Thread: E3 2011 Halo

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Ace_McCannon

Default E3 2011 Halo

Welp, I'm curious about everyone's thoughts and/or opinions. I'm not a diehard Halo fan but I enjoy the games. I'm excited for the Halo:Combat Evolved remake and apprehensive about Halo 4. Well, not apprehensive, I guess more curious about what direction they're going to go with the story. Also interested to see how they handle Halo without Bungie.

Pretzel (Level 4) substantial_snake's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Insanity2546

The only Halo I really fell in love with was the first one. I played the others while at friends houses and spent countless hour in multiplayer but the only one to really capture my imagination was the first one.

Its hard to put a real argument to this but I really don't like what I see in the Remastered trailer. I feel kinda like in making the game much brighter and more colorful it takes a way from the feel of Halo that I remember. I also don't think that ANY game needs a total overhaul one console generation from its release..but thats just me.

I can't change my avatar. Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    YaoIsGod

Have they given any indication to a release date or price for either game?
    Like free stuff? I have earned hundreds of dollars in free Amazon gift cards through Swagbucks. Check it out here! Earn 3000 points and I will give you FREE shipping the next time you buy from me!
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/Porksta

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    swlovinist

Nov. 15 for Halo Combat Evolved. Price $39.99 comes with 6 mulitplayer maps which will be a mix of Halo 1 and 2 muliplayer maps. Will include online Co-op as well. Will include a firefight mode. I guess it will also include little subtle differences that will help explain Halo 4.

Halo 4 December 2012.
    Would you like to know more about collecting video games? Check out my extensive Youtube channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/swlovinist

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I was super, super excited for the remake of Halo 1, but after seeing the footage of it, my excitement level dropped dramatically. Halo deserves much better treatment than that. I'll probably give it a rental when it comes out, or try the demo, but this could have been a day 1 buy for me.

As for Halo 4, don't believe the hype. The chance of this game actually making a late 2012 release is miniscule at best. Just last November 343 Industries was looking for level designers and artists. No way they can turn Halo 4 around that quickly. The only possible way that a Halo 4 comes out next Xmas is if Microsoft pulls an Activision and get's 3 different developers working on the game simultaneously to try to bang it out for a 4th quarter launch.

I don't think Microsoft is going to release a rushed Halo 4 product, and I'm a bit disgusted that they would tease gamers like this, knowing damn well that there is zero chance the game will come out next year. Of course, this is just all speculation on my part. Maybe all the announcements of them looking for level designers and stuff is just a smokescreen, and they've been slaving away on this game for 3 full years with a full staff. Or maybe not.
    Last edited by WCP; 06-07-2011 at 09:06 PM.

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

I don't get all the Halo 4 hype anyways. It was nothing more than CG footage. If they're not going to show gameplay then don't show anything at all.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Had Microsoft only made one Halo announcement that would have been enough for me. But two? It was hard to contain my excitment. But as elated as I was to hear these titles confirmed I also got a little dissappointed. Halo games are awesome but we really don't need a new one every single year.

The only reason Halo(and Call of Duty) can get away with this is because they are the two most popular fps games. This is even more impressive for Halo since it's exclusive to one system and yet still outsells pretty much every multiplatform fps game with the exception of COD.

But still, I'd rather them come out atleast every two years. As it is now they keep splitting the player base. There are still people playing Halo 3(although they should really move on now), Halo Reach and later this year they'll also be playing Halo anniversary. So that will be three games that the Halo fanbase will be split playing, until next year when they are split between four games with the release of Halo 4.
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P
    Quote Originally Posted by THE 1 2 P
    Why? Once you've seen one partially-exposed butthole you've seen them all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by The 1 2 P View Post
    Halo games are awesome but we really don't need a new one every single year.

The only reason Halo(and Call of Duty) can get away with this is because they are the two most popular fps games. This is even more impressive for Halo since it's exclusive to one system and yet still outsells pretty much every multiplatform fps game with the exception of COD.

Yeah, well, it's like when my kids ask me if there is going to be a sequel to a big movie that they liked. I told them that if the movie made big money at the box office, then you're basically guaranteed to see more get made. A couple of years back, my son was asking me if there would be a Pirates of the Caribbean 4, and I said, absolutely. No.3 made way too much money for there not to be a no.4.

It's the same exact thing with video games. Halo games sell way too well, for Microsoft to not release "something" Halo related every single year. If Microsoft doesn't release "something" Halo related every single year, then they are just essentially leaving free money on the table.

I know it sucks that this type of thing happens, but it's hard to blame publicly owned companies from trying to add value to their shareholders.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Cannon Spook
    PSN
    Cannon_Spook

In high school all I did was play Halo. I'm totally looking forward to the remake of Combat Evolved.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Ace_McCannon

I agree with you 12P. I wish they wouldn't rush out new Halo games. Sometimes the anticipation and wait make it more exciting when the game really does come out.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I didn't like any of Halos except part 1. I am excited about the new remake. Part 4 Meh.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    The Shamemaker
    PSN
    heybtbm
    Steam
    The_Shamemaker

Quote Originally Posted by M.Buster2184 View Post
    I agree with you 12P. I wish they wouldn't rush out new Halo games. Sometimes the anticipation and wait make it more exciting when the game really does come out.
    To be fair, it'll be a 5 year span between Halo 3 and Halo 4. That's long enough to be kept hanging IMO.
    "One of the ways I gauge a DS game is by recharges. "...Tycho (Penny Arcade)