Thread: Are you going to watch the e3 press conferences live?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default Are you going to watch the e3 press conferences live?

Just curious if most folks here are going to try to watch the conferences live, or just catch the highlights later. I'm actually taking the day off work to watch Nintendo's conference on Tuesday. I was thinking of taking Monday off instead, to watch Microsoft's press conference, as well as Sony's, but I figured I can make it home before 5pm to see Sony's conference Monday night, so I'll only be missing Microsoft's conference. I'll just watch the Microsoft one after the Sony conference is over.
    Last edited by WCP; 06-04-2011 at 11:11 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Nope

They're largely dull, drawn out, and lacking in a lot of interesting announcements. It's much more entertaining just to read about the actual highlights afterwards each afternoon.

Famicom Pirate Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

no way!!!!!!! its so boring.....

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Ill try to watch the PS3 conference at work, but will probably watch the Nintendo conference at home on Tuesday. They're usually enjoyable to watch. I haven't seen an E3 of Microsoft's that wasn't boring as hell though.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

If Microsoft even mentions the word Kinect in the first 10 minutes I'm shutting it off. Sony's is always pie chart blather. Nintendo on the other hand, I am CRAVING their presser this year.

Besides, I need to watch them. #vbender's a regular MST3K during it. XD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I usually find them to be pretty interesting (although some end up being disappointing). I really want to see if Sony will address the whole hacking ordeal in their conference, and if they'll set a competitive price for the NGP. I'll have to rush home for the Nintendo press conference (I have a class that ends at 12:20, so hopefully I won't miss something big, like the unveiling of Project Cafe).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

There's not many things in this world that would make me miss Nintendo's live press conference. It may be my highlight of the year.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I had planned to take off of work on Monday to watch Microsoft's conference and later Sony's. But I just had my work load doubled for the week so that may not be possible. Nintendo's conference's are usually the most boring so I'll be reading the highlights from that one unless I find a later stream on Tuesday night.
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P
    Quote Originally Posted by THE 1 2 P
    Why? Once you've seen one partially-exposed butthole you've seen them all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by The 1 2 P View Post
    I had planned to take off of work on Monday to watch Microsoft's conference and later Sony's. But I just had my work load doubled for the week so that may not be possible. Nintendo's conference's are usually the most boring so I'll be reading the highlights from that one unless I find a later stream on Tuesday night.

I originally was going to take Monday off instead of Tuesday, but that was because I was thinking that the Sony conference was at like 2pm or something. It's actually at 5pm, and I get home about 4:30, so I should be able to catch it no problem. I'll have to miss out on the Microsoft one, but I should be able to find a replay on the net somewhere, or maybe I can get it off Xbox Live or at Microsoft's website.

It's going to be extremely difficult for me to totally avoid hearing any news on Monday before I get home and watch the Sony conference. I'll just have to resist all temptation to look at websites while I'm at work Monday.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Just watching Nintendo's live, the other 2 I'll read the highlights of.
    I reject your reality and substitute it for one of my own!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by The 1 2 P View Post
    Nintendo's conference's are usually the most boring so I'll be reading the highlights from that one unless I find a later stream on Tuesday night.
    There will be nothing boring about it this time.

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    jdotaku

probably not-usually don't.

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yeah I am.

Sony: Only thing to look forward to is their unveiling of NGP/PSP/Vita whatever this year (and they will this year). I'm curious to see the curious launch lineup and see how it stack with 3DS. Other than that....Killzone 3, probably some Move games, that's it. Sony's new handheld will be the biggest star at their show this year. It's got to be...for their sake.

Nintendo: Can't wait to see Super Wii!!! I'm getting goosebumps in anticipation! And we'll finally put down a lot of these stupid Cafe rumogrossilation (my word) behind us. Also the 3DS summer/fall lineup I'm looking forward too, bought mine back in March and I'm been waiting for what Nintendo got in store for their first big onslaught of games this Christmas. Keep my eye on Kid Icarus, Resident Evil Revelations, and especially Super Mario 3DS (want to see how 3D improves gameplay).

Not to mention, Skyward Sword, Pikmin 3, and a few 3rd party mentionables (crossing fingers for Last Story, Xenoblade, Regenliev, Solarobo, etc). I think there's this is Nintendo's year to shine.

Microsoft: Not watching since I don't own a 360 but what is there to look forward? I mean, Halo's done, any killer Kinect titles(?), and don't say they're releasing a new system! It's WAY too soon for either MS or Sony to go 720/PS4 yet and US economic weakness doesn't scream "$600 console". Although MS is the underdog going in, they might surprise everyone with something unexpected but I'm not holding my breath.
    Quote Originally Posted by kupomogli View Post
    You're just a hypocrite. I'm bashing Nintendo because I'm anti Nintendo, but my reasoning behind bashing them is always accurate. You should learn to do some research.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bojay1997 View Post
    I personally think it's greed to expect that you can pay for a game once and then do whatever you want with it.
    Check my video reviews on YouTube:http://www.youtube.com/user/optitube
    My Pixel Paradise Blog: http://blockmangamer.blogspot.com/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    PaleSonicakuma

im watching wthout a doubt
    read sonic doom everyday on my myspace profile

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by WCP View Post
    I originally was going to take Monday off instead of Tuesday, but that was because I was thinking that the Sony conference was at like 2pm or something. It's actually at 5pm, and I get home about 4:30, so I should be able to catch it no problem. I'll have to miss out on the Microsoft one, but I should be able to find a replay on the net somewhere, or maybe I can get it off Xbox Live or at Microsoft's website.

It's going to be extremely difficult for me to totally avoid hearing any news on Monday before I get home and watch the Sony conference. I'll just have to resist all temptation to look at websites while I'm at work Monday.
    I decided to just go in early on Monday and do a few of my stores, come home to watch the Microsoft conference, go back to work and do a few more stores and then watch Sony's conference at night(Game Trailers is suppose to be showing it at 8 pm). Theres no way I'm going to miss Microsoft's conference since I know they have several surprises in store.

Quote Originally Posted by Zap! View Post
    There will be nothing boring about it this time.
    That remains to be seen. I'll be at work all day Tuesday. So unless theres a place I can watch a rebroadcast after 6 pm that night I'm just going to read the highlights. Thats what I usually do for Nintendo's conferences and have never felt like I missed out on anything.
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P
    Quote Originally Posted by THE 1 2 P
    Why? Once you've seen one partially-exposed butthole you've seen them all.

Insert Coin (Level 0) mattimeo310's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    mattimeo310
    3DS Friend
    4897-5967-3681

My friend and I are going to hopefully watch the Sony conference but we will see depending how my job treats me tomorrow.
    My Systems: Atari 2600, 7800 Intellivision Nes(top loader) Snes Virtual Boy N64 Gamecube Wii GBC GBA(original) DS(brick) Genesis Dreamcast Ps2 Ps3 PSP(phat) PSP 3000, LYNX

Shmup Hooligan Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Gotta see the Nintendo presser ASAP, for obvious reasons.

I can watch all the "Please, don't hate us!!!" Sony clips on youtube later. They'll be much better after some creative re/edits. Unless, they refuse to even acknowledge the elephant in the hall.

Would like to see the news about the next handheld... But, IDK. Not that pumped for it really. Highlights and some light reading will do me fine.

This signature is dedicated to all those
    cyberpunks who fight against injustice
    and corruption every day of their lives

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Probably do like I did last year and just watch it from Backloggery. May as well get a decent chat out of it.