Hi There:
I hope I'm posting on the right forum....I'm new.

I've got a Sega Genesis system but my power cord has gone missing. I hate to spend the money on an original one....they seem really expensive. Are the after market ones any good?

Also, I purchased second hand a Genesis game recently, Streets of Rage. I'm confused now, whether its Genesis or European Megadrive. Or do the games work for both? The emblem at the top of the front of the box says Sega Genesis, the writing at the botton of the box does not show one or two player symbol like most of the others I've seen...it just says 16-bit cartridge for use with the Sega Mega Drive video entertainment system. Also, the manual is horizontal, not verticle and has 8 languages.

Also in the manual in the start up instructions says to power up your Sega Mega Drive/Genesis system.

I always thought that there was a separate Pal system that did not play North American games. Am I wrong?

I should also note that I'm from Canada and purchased the game locally. I wonder if the packaging and manual had to be the European version due to Canada being a bilingual country (English and French).

??? Thanks for any insights.