Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: SM's Top 100 NES/Famicom games

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Satoshi_Matrix

Of course, the list is the top 100 games that appeal to me personally. It isn't a definitive list because there can be no such thing. To me, while I like most of the games you mentioned, there were simply games I liked more.

As I've said on the offset of each part, the NES and Famicom saw over two thousand releases worldwide. Narrowing that number down to even 500 worthy games is tricky, so you begin to see the problem of limiting it just to the top 100. My top 100 very likely is shaped different than most people's, and once you accept that you can appreciate it for what it is. The only thing I can say about my list is that I explain my reasons and stand by them. You are completely free to disagree and arrange your own top 100. In fact, I'd love to read it myself if you can back up your reasoning and give the level of detail I have.
    check out my classic gaming review site: http://satoshimatrix.wordpress.com/

Strawberry (Level 2) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

That leads to something I had in mind. You could make several Top 100 lists shaped a certain way. As we both can see, it's too difficult to try to simply make a "best" list, so focusing on certain areas more than others will produce different lists. As I mentioned Zanac we could look at what are the best crafted titles; what games show some amazing work from the programmers that show what the console can do. Crisis Force definitely pushes the FC hard graphically. I did play that cart before and I could feel the FC straining on that game. Such a list could expand into a demonstration of the variety of games that had special hardware enhancements. Akumajou Densetsu, Lagrange Point, Battle Formula...

Games like Dragon Quest and Fire Emblem I haven't played before, and there would be many other examples of things I never played, so to make a list myself would be.. rather hard.

The idea is neat. I may bring this up with my friend with whom we made that list of games that weren't mentioned in your list. Could be interesting.

If I did make one, I'd mix up what gets thrown in there and give a special reason to why each title was chosen. I couldn't, however, make the ensemble as a "Top 100" but more like "100 titles you have to experience". Probably an interesting way to encompass the wonders of the Famicom realm.

Nevertheless this presented list was cool and had some nice surprises with a fantastic amount of depth.
    Last edited by FoxNtd; 03-20-2012 at 02:43 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Satoshi_Matrix
    check out my classic gaming review site: http://satoshimatrix.wordpress.com/