Thread: E3 2011 Predictions?

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default E3 2011 Predictions?

I always enjoy the pre-E3 period of speculation and rumor. But I also enjoy the real-life stupidity and awkward celebrity cameos of the actual expo... who could have predicted a bare-foot air-drumming asian dude at Nintendo's conference a couple years back? A drunk and/or high Jamie Kennedy embarassing everyone involved as host at Activision's presser in 2007? So what are your more outrageous and "interesting" predictions this year? Who knows... one of them may actually come true.

-Peter Molyneux will come onstage at the Xbox presser, flip everyone the bird, and proclaim Fable 3 to be "the greatest simulation of a turd ever." Then announce Fable 4, a game so streamlined, the enemies kill themselves.

-Sony trys to recapture the magic of the PS1 days in their announcement of a price for NGP. Kaz Hirai walks out on stage, and coyly says into the mike, "four-hundred and ninety nine dollars." Then walks off like a boss. Nobody applauds.

-Nintendo, wanting to appeal to the "hardcore" market, brings out Justin Bieber (all the kids love him!) to announce that his music will be in the official soundtrack for Zelda Skyward Sword. Rebecca Black featured in accompanying techno "remix" version.

-Amid much rumor and anticipation, Apple decides to join the home console fray. The newly announced, slim, sexy, iBox, as powerful as a Wii, will cost $3000. Angry Birds will be a launch title, along with 30 different fart sound boards.
    -Dobie
    NES, SNES, & Gameboy Collector

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

-Nintendo will demonstrate the Stream in public for the first time, with a launch date in Q2 2012- closer to release than anyone expected; along with more 3DS titles previously unannounced (please be Luigi's Mansion 2...)

-Sony, although having a formidable showing of new games, will be looked down upon due to the PSN hacking, although they could use E3 to announce a major overhaul to be done to the network that will be complete by early Q3 2011.

-Microsoft will probably be the weakest of the core three- it'll probably be just games being shown, seeing as there is no need for them to announce new hardware unless they rush out the Xbox 720 as a surprise.

-Ubisoft will be remembered like last year's- casual, casual, Michael Jackson, casual.

EDIT: Gotta love kupo's usual hate-on for Nintendo and Microsoft followed by the usual "zomg Sony".

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    SkaarDragoon

Lots of drinking.
    <Sothy> its the internet <Sothy> who cares

Quote Originally Posted by Daltone View Post
    This is a classic gaming site and the most active thread is a load of people wanking off to my little pony.

Ryu Hayabusa (Level 16) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Oobgarm
    PSN
    Oobgarm
    Steam
    Oobgarm

The only thing anyone ends up caring about is the History exhibit.

Nintendo and Sega merge.

Kaz Hirai and Major Nelson have a fistfight, winner gets both companies.

A presenter "mistakenly" displays his/her testicles on stage.
    RIP bargora, you will be greatly missed.That is how we do things on Giedion Prime.

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Nintendo - Reggie will act like a pompous douchebag as usual. Project Cafe will be announced that Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword is going to be a launch title and the Wii version of the game will come out a month after the Project Cafe version(sound familiar.)

Sony - NGP for $299 and 3G unit for $349. Uncharted 3, Infamous 2, and maybe the Last Guardian(finally.) Final Fantasy Type 0 for PSP.

Microsoft - Gears of War 3, Kinect games, either Battlefield 3 or Modern Warfare 3(or both) and 50 other multiplatform first person shooters.

Rockstar - More than likely not going to happen, but I'd like to see Grand Theft Auto 5 announced.
    Last edited by kupomogli; 06-02-2011 at 11:59 AM.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

We're going to see a lot of stuff we've already seen before, but with different graphics.

Beyond that, I'd like to see a build of The Last Guardian and Project Draco. Project Draco is half the reason i purchased Kinect (Child of Eden being the other half).
    I don't want you to hate me, I want you to want to hate me - GamersUniteMagazine.com

Insert Coin (Level 0) mattimeo310's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    mattimeo310
    3DS Friend
    4897-5967-3681

I can't imagine Sony having such a lively and funny presentation this year with Butler, I think it will be a more cut and dry presentation. Maybe it will be just a full hour of saying "Please don't hate us."

Nintendo should probably try to hype up the 3DS because I'm getting tired of seeing the same 3DS advertisement on TV showcasing the bland non exciting launch titles.

Microsoft- I really can't think of anything all that exciting that Microsoft needs to show off. They may try to push the Kinect a little more but I'm really not sure.
    My Systems: Atari 2600, 7800 Intellivision Nes(top loader) Snes Virtual Boy N64 Gamecube Wii GBC GBA(original) DS(brick) Genesis Dreamcast Ps2 Ps3 PSP(phat) PSP 3000, LYNX

Pac-Man (Level 10) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    PSN
    buzz_retro64

Sony- PSN will be better than ever! (crowd unenthusiastic) NGP will be awesome! PS4 teaser.

Nintendo- Project Cafe details announced. New Mario game.

Microsoft- Kinect... derp derp derp.

ServBot (Level 11) TonyTheTiger's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by mattimeo310 View Post
    Maybe it will be just a full hour of saying "Please don't hate us."
    I think that somebody, be it Jack, Kaz, or whoever else will take an opportunity to offer one last apologetic statement, declare that PSN is fully functioning and is now one of the safest online services available, and finally put the whole issue to rest. They may mention it but won't dwell on it, giving it closure.

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Oobgarm View Post

A presenter "mistakenly" displays his/her testicles on stage.
    THIS. Not because I want to see testicles, but because it could totally happen in some cheezy Kinect demo. Presenter wears shorts a BIT too short, and gets a LITTLE too enthusiastic playing the game, jumps up and OH MY GOD ITS ALIVE!
    -Dobie

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    SkaarDragoon

Quote Originally Posted by Dobie View Post
    THIS. Not because I want to see testicles, but because it could totally happen in some cheezy Kinect demo. Presenter wears shorts a BIT too short, and gets a LITTLE too enthusiastic playing the game, jumps up and OH MY GOD ITS ALIVE!
    Testicles popping out from under a demonstrator's skirt would definitely go down in history.

Particularly for her.
    <Sothy> its the internet <Sothy> who cares

Quote Originally Posted by Daltone View Post
    This is a classic gaming site and the most active thread is a load of people wanking off to my little pony.

Shmup Hooligan Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

A few moments after the testicle-skirt snafu, Kamino's erection reaches the hall from Wisconsin...

This signature is dedicated to all those
    cyberpunks who fight against injustice
    and corruption every day of their lives

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dobie View Post
    -Peter Molyneux will come onstage at the Xbox presser, flip everyone the bird, and proclaim Fable 3 to be "the greatest simulation of a turd ever." Then announce Fable 4, a game so streamlined, the enemies kill themselves.
    OK, so I'm kind of scared how close this came to being reality. Minus the flipping off the audience part, it was pretty much spot on.
    -Dobie