Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Genesis 1 VS Genesis 2 VS Genesis 3 (compatibility with acce

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I thought the Genesis 2 and 3 only were able to output mono sound? I have MONAURAL A/V cables for the unit... So does this cable you have available actually output stereo sound or is it going to be no different than me using a Y-Connector so that the same signal goes into both L and R speakers and not just one....

I might want this, if it's actually true. I just thought it was just mono sound and that's it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

BUMP for 'cables'!

As far as my Genesis 2 (model MK-1631) goes...I bought it at a Funcoland about 5 years ago.

The stereo composite cables they gave me didn't fit into the plug on the system. I bought a Performance brand RF switch, and it fit....but had awful color waves going back and forth from the screen. I bought a Sega brand rf switch (model MK - 80106, NTSC-M(VA) not sure what the latter part means)and it wouldn't fit into the plug. Then I tried a mono composite cable that was with the Genesis 3 and it fit.

Does any of this make sense? Should that RF switch fit into the Genesis 2? I could try and hammer it (literally) into the plug...but I still don't think it'd work. I tried shoving it in as hard as I could, but it still didn't fit in enough. Yes, I have the arrows right. Don't understand the problem here.

Also, something I've wondered about as far as I've had my Genesis (and I think my Genesis 3s)....do all games for this system (or system itself) tend to show a kind of lineated look on the screen? Like the screen is drawn vertically...don't know how to say. Pictures don't seem solid, they tend to have this vertical lines look. Not exactly like dot matrix...

I busted out the system last night. I remember what I didn't like about many of the games. Good number of the arcade ports have really rigid /awkward punch/kick action and the play control is awful. Example...Double Dragon 3: The Arcade Game, Altered Beast.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

pm sent Manimal
    ... for your gaming and iPod service needs http://www.oldschoolgamer.com/ For all your Video Game console and iPod upgrade/repair needs!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

New Master System/Mark III to Genesis convertors can be bought from Lik Sang.

http://www.lik-sang.com/info.php?cat...ducts_id=3213&