Thread: Gamestop removing PC Deus Ex contents

I can't change my avatar. Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    YaoIsGod

What would have happened if the Onlive code was on the same insert as a DLC code? Hmmmm?????
    Like free stuff? I have earned hundreds of dollars in free Amazon gift cards through Swagbucks. Check it out here! Earn 3000 points and I will give you FREE shipping the next time you buy from me!
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/Porksta

ServBot (Level 11) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Steam
    calthaer

The biggest shocker here on this thread for me is not this deal about the coupon codes - it's that some people are still buying their games from Gamestop at all. Who didn't see this coming 5+ years ago when they started selling used (because the employees took the game home to play it) or opened copies as new?
    You are startled by a grim snarl. Before you, you see 1 Red dragon. Will your stalwart band choose to (F)ight or (R)un?

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by calthaer View Post
    The biggest shocker here on this thread for me is not this deal about the coupon codes - it's that some people are still buying their games from Gamestop at all. Who didn't see this coming 5+ years ago when they started selling used (because the employees took the game home to play it) or opened copies as new?
    You know what was a huge shock to me -- I listed a bunch of NES games on eBay as "new" last year because they were, you know, "new". IE unopened, unplayed, brand spanking new. I got probably 50 questions asking if I meant that they were new, or if they were unopened. A few of them explained to me that new games are opened, unplayed games, while unopened games are still sealed.

To me, that crap doesn't fly. I stop in at GameStops now probably three times a year. I did order a bunch when they cleared out their GBA games (I never got into that system, and the games I wanted were all still too pricy for me until then), and I ended up with a bunch of cartridges with either no labels, or that look like dogs ate them.

That was my final straw. Even getting games extremely cheap doesn't make up for the fact that they are gross to look at and I cannot resell them because no one wants games that were clearly in something (or someone's) mouth.

But, GameStop takes them.

Amazon for me.
    Dan Loosen
    http://www.goatstore.com/ - http://www.midwestgamingclassic.com/
    ** Trying to finish up an overly complete Dreamcast collection... want to help? (Updated 5/3/10!) http://www.digitpress.com/forum/showthread.php?t=61333

Pac-Man (Level 10) vintagegamecrazy's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

http://games.yahoo.com/blogs/plugged...234821510.html

This appeared on Yahoo's front page now too. Not looking good for GS. Here's the quote of the year from somewhere in the comments section.

Quote Originally Posted by Yahoo Comment
    Anyone who deals with GameStop for any reason is asking for anal sex without the gel.
    If they made a movie out of your top five worst sins, what would it be rated?

Check out my list of trades on GameTZ Link

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm pretty sure this is illegal. This is like a store that sells mp3 players taking out the included earbuds because they want you to buy their headphones. Gamestop is preying on consumer ignorance about what is supposed to be included in the package. Now that this has been publicized, I hope they get a flood of returns.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by j_factor View Post
    Gamestop is preying on consumer ignorance... Now that this has been publicized, I hope they get a flood of returns.
    I hope so too, but if GameStop's shady tactics haven't hurt it in the past, I doubt it'll start now.

OCP Corporate Liason Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    RAGNAR0K N ROLL
    PSN
    ROBOCOP2

I feel that I should clarify what I was saying originally. I'm not saying that what they're doing is right in any way. More of a devil's advocate situation. Though I do somewhat blame Squenix for dropping the coupon in without notifying them it would be there. Given GameStop's track record I could see the logic behind their actions. Right? hardly but understandable given the source? Absolutely.

It certainly doesn't make me like them any more quite the contrary. Recently I've discovered that Amazon is really quite superior after actually using them a bit more frequently.
    Last edited by Robocop2; 08-25-2011 at 01:10 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by bangtango View Post
    If you have trouble figuring out the meaning of "Multiplayer", "Time Trial" or "Campaign" without the manual, I probably don't want you doing my income taxes for me and I don't want you dating my daughter either.

Strawberry (Level 2) misfits859's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

How anyone defend what Gamestop has done here is a mystery to me and I buy games from them regularly so I am certainly not a Gamestop hater.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Just one more reason why I never shop there.