Thread: "Return to Sender" issue

Super Moderator Moderator
    Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Default "Return to Sender" issue

I could use some advice here. In all my years selling games on eBay (which is admittedly sporadic), this is the first time I've had a package bounced back to me (for "Insufficient Address, No Such Number"). I wrote the address down exactly as I was given (and, yes, my handwriting is clear) and am contacting the buyer about figuring that out, but assuming that I get a new address that would work, should I request that the buyer pay some additional money for the second shipping attempt or is it customary for the seller to take the hit? Considering I confirmed that I did everything right on my part, it would suck if I had to lose money on this.

And if I don't get an alternate address, then I really wouldn't know what to do. If the transaction falls through, then I guess I'm out the shipping, the fees, and the fees to resell.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    RottenToTheGore
    PSN
    TheSuperSadist

If they do give you another address, I'd charge them for shipping. If it was your fault that it went to the wrong address I'm sure you'd be willing to cover it, I'd think it should work both ways.

If they don't respond, or the transaction falls through, you can always refund them the auction price and "resolve a problem" with eBay. When a transaction is canceled through eBay you get your fees back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oobgarm
    Hello VACRMH, you have just received 666 Meseta from Oobgarm.
    The following comment was made: HAIL SATAN

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by VACRMH View Post
    If they do give you another address, I'd charge them for shipping. If it was your fault that it went to the wrong address I'm sure you'd be willing to cover it, I'd think it should work both ways.

If they don't respond, or the transaction falls through, you can always refund them the auction price and "resolve a problem" with eBay. When a transaction is canceled through eBay you get your fees back.
    Agree with this. Also, if you had the correct address and the post office just failed to deliver it properly, you can usually go in to your local branch and they will fill out a form and re-ship it for free.