Thread: My Retro Gaming Setup

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default My Retro Gaming Setup

Hi guys, this is my first post here and I figured I should start it with a tiny introduction as well as pictures of my very humble setup. I just started collecting retro gaming hardware and software this year. For some consoles I still had games for them, like the NES, Sega Saturn etc.

Missing from the pictures are my sega saturn, xbox, gamecube and ps3 (and the games) all of which are back home. (I'm currently studying overseas for a 3 year course)

Reason I started so late is cause I'm a HUGE movie fan and I've been collecting a lot of movie collectibles, if you guys are interested I'll post them some time in the future.

I still have a long way to go in terms of getting all the software that I want but I've pretty much completed my hardware collection. (Although I may have to replace my sega saturn and original xbox soon, both are starting to act up) I don't intend to pick up any other hardware cept for maybe the aiwa sega genesis console. (I'm only collecting hardware that mattered to me when I was young)

Once I finish my course, I'll be moving all my stuff back home and I'll be connecting it to my favourite flatscreen crt aiwa 21 inch tv which has component inputs.

In the pictures you'll see my favourite set of speakers - the cambridge soundworks 5.1 setup which has a dolby digital decoder, my favourite torpedo shaped altec lansing sub, an "xbox" rca (composite) cable selector. The very first version of ps1 which has rca analog outputs. My studio ghibli dvd player, snes, nes, ps2, virtual boy and my gameboy collection. (I have all 6 colours)
    You might also spot my favourite gundam too, the big zam! haha

I'm most proud of of my gameboy collection, having complete boxed versions of most of my favourite games, as well as having them protected in special plastic boxes which I bought off ebay. All 6 gameboys are pretty much mint to near mint condition. Hope you guys like what you see and please do leave comments if there's anything you like/I can improve on.

Pac-Man (Level 10) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Nice set up, I am guessing you are living in a small apartment? I like what I see, but the clutter begs for a bigger space. Welcome and make sure you introduce yourself, the Mods will point you to the introduction topic. Never mind, here it is:
    http://www.digitpress.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5

Insert Coin (Level 0) Badhornet's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Very cool! Welcome to DP!
    The 8 Bit Wonder

Follow me on Twitter: Ataritexas