arts. I don't know who they hired to commission some of these works but a lot of them are just awful.
    http://blip.tv/starsoldier1/turbogra...ection-5361145

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Making a sticky topic for video reviews? That's a little unnecessary.
    I can understand having a thread for room videos and game demos, but reviews (at least in my experience) take a lot of time and effort to make and deserve their own thread for independent discussion.
    Check out my oldschool game reviews!
    Click Me!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    swlovinist

My videos of game room/oddball stuff

http://www.youtube.com/my_videos?feature=mhee

The video showcasing a little of my game room over two years ago

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CR-mRPh23n0

yes I screwed up on Snatcher and feel like an idiot about it

Part two of my game room

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmdu0...eature=related
    Last edited by swlovinist; 07-19-2011 at 10:43 PM.
    Would you like to know more about collecting video games? Check out my extensive Youtube channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/swlovinist

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

swlovinist, I hope when I die I go to your gameroom.

Pretzel (Level 4) Orion Pimpdaddy's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Just posted a review of Kolibri:

http://youtu.be/kC3h-2X9Auc

Key (Level 9)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Smile YouTube Gaming Videos

So I like to make gameplay videos and put them on YouTube. As I'm sure many others do to. It's a good excuse to dust off some old favorite games. I feel like I am playing for an audience so it's more fun for me to play games while recording. So anyways, maybe other people could share their videos here too. Here's some Tekken 1 Playstation vids from me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xtGq6hz45vs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFEgX83ZoDA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBUjs1lr0qQ

This game is still great.

Key (Level 9)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Pac-Man (Level 10) Rickstilwell1's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    PSN
    TheGameCollector

I've actually been recording the gameplay footage of every game I've played by myself this year via my PC using a capture card and on-board audio because the capture card's audio sucks. My first 1.8TB hard drive is almost full.

Tekken 1 is in there too. I have to say it's one of the hardest fighting games I've ever beaten. For my first playthrough I used Kazuya, which is funny because in Tekken 2's instruction book it names him the victor of Tekken 1. I should try beating it again as someone else.
    [quote name='Shidou Mariya' date='Nov 17 2010, 10:05 PM' post='4889940']
    I'm a collector, but only to a certain extent.
    Not as extreme as Rickstilwell though.[/quote]

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    xXClan KillerXx

I have Videos of my Collection, Pickups, Gameplay, Trades, and unboxings here if anyone would like to check them out.
    www.youtube.com/user/oldskoolbrian
    Follow me on twitter at
    http://twitter.com/OldSkoolGaming

Checkout my Youtube Videos of Reviews, Collections, and more at www.youtube.com/user/oldskoolbrian