Thread: Going rate for PAC-man to ms PAC conversion

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Default Going rate for PAC-man to ms PAC conversion

Going out on my nightly walks I discovered a resale shop with a Pac-Man upright full size machine (has side art) but converted into a Ms. Pac. It was on but I couldn't see it too well. I'm going to stop in today to check it out.

Any idea what the typical price is for these? She has an offer of $600 (but it's worth $1,500, she said) but the offering party doesn't have the cash and she wants it out of her store.

UPDATE: tapatalk is being a pain so I'll post my findings here:
    Thanks for the responses. I always go in a bit skeptical, especially when some one mentions "worth" and then drops the offer ordeal (which changed to "doesn't want it" anymore btw).

I checked it out and the cab has been around with scuffs, paint rubbed off, etc. It has the marquee and display glass of a Ms. but everything else is the original Pac. Joystick is very responsive as are the buttons. Sound was pretty good. Only thing that got me was that the monitor is getting some blur, about 3/4 of the screen (bottom up to the top corridor of the maze). Totally playable but does raise concerns about possible replacement.

I chatted with her as I played, telling her about the machine (she dropped info like a relative works for a vending company and such, whin smelled like justification for her price). Told her t was a conversion (and i was polite, it's the truth of what it was) and why arcades did that and that's when the agog of he offer changed. She'd take a "reasonable offer".
    Last edited by YoshiM; 06-14-2011 at 01:05 PM.