Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Duncan1800
    PSN
    Duncan1800

Quote Originally Posted by omnedon
    You can get a "HoneyBee" connector that allows japanese MD games to play on any Genny. I have no PAL games to test.

I traded my Japanese MD away when I got the Honeybee. That said, It's quite the sight, my honeybee connected to my 32X which is connected to my Genny, which is connected to my SEGACD.
    I have no Japanese or Euro games, but I'm curious. I've heard you can also get around the lockouts with a Game Genie and the proper code -- this assumes, of course, that all Mega Drive games will fit on the Genie. Are both of my assumptions true?

Duncan
    Active systems owned: Wii, X360, PS3
    Inactive systems owned: RCA, INTV2, NES, SMS, Genesis, Lynx, SNES, Saturn, PS1, GBC, DC, PS2, GBA, Xbox, GC, PSP, DS
    Systems wanted: Coleco, 7800, TG16, GG, 3DS, Vita, WiiU

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I believe so. The only thing keeping a japanese MD game from playing on any genny seems to be cartridge shape. that's it. The NA Genny has a slot with notches, while the japaneses MD has a rectangle. I'm pretty sure my HoneyBee is a straight up pass thru- no real electronics. Therefore, if you pulled the cover off your genny, you could play japanese games. I don't see why a Genie wouldn't work, because it gets you past the notches in the slot.
    ... for your gaming and iPod service needs http://www.oldschoolgamer.com/ For all your Video Game console and iPod upgrade/repair needs!

Pretzel (Level 4) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Duncan1800
    PSN
    Duncan1800

Quote Originally Posted by FABombjoy
    You can use the gun with the power base converter no problem. The buttons map to B & C (I think). The PBC works only with the style 1 Genesis. It probably would work with the Genesis 2, but it won't fit. It also works with the CDX.
    If you don't mind cutting off part of the PBC's rear section, it'll fit on the later Genesis consoles.

Luckily, I have the original style -- but now I can't find a front-loader Sega CD to match it...

Duncan
    Active systems owned: Wii, X360, PS3
    Inactive systems owned: RCA, INTV2, NES, SMS, Genesis, Lynx, SNES, Saturn, PS1, GBC, DC, PS2, GBA, Xbox, GC, PSP, DS
    Systems wanted: Coleco, 7800, TG16, GG, 3DS, Vita, WiiU

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Zenith Mod

I think have been getting the same problem that Zenith TV’s get on my Toshiba 65NH84 that I just purchased. I have tried a Genesis 1, Genesis 2 using RF switch, and JVC X-Eye using composite video. They all do the same thing except when I hook up a Genesis to my VCR on channel 4 and then set my TV to channel 3, but the picture quality is crap.
    I was wondering if anyone attempted modifying JVC X-Eye, tried using some type of video converter, or a S-VHS VCR with S-Video outputs. I would be grateful for any help.