Thread: SNES Board in a Super Famicom Shell?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default SNES Board in a Super Famicom Shell?

Hi,

I'm the recent proud new owner of a boxed Super Famicom. Upon plugging it in and testing it out for the first time I discovered that it suffers from the fairly common "vertical lines" / interference problem in the video output.

I still own my original SNES, and I've taken it apart twice before, so I was wondering if the SNES board will fit inside a Super Famicom shell, as well as connecting to the controller ports / power button without any modding. I've seen pictures of what I think is a Super Famicom board online and they seem to be identical, but I thought I would try to save myself the trouble of taking them both apart first by asking here.

I do plan on buying another loose Super Famicom at a later date just to have around for a spare / using Retr0brite on, and I much prefer the look of the SFC as well as its controllers over the US version.

If this has been asked before please forgive me, I did try the forum search before posting.

Thanks ahead of time for any responses!

Edit: I did just remember that the DC input on the SNES is just a wee bit larger in diameter than the SFC, I suppose that's probably going to be the only issue if the boards are the same size/shape. I don't really feel like modding the case on my SFC as long as it's my only one.
    Last edited by Boltorano; 06-10-2011 at 03:08 PM.