Thread: DS Lite Touch Screen Problem

Peach (Level 3) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default DS Lite Touch Screen Problem

Hello. I recently replaced the outer case on my dslite. The problem is the bottom touch screen if it sits for a day or so, it becomes unresponsive and I have to recalibrate. And when I do, the upper right square out of the 4 you are suppose to press to finish, it either does nothing or the left top square turns blue. Then I press "ok", start a game and it works fine. Could it be a problem with the lcd screen itself? The screen cover is pretty marked up, could that be a problem. This is the first one I've done, followed the instructions to the tee. Plus the only things I did in changing the shell on the bottom part was take out the bottom part, and unplugged the speakers and mic plug but had no problem putting them back together. It worked fine for a while and just started this recently. Any help or suggestions are greatly appreciated, thanks.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The touchscreen is made up of two separate units. There is an actual LCD screen, and on top (attached by a square of double sided adhesive) of it is the touchscreen digitizer. The digitizer is the part that gets beat up from use.

It could be a variety of things. Based on what you said, here are several things you can try in order of likelihood:

1. Try to re-seat the screen and touchscreen assembly, making sure it's securely in the case frame. The colored outline should be pretty nearly flush with the surrounding outer case.

2. Remove and reinsert the touchscreen ribbon cable, being very gentle, the clamp is very easy to break off of board.

3. I'm not sure if you meant you had a screen protector on, but if so remove or replace it.

4. Replace the touchscreen (if you mean the actual touchscreen is beat up, that can very easily be the problem), they are very cheap, and if you replaced the case, you can do this yourself, too. I sell them on eBay: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=110702096649

Peach (Level 3) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Squeept View Post
    The touchscreen is made up of two separate units. There is an actual LCD screen, and on top (attached by a square of double sided adhesive) of it is the touchscreen digitizer. The digitizer is the part that gets beat up from use.

It could be a variety of things. Based on what you said, here are several things you can try in order of likelihood:

1. Try to re-seat the screen and touchscreen assembly, making sure it's securely in the case frame. The colored outline should be pretty nearly flush with the surrounding outer case.

2. Remove and reinsert the touchscreen ribbon cable, being very gentle, the clamp is very easy to break off of board.

3. I'm not sure if you meant you had a screen protector on, but if so remove or replace it.

4. Replace the touchscreen (if you mean the actual touchscreen is beat up, that can very easily be the problem), they are very cheap, and if you replaced the case, you can do this yourself, too. I sell them on eBay: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=110702096649
    Thanks for the helpful hints. I'll give them a try. Again thanks.