Thread: Upcoming projects for collectors guides?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Upcoming projects for collectors guides?

Is there any current possibilities of coming out with guides like the Digital Press Guide Advance or Collectors Guide 7 in the works for xbox and ps2 (when they finally stop releasing games of ps2) and other game systems not in those 2 guides? Just curious because they are nice guides for collectors and dealers alike.

"A Serpent Guard, a Horus Guard and a Setesh Guard meet on a neutral planet. It is a tense moment! The Serpent Guard's eyes glow, the Horus Guard's beak glistens, the Setesh Guard's nose drips!" Teal'c

Administrator

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

Well I only speak for myself and not as an authority on the matter, but I imagine that as Digital Press's Classic Guide covers 8-bit and older, and the Advance Guide covers 16-bit, 32-bit, and 64-bit (and the 128-bit/partially 64-bit hybrid the SEGA Dreamcast), that eventually there will be a guide for newer consoles. But the extent of that is unknown. I'd wager that the book would cover approximately the same total number of games, so it would probably incorporate at least PS2/XBOX/GameCube/PS3/XBOX360/Wii and the corresponding handhelds of the time, DS/DSi/3DS/PSP/etc.

What this would be called, what it would contain, and especially when it would be published all remain unknown. As the last printed version of the Advance Guide still hasn't sold all copies yet but the printed Classic Guide has, I think there is more demand for the Classic Guide and collecting of the games which it covers than the newer games.

And who knows? By the time there is significant demand for a newer Guide we might not even have paper books anymore!