Great Puma (Level 12) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Gapporin

Default Rock of the Dead (360)

Anybody pick this up on a whim and try it?

If I had to generalize my girlfriend's gaming habits, it would include a) zombies, and b) rhythm games. So this title seems tailor made for her. IGN gave it a 5 and GameRankings gave it an average score of 51%, which isn't being too kindly. And to be honest, I'm not expecting Fallout 3, or heck, even the first Rock Band. I was just wondering if anybody here had any first-hand experience with it. Thanks!
    "I am a cipher, wrapped in an enigma, smothered in secret sauce."

I can has MOAR DS? Custom rank graphic
    Bay Area, Ca | 2125 miles from Chicagoland
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    PapaStu

I saw this just after release at Frys. Saw that it had Felicia Day and NPH doing voice work + Rob Zombie music and thought why not.

I didn't get it then for whatever reason. I did get it a few months ago. Cracked it open when a friend was over. It's..... umm 'interesting'.

The story is stupid (as to be expected) and your goal is to get across town to your trapped girlfriend. You start out in your trailer park and it just goes downhill from there.

My biggest issue with the game is well.... playing it. I only did Co-Op (so Single Player may be a little different) but you get through this on-rails game by hitting some notes to kill the baddies. The problem is that it's not just 'A' zombie on the screen. There are 5, so when you've hit R R Y and killed the first one, you don't know which one will be getting you next, which isn't necessarily the closest one. It's compounded when you're doing Co-Op and you're both killing the same baddie, and it's jumping about quite a bit. It's really hard to keep up.

Giving it a 5 is generous. It's a game that i've played that ONE time. I've not gone back and don't think that I will... unless I want to torture someone.
    Because it makes no attempt to be great, it is therefore extremely great.
    Some of My Game Collection
    Mah Mac n' Cheese Blog

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I really wanted to like this one, but I'm glad i waited till it was cheap. Interesting idea with a campy story, but poorly executed.
    Check out www.videogameconsolelibrary.com for all of your console review needs!