Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Capcom announces Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Can't believe they left megaman out!!! Also thought punisher was a shoe in...

Anybody else wish venom was back?
    Last edited by hellraiser; 08-12-2011 at 02:52 AM.
    I'm the best there is at what I do. But what I do best isn't very nice. -James "Logan" Howlett

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Gatchaman17

this shit could have easily been put into downloadable content. Plus, spectator mode was supposed to have been patched into the original mvc3, but now we would have to pay for it? Capcom basically lied about that.

And also, nobody really cares that much about rocket raccoon or any of those characters, but did it have to have all of those characters forced into a new version? Again, downloadable content.

The only reason why I can think of the way they did what they did, was they wanted to cash in on it. There's less people would pay 40 dollars for an edition of a game; where instead, if they had downloadable packs, they could get whatever money they charged for the "cheaper" content. It doesn't really make sense of the way they did this. I'm not the only one who had this idea. many others feel the same way, reviewers and otherwise.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Cannon Spook
    PSN
    Cannon_Spook

I'm also pretty upset they left Mega Man out. I swear, they've screwed him over horribly this year.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Matt-El View Post
    this shit could have easily been put into downloadable content. Plus, spectator mode was supposed to have been patched into the original mvc3, but now we would have to pay for it? Capcom basically lied about that.

And also, nobody really cares that much about rocket raccoon or any of those characters, but did it have to have all of those characters forced into a new version? Again, downloadable content.

The only reason why I can think of the way they did what they did, was they wanted to cash in on it. There's less people would pay 40 dollars for an edition of a game; where instead, if they had downloadable packs, they could get whatever money they charged for the "cheaper" content. It doesn't really make sense of the way they did this. I'm not the only one who had this idea. many others feel the same way, reviewers and otherwise.
    The Characters they choose seems to be a good match, I like how your automatically assuming nobody cares for any of the characters or that it's just capcom ripping everyone off, I think the reason they are releasing it on a disc is because of the things happening earlier in the year, If it wasn't for the PSN outage and the Earthquake in Japan, I believe we would have seen more characters as DLC instead of a disc.

I don't have a problem with it being on a disc, I think they should have provided the option of DLC which it would have been anywhere from 20-30 dollars.

I know you mentioned that there's many others that feel the same way you do but I don't think it's actually all that many.

"With Great Power Comes Great Responisibility"
    Wanting to Collect full set of Super Nintendo Games as well as Dreamcast Games.

http://users.ign.com/collection/Lothars

Pac-Man (Level 10) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    3DS Friend
    0473-8317-6182

DP Feedback | Game Blog of Awesomeness! | Seeking out these GCN kiosk discs: Jan 2002, 21, 25, & 29

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I don't understand all the hate. If no one bought games like this, then Capcom wouldn't milk it for all its worth.
    Capcom has always milked games for all there worth. 3 itterations of Street Fighter II on SNES? Two for Sega Genesis?

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

You know why Firebrand is in Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3?

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/08/12/ga...rtual-console/
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Releasing a title update less than a year after the first game is pretty bad. I would have been disappointed if I had bought MVC3 at full price.
    UMVC3 looks like it's going to turn out great, though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kupomogli View Post
    You know why Firebrand is in Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3?

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/08/12/ga...rtual-console/
    Awesome! I love the sequel on the NES!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Gatchaman17

Quote Originally Posted by kedawa View Post
    Releasing a title update less than a year after the first game is pretty bad. I would have been disappointed if I had bought MVC3 at full price.
    UMVC3 looks like it's going to turn out great, though.
    I guess that MAY be one reason I totally disagree with a new release. It was less than a year ago that I bought the Special Edition of MVC3, and to be admitting it, I felt kinda ripped off then.

Whatever. Its not like I've played it in forever, so why should I care if there's going to be a new version?

I just know that I'm not buying it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by sidnotcrazy View Post
    Two for Sega Genesis?
    ...Huh. I never knew SSFII was released on the Genny.
    "There is much pleasure to be gained from useless knowledge." --Bertrand Russel (attributed)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by J'orfeaux View Post
    ...Huh. I never knew SSFII was released on the Genny.
    Yeah, they released SF II: Champion Edition, and Super Street Fighter II. I remember because my friends laughed at me for buying every single game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Cannon Spook
    PSN
    Cannon_Spook

I don't know about you guys, but I think Nemesis looks awesome. Right now I plan on making him my point character.

Nemesis/Felicia/Dr Doom

I swear, I was never able to find a stable point character in this game. If Nemesis doesn't work out, hopefully I can find one in another character when it comes out.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I haven't been keeping up with this. Looks like the PW vids hit the Net a week or two ago.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-Eyh4Q_NNI
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-LILhai7IHI
    "There is much pleasure to be gained from useless knowledge." --Bertrand Russel (attributed)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Vlcice

I'm REALLY disappointed with Phoenix Wright. His model is terrible, and while I like the idea of some of his animations (especially the supers) the execution is surprisingly sloppy.

Rocket Raccoon looks amazing though:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4hDjttNGgYA

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    achika
    PSN
    portnoyd

I'm really disappointed with the whole game in general. All these cool characters and they all do the same thing.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Vlcice

Yeah, agreed. That, and the whole releasing it 8 months after the first game, has completely turned me off. Traded off my CE of original MVC3 and I'm not going to buy this one.

Good thing there's so many other great fighters coming soon. Just a few weeks to KOF XIII!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by portnoyd View Post
    I'm really disappointed with the whole game in general. All these cool characters and they all do the same thing.
    Really? They all look unique to me. I would never imagine someone with a style like Wright's or RR's in a fighting game.
    And don't bring up that stupid girlie Aladdin rip off! Shantea?

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    achika
    PSN
    portnoyd

Quote Originally Posted by Famidrive-16 View Post
    Really? They all look unique to me. I would never imagine someone with a style like Wright's or RR's in a fighting game.
    While they look unique, all their moves do the same thing in the end. The game is literally MK3 with its dial-a-combos with a brazillion OTGs and wall bounces thrown in. All the playstyles are exactly the same. They tried to make it unlike MvC2 by making every character balanced by homogenizing them down. Does every character need a lvl 3 autocombo now?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Cannon Spook
    PSN
    Cannon_Spook

I do agree with the majority of what you guys have said, in one way or another.

- I've seen a similar argument on GameFaQs about MvC3's dialup combos. MvC2's combos, and potentially every other Capcom fighting game have more unique combos to each character. While this is true, I still have fun with the game, despite there being a lot of "garbage" in the game, such as Phoenix, Wolverine/Akuma, Wesker, etc... Actually, now that I think about it, it might be the reason I use a pretty unique team, Dante/Felicia/Doom. Dante's combos are like no one else's in MvC3, Felicia is all about silly resets, and Doom's BnB combo is definitely not the standard air magic series.

- I wish the majority of the new characters weren't so...obscure. Sure, hardcore Capcom/Marvel fans are being provided with fan service with oddballs such as Firebrand and Rocket Raccoon, but you figure they would at least throw in characters that would be the "obvious" choice. I figured someone like Cyclops or Psyloche would be added. This is a really picky thing for me to point out as it's very opinion based, but it's just how I feel. Not to mention...I'm one of those Mega Man fans that really pushed for him to be in the game. I grew up with the character; I truly did want him in the game. Hopefully he'll be DLC next year, as its Mega Man's 25th anniversary.

- I also can't wait for KoFXIII It comes out next week. Unfortunately, the people I live near absolutely love MvC3, so I'll be spending a lot of time with that game.

I legitimately might stick with my original team, Dante/Felicia/Doom, because I'm finally starting to understand how this team works, and more importantly, how the game should be played. I'm definitely keeping Felicia and Doom, as they are both being buffed. I'll check out all the new characters, although I have doubts that any of them will end up being my point character. I'm more interested in the buffs to the old characters to be honest, such as Captain America's new OTG Shield Slash and Dormammu's ability to use his powerups in the air.