Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Vectorman0
    PSN
    Vectorman0

Default Child of Eden

(How does this not have a thread yet?)

I am in love with this game; it is truly beautiful. I made sure I had zero exposure to the game before it came out, I wanted to keep everything a secret so it would have a greater impact playing through it. I had very high expectations and it met virtually all of them. It's very similar to Rez at it's core, but at the same time there are many differences. It's about the exact length Rez is, but it has unlockables clearly presented that might entice more people to put more time into it. It also has a hard mode that will be interesting to try once I have gotten 100% on more of the archives.

If you liked Rez, you will like this game. If you loved Rez, you will love this game. If you hated Rez, buy this game anyway so us sane people can get a "third Rez". ;-)

One great thing about this game as you can play through it somewhat casually and relaxed, or you can play for score and have a much different experience. Last night I was playing for a high score and that after finishing the level I had to stop for the night because I was so pumped up that I though my heart might explode. I didn't really think that, but I really did have to stop because I was feeling so manic that I couldn't focus or think straight. It's a testament to this game's greatness how it can be insanely intense, or somewhat relaxed depending on how you play it.

For those enlightened individuals who are or will soon be playing this, I suggest turning off your lights and wearing headphones when you play this. I started doing this with Rez and now find it difficult to play any other way. It's also a good idea to turn off the 360's pop-up notifications to not taint the mood of the game.

Oh, and one more thing. Don't let the "Better with Kinect" branding scare you off. I don't have a Kinect and won't until they cost half of what they do now. And based on my experience with the game so far, I don't think this game was started with Kinect support in mind and it was added as an option later. It makes sense as this games is meant to be a full body synesthesia experience, I imagine it would play okay, the regular controller controls are fairly simple. That said, I like my controller and don't plan on switching to anything else.

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Played Rez on the PS2 a month back and my mind at the time was like: "Yes! This is what DC/PS2/GC/Xbox was made for!"

Breathing life into big ideas and big imaginations that the NES, Super NES, and Playstation graphical power could not accomplish alone. And Rez was that! This bold step of gaming nuance that should have inspired a new vision for video games to a new level but instead got swept under the rug by the Halo/GTA/GOW onslaught.

*sigh* Anyway, after reading your post, I'm tempted to get Child of Eden for PS3. Hopefully, it won't require Playstation Move, then again I wouldn't mind paying a little extra.
    Quote Originally Posted by kupomogli View Post
    You're just a hypocrite. I'm bashing Nintendo because I'm anti Nintendo, but my reasoning behind bashing them is always accurate. You should learn to do some research.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bojay1997 View Post
    I personally think it's greed to expect that you can pay for a game once and then do whatever you want with it.
    Check my video reviews on YouTube:http://www.youtube.com/user/optitube
    My Pixel Paradise Blog: http://blockmangamer.blogspot.com/

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I completely agree. This game is simply beautiful. It's a fun game to play and the graphics are gorgeous. I also play it with a controller and it's a great experience to play it that way. For those that know me, know that I'm not a huge 360 fan but I will say that this game is another that make the 360 completely worth owning.

-mike

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I didn't realize that the game was coming for the ps3. I will buy it for that system as well. This game is that good!

-mike

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by killersquirel View Post
    I didn't realize that the game was coming for the ps3. I will buy it for that system as well. This game is that good!

-mike
    PS3 development pushed it back to September but hey, that gives me three months to beat the lost stage on Rez.
    Quote Originally Posted by kupomogli View Post
    You're just a hypocrite. I'm bashing Nintendo because I'm anti Nintendo, but my reasoning behind bashing them is always accurate. You should learn to do some research.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bojay1997 View Post
    I personally think it's greed to expect that you can pay for a game once and then do whatever you want with it.
    Check my video reviews on YouTube:http://www.youtube.com/user/optitube
    My Pixel Paradise Blog: http://blockmangamer.blogspot.com/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Am I missing something with this game?

The trailer looked very good and intriguing, but then I saw a Kinect gameplay video and well... it looks kinda dull? The shooting seemed irregular, ill-paced and all over the place.
    I reject your reality and substitute it for one of my own!

Ryu Hayabusa (Level 16) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Oobgarm
    PSN
    Oobgarm
    Steam
    Oobgarm

I bought this two days ago and have yet to play it.

It's the sole reason I sprang for a Kinect. The reviews of the integration are really, really good.

Perhaps I'll dig in tonight.
    RIP bargora, you will be greatly missed.That is how we do things on Giedion Prime.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Vectorman0
    PSN
    Vectorman0

Quote Originally Posted by Swamperon View Post
    Am I missing something with this game?

The trailer looked very good and intriguing, but then I saw a Kinect gameplay video and well... it looks kinda dull? The shooting seemed irregular, ill-paced and all over the place.

I'm not exactly sure what you mean. I'm guessing you haven't played Rez? I haven't watched any trailers or videos of this game, so I have no idea how the kinect gameplay works. With a controller, the shooting (which consists of using the reticle to lock on, then you let go to fire) can be as irregular or regular as you want it, depending on how you play. The only other thing I can really say is don't judge this game until you play it.

Ryu Hayabusa (Level 16) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Oobgarm
    PSN
    Oobgarm
    Steam
    Oobgarm

Just gave this a go.

HOLY SHIT THIS IS AWESOME.
    RIP bargora, you will be greatly missed.That is how we do things on Giedion Prime.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Young_Machete

Since this is coming to the PS3, does that mean Rez HD will too? I'm considering selling my 360 and Rez coming to the PSN would be one less reason for me to keep it.

Breaking Bad 3x02 - Caballo Sin Nombre