Thread: DS Lite housing replacement.

Peach (Level 3) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default DS Lite housing replacement.

Never tried this but how hard or easy is this? Anyone have good or bad problems with doing this? Searched here couldn't find anything tried googling and thanks.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

For someone that hasn't done it before, the only difficult part is getting the cables through the top to the bottom. When disassembling, remove the antenna and mic cable first, then roll up the screen ribbon cable and feed it through. When reassembling, roll up and feed the screen ribbon cable first, then feed the antenna and mic. Make note of where the cables snap in to little notches before removal. The top outer case slides off, not pulls off. Finally, third party replacements often have defects akin to old model kits. Have a hobby knife ready to trim excess plastic from various areas that overflowed in the molds.

Peach (Level 3) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default DS Lite housing replacement.

Quote Originally Posted by Squeept View Post
    For someone that hasn't done it before, the only difficult part is getting the cables through the top to the bottom. When disassembling, remove the antenna and mic cable first, then roll up the screen ribbon cable and feed it through. When reassembling, roll up and feed the screen ribbon cable first, then feed the antenna and mic. Make note of where the cables snap in to little notches before removal. The top outer case slides off, not pulls off. Finally, third party replacements often have defects akin to old model kits. Have a hobby knife ready to trim excess plastic from various areas that overflowed in the molds.
    I knew I was missing something from the info I found. Thank you very much, I really appreciate the help. I think this will help me do this right!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I read my post again, I think it might need a little clarification. That's just when doing the top half of the case. When feeding that whole mess of cables through to the bottom half, it should just be common sense, but I do several of these a day, so my perspective is a little skewed. Just ask if you run in to any trouble.