Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How do you store your GB/GBC/GBA games?

Super Moderator Moderator
    Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by skaar View Post
    I used to store my original Gameboy games in hard plastic cases that were intended for collectible card games.
    That's what I do for loose GB and GBC carts. GB in the plastic shells are in a nice little green box (my mom works at a greenhouse/nursery with a somewhat high-end gift department, so I end up with tons of fancy gift boxes in all sorts of small sizes). GBA games I keep in a Q-tips vanity box. For some reason, I just like those little plastic tubs: http://www.globalpackagegallery.com/...e/other/qtips/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Intec made these case that can either hold 2 GBA games or 1 GBC game (though it's not quite as snug).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

I've posted this before - but it is pretty neat:

http://i372.photobucket.com/albums/o...g?t=1232305934

I only have one unfortunately.

The rest of my gameboys and gameboy colors live in a really big wooden cigar box arranged in three levels (face up) on the bottom level and two levels deep on a lift out tray. (I don't have boxes for most of these - I do have manuals for everything except Amazing tater).

I have boxes for all of the gameboy advances and they live in the boxes on a shelf.
    When I come home from a long day in Hell, there's nothing I'd rather reach for than a fire-brewed bottle of Styx Beer. Made from the filthiest waters from our own River Styx. Styx Beer is a third more toxic than any other regular beer. The worst beer - the filthiest beer - the deadliest beer. It's Styx Beer!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'll also chime in as using DS cases with printouts from TheCoverProject. You can fit GameBoy/GameBoy Color Games in there as well, it just requires a bit of modification to the case. They look totally badass all lined up on a shelf too.

Strawberry (Level 2) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Natty Bumppo View Post
    I've posted this before - but it is pretty neat:

http://i372.photobucket.com/albums/o...g?t=1232305934

I only have one unfortunately.

The rest of my gameboys and gameboy colors live in a really big wooden cigar box arranged in three levels (face up) on the bottom level and two levels deep on a lift out tray. (I don't have boxes for most of these - I do have manuals for everything except Amazing tater).

I have boxes for all of the gameboy advances and they live in the boxes on a shelf.
    That display unit is awesome. Is that a clear plastic swivel door on the front?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Thanks - i am really fond of this piece.

Yeah - there is a plastic lid over the games that swings out. The solid part on the left also swings out and uncovers a storage space for manuals (just the smaller dimension ones).

The legs can also be taken off and there are two holes in the back so it could be hung on a wall.
    When I come home from a long day in Hell, there's nothing I'd rather reach for than a fire-brewed bottle of Styx Beer. Made from the filthiest waters from our own River Styx. Styx Beer is a third more toxic than any other regular beer. The worst beer - the filthiest beer - the deadliest beer. It's Styx Beer!

Pac-Man (Level 10) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    PSN
    buzz_retro64

I keep most of my GBA games in an official blue GBA game binder. Each game has its own pouch that is zip locked. Some in third party single cases. Most GB games I have in official GB plastic clam shell cases.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Oh wow, I'd forgotten about that Game Boy display case thing for probably 15 years. I can't remember if ever I saw one in person or in a catalog but those always looked really awesome to me.

Doesn't seem like the kind of thing people would keep around either, probably quite hard to find today.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Boltorano View Post
    Oh wow, I'd forgotten about that Game Boy display case thing for probably 15 years. I can't remember if ever I saw one in person or in a catalog but those always looked really awesome to me.

Doesn't seem like the kind of thing people would keep around either, probably quite hard to find today.
    I have never seen another one anywhere else - I bought it at one of those electronic clearance sales in Denver awhile ago - sometime between 1994 and 2000 to the best of my recollection. Someone on these boards in Europe said they also have one - they have an index card of some sort it came with and I have a paper insert that shows some games in the case - including one called "Doomsayer" that (as far as I can tell) was never released.

http://i372.photobucket.com/albums/o...g?t=1232305807

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    RottenToTheGore
    PSN
    TheSuperSadist

I use something like this http://onetruelovevintage.com/img/in...tem_80_l.jpg?7

I'm able to have a few rows of carts in each, and just flip through them to find what I want.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oobgarm
    Hello VACRMH, you have just received 666 Meseta from Oobgarm.
    The following comment was made: HAIL SATAN

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have been printing covers for mine and putting them in DS case's I modify. I have been getting the covers off of the cover project site. There are a few covers I need that are not on there yet though.

I have also put my NGPC carts in DS cases as well. I am considering putting my Lynx carts in them as well as I find more DS cases.

Great Puma (Level 12) bangtango's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Plastic cases for the games and I store my entire library (GB/GBC/GBA) in a large original GB case. Have somewhere in the neighborhood of 30 games after my most recent purge. Also have one each of all the GB systems (that I know of), minus the Micro and JPN-GB Light, stored in separate cases.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

For the ones I still have the original boxes for, those stay there. Loose ones go in the Gameboy plastic cases, I found a place online a few years ago that make them.

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I use a large D-ring binder and those 9 section plastic sheets used for baseball cards. A GB/GBC cart slides right in and is held rather snug. They just store on a standard bookshelf like any binder, and its handy to just toss the binder into a bag or backpack for travel. If you keep GBA carts in them though, don't turn the binder upside down, or they can spill out.
    -Dobie
    NES, SNES, & Gameboy Collector