Thread: Going rate for PAC-man to ms PAC conversion

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Default Going rate for PAC-man to ms PAC conversion

Going out on my nightly walks I discovered a resale shop with a Pac-Man upright full size machine (has side art) but converted into a Ms. Pac. It was on but I couldn't see it too well. I'm going to stop in today to check it out.

Any idea what the typical price is for these? She has an offer of $600 (but it's worth $1,500, she said) but the offering party doesn't have the cash and she wants it out of her store.

UPDATE: tapatalk is being a pain so I'll post my findings here:
    Thanks for the responses. I always go in a bit skeptical, especially when some one mentions "worth" and then drops the offer ordeal (which changed to "doesn't want it" anymore btw).

I checked it out and the cab has been around with scuffs, paint rubbed off, etc. It has the marquee and display glass of a Ms. but everything else is the original Pac. Joystick is very responsive as are the buttons. Sound was pretty good. Only thing that got me was that the monitor is getting some blur, about 3/4 of the screen (bottom up to the top corridor of the maze). Totally playable but does raise concerns about possible replacement.

I chatted with her as I played, telling her about the machine (she dropped info like a relative works for a vending company and such, whin smelled like justification for her price). Told her t was a conversion (and i was polite, it's the truth of what it was) and why arcades did that and that's when the agog of he offer changed. She'd take a "reasonable offer".
    Last edited by YoshiM; 06-14-2011 at 01:05 PM.

Authordreamweavervisionar yplusactor Arcade Antics's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by YoshiM View Post
    Any idea what the typical price is for these? She has an offer of $600 (but it's worth $1,500, she said) but the offering party doesn't have the cash and she wants it out of her store.
    She's already given you at least two lies. That said, she could probably get $300+ out of it if everything works and it's in decent shape. If it's in great shape she might be able to get up to $450 if she wants to entertain realistic offers. Pac/Ms. Pac cabinets are still super common. If you pass on this one, you'll find another one.

When thinking about what you want to offer, consider how much you want it, what condition the cabinet is in, what's wrong with it, and your comfort level in addressing any cosmetic and/or functionality issues.
    Selling collection, Atari through XBox. Send a PM with whatever games you're looking for.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Depends on the area and who is looking at them. She might very well have a $600 offer on it, and if so I'd suggest continuing to look elsewhere. Recently in Milwaukee, there was an auction at a closed FEC where they had a restored Ms. Pac-Man machine (restored by me, actually, when I used to work there) that sold for over $1000 before fees and everything.

Down the street from that FEC where we held the MGC, I believe someone sold a Ms. Pac-Man this year for about $350.

If the buyer doesn't know better, you can still get big money for them. But, if you're posting on here, you should know better and wait for a better offer!
    Dan Loosen
    http://www.goatstore.com/ - http://www.midwestgamingclassic.com/
    ** Trying to finish up an overly complete Dreamcast collection... want to help? (Updated 5/3/10!) http://www.digitpress.com/forum/showthread.php?t=61333

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

A local company sold 2 Pac-Man and a Ms. Pac last year on Ebay - all dedicated uprights. All sold for $500 each. A Pac-Man w/ Ms Pac-Man parts would be less (300-400), plus remind her it's 2011, not 2005.
    [SIZE="4"]<< INSERT MESETA FOR SIGNATURE >>[/SIZE]

Pac-Man (Level 10) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by stonic View Post
    A local company sold 2 Pac-Man and a Ms. Pac last year on Ebay - all dedicated uprights. All sold for $500 each. A Pac-Man w/ Ms Pac-Man parts would be less (300-400), plus remind her it's 2011, not 2005.
    Agreed^
    Prices are way down on these and most arcades.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i have been looking for one for a couple years and not having enough money, they sell around here in the condition you describe for $350-400.
    -- I was bradd on KLOV --