The game's old news; what I've found is new.
Ever heard of this game? It's a prototype that's floating around where you play as a kid who has to battle his way through a slime covered high school corridor. The game seems to come to an abrupt end when you are face with a couple of slime nurses who are invulnerable; but I can now say, there's more to this proto! Read on!
Is this a new level and a debug menu? I believe it is!
Click here to download a massive pack of 72 pngs of levels, bosses and mini-games previously undiscovered...until now.
To activate the debug functions, you need to plug a pad into the second port. Now:
- Hold A and press START to aceess the debug menu; press Up/Down to change option and press Left/Right to toggle ON/OFF. Continue to hold A at this menu and pressing Up/Down will change it from misc to pallete.
- Press START for a clean pause.
- Hold A+B+C to reset the current level; this important - read below.
- Holding B or C gives screen tearing at the top; could be more to this.
The Misc debug menu will give you the following selectings:
- Cheating; Enable this for Invincibitly
- Single Step Movement: Frame by frame movement. Need to reset (above) to disable.
- Version: Game compile date.
- Entering Enemys: Enable to stop foes from spawning.
- Travis Health: Adjust health.
- Travis Weapon Count: Adjust ammo.
- Travis Weapon Level: Adjust weapon strenght; didn't notice any difference though.
- Travis Weapon Type: Change your weapon. Only half work, and those that do come with no ammo (the Weapon Count option should fix that). Working weapons include Bullet,Slime,Book,Grenade,Axe,Dynamite,Bone,Kravit s Ruler,Dithers Axe,Snite Slime, Snite Oslime and Bulldog Bone.
- Restart To: Use Left/Right to adjust level and then reset (above) to warp to that stage.
- Tarvis Jump Boost Frames: I assume this is supoosed to increase jump height, but it does nothing.
- Sound Command: Sound test. Use Left/Right to change track, press B to play. 01 is a possible BGM for a title screen, 02 is the BGM for the Slugfest level and 10 disables BGM all-together.
- Lives Per Game: Adjusts starting lives; must kill yourself for it to take affect.
- Travis Cursor Mode: Press Right to adjust it to "Set!" to be able to move freely around the level as a crosshair with the first pad. Hol A to increase speed. To return to normal, simply reset (above).
There are three bosses in the game:
- First boss is a fat teacher in a desk; walk into her with the apple and she'll come to life. Fire directly into her mouth to score a hit.
- Second boss is a massive gym coach. I have no idea how to fight this guy.
- Final boss, twin heads. Weak point unknown, but you start with a upgraded slime gun.
Unrelated to the cheats, I've also found that you can open some doors; simply face the handle and press C. If it does open or you get no sound effect (locked), it's unopenable. Some doors lead to classes, the janitor or just a random mini-game.