Thread: Uncharted 3 (Out Now!)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Young_Machete

Default Uncharted 3 (Out Now!)

Surprised that there hasn't been a topic on this yet. I spent a good amount of time playing the beta the past day and I have to say that I'm liking it better than U2. While the beta can run very unstable, it also runs very smoothly when things are in working order. Naughty Dog has also been very responsive to the user feedback and have updated things a few times since the betas release less than 24hours ago.

So anyone else out there give it a go yet?
    Last edited by exit; 11-01-2011 at 04:22 PM.

Breaking Bad 3x02 - Caballo Sin Nombre

Don't do it...or,do. (shrugs) Custom rank graphic
    On permanent vacation from this bullshit.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FlyingBurrito76
    PSN
    FlyingBurrito76

Downloaded it yesterday with the Duke Nukem Forever demo.

After playing through the Duke Nukem Forever demo I was left with enough ... how do you say .... "gaming frustration" that I felt the need to shut off my PS3 and take a break.

I'll log in to the UC3 beta tonight and give it a go. I have full faith that Naughty Dog will nail it.
    "And the book says: 'We may be through with the past, but the past ain't through with us.'"

ServBot (Level 11) TonyTheTiger's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Messed around with it a bit. No real surprises but that's not even close to a bad thing.

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

I've been playing it for the past three hours and the only problem I see with it is the same exact problem Uncharted 2 had on a rare occasion. Damage lag against playing people with poor connection or maybe a not so poor connection but the player is quite some distance away(Afghanistan, India, UK, etc.) You might put a full clip and they might not die, or you might put enough bullets into them where they should have died, you die, and then they die half a second later displaying they were killed by you.

Gunfire has been redone from Uncharted 2. Pistols and sniper rifles work the same, but with machine guns the shots reach the target instantly, the rate of fire is just slower, rather than taking a half second to reach the target and you can actually see the bullets.

From what I've played though, the airstrip is my favorite of the two stages. I've actually never seen anything like it on a multiplayer game before although there probably has been another similar. With vehicles chasing a plane down the runway, one team starts in the plane, the other starts in the vehicles. After two or three minutes the rest of the match is in a hanger which is still fun.

There is now a free for all deathmatch which Uncharted 2 lacked, and also a hardcore deathmatch which is the exact same as the standard deathmatch but without the boosters and weapon upgrades.
    Last edited by kupomogli; 06-29-2011 at 04:25 PM.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

The multiplayer beta is now at 1.04 and it seems that there are more glitches and it runs less stable than it has before. Atleast one in 10 games lags out at the very beginning, there are a couple matches people are glitching and turn invisible, nowhere around you and will kill you(through a few walls, etc.) I jumped off the top of the building on the second part of the air strip, my character stopped in the air mid jump, his neck was broken and then he fell straight down. I watched the same thing happen to another guy the same match. The one person that game had 14 and zero kill death ratio.

On top of that, there is a new stage. Yemen. Maybe they're trying to attract Call of Duty fans because this stage is nothing but camping for most people. You can play through it without camping, but it's not fun not finding anyone for a minute or two because they're sitting around camping their asses off. You basically have to take the back way to all the camping spots, meaning that you're not going to die, but it's an unenjoyable venture. I don't know about anyone else, but I don't enjoy looking at the same wall for a minute straight until someone happens to either pop their head up or someone runs through the stage. You can basically say that I'm not a fan of Yemen. Pair it with the glitches and bugs and it's even less fun.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Young_Machete

Decided to bump this old thread for the MP beta instead of making a new one.

Picked my copy up today, got the special edition and am glad to see that the promised items aren't complete junk. The Nathan Drake figure is of good quality, with the bandana around his neck and the utility strap being actual pieces, instead of painted on. The gun is also removable, which is good I guess, even tho you can't move his arms or anything. The belt buckle and ring are made of actual metal material, not that I'd actually wear either of them, but I was happy to see that they weren't just cheap pieces of plastic. The game also comes in a nice steel case and it all fits into a "Traveling Chest" (with removable drawers for the ring and buckle and a spot to slip the case in) that's made of be high quality cardboard.

Overall I'm satisfied with it, I've seen some pretty crappy SE's (Arkham Asylum I'm looking at you) and this is definitely one of the better ones.

As for the game itself, I'm sure it was hard for them to match Uncharted 2 and so far it's pretty much on par. They've made some significant changes to some of the game mechanics, such as melee and it may take some getting used to. I'm enjoying the story so far, since it's basically focused on the Nathan and Sully's relationship, which more than makes up for the lack of Sully in Uncharted 2.

Haven't had gotten around to trying the finished Multiplayer modes yet, but can't wait to see what the co-op story mode is all about. Not sure if it's just to play the regular campaign mode, or a whole new story (which would be awesome), but I'll be finding all this out once my friends get off from work.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I really want to try the 3D option in Uncharted 3. I know that most people can't stand 3D, but I've heard that Uncharted 3 is the best use of 3D in a game so far. I just want to see how good it is. I own a plasma that has 3D abilities, and I've watched some 3D Blu Rays and played some 3D games, and it's pretty cool, but nothing super, super amazing, but Uncharted 3 in 3D is supposed to be pretty freaking awesome.

My problem is that I haven't played Uncharted 2 yet. I can't bring myself to start 3 until I play and finish 2 first.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    The Shamemaker
    PSN
    heybtbm
    Steam
    The_Shamemaker

Amazon screwed up somehow and bumped my game from "release date delivery" to "when we get around to it". I'm a Prime member BTW.

I held out playing any of the Uncharted games until this year. I finished 1 and 2 this past May. Amazing games. Can't wait for 3 (hopefully tomorrow).
    "One of the ways I gauge a DS game is by recharges. "...Tycho (Penny Arcade)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Young_Machete

Well I just beat it the game basically in one sitting, which is something I've never done. I'd have to say that it's just as good as the Uncharted 2, I thought the story was great and really made up for what it was lacking. It may be my memory playing tricks on me, but I have to say that the game felt more difficult than the others, but it was a tolerable difficulty that made me want to keep going.

Now that I got the single player out of the way, next up is checking out the multiplayer, which should keep me busy gaming wise for the rest of this year.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

how many hours did the single player take?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    redraid
    PSN
    redraid

Quote Originally Posted by WCP View Post
    how many hours did the single player take?
    I just beat it with a total play time of ten hours and thirty seven minutes. Each minute amazing.
    Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned for Sega. - Brodie Bruce

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I've got to say that after playing through the first 4 chapters of the game it starts off a little slow and the scenes seem to be a little longer than in UC2. However, that doesn't mean it's a bad thing, it only adds to the story and every minute is worth watching.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Amazing game. Already finished normal and finished chapter 11 on hard last night. Uncharted 2 is ever so slightly better because it has more gameplay, but on the story and cinematic gameplay side, Uncharted 3 has much more to offer than either of the other two games.