I hopped on my xbox this afternoon after not playing it for awhile

and i flipped through the XBLA games see if anything new got released and saw this

i was a big fan of

as i love love history.
so i downloaded the sequel (cold war)

I am also surprised no one has ever talked about these wonderful gems

So I will talk about them

First up being the original

Toy Soldiers
Released in February of 2010
This game was a game that brought your inner child hood out. and also introduced you a era long forgotten with music and art and style. As a very simple Strategy game you use classic british toy soldiers to go into battle against the german toy soldiers set in a WWI setting (kinda fresh for war time games imo).
The object of the game was you were suppose to keep the enemy from advancing into your toy box on your side allowing them to take over
You set up on designated spots your choice of anti air craft gunners, canons, machine gunners, and mortar launchers and more.
Also using fencing to keep the enemy away.
The enemy would consist of foot soldiers, soldiers on horses, trucks, tanks of different styles and sizes, biplanes, Zeppelin bombers, and other air craft.
Then there would be from time to time bosses that looked like they were pulled out Military Top Secret Weapon designs of the era (3 story tank with multiple guns all over and unloading dock for normal tanks to exit out just to name a example).

You were also given tanks and planes to drive around to try and help your soldiers hold the enemy back!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KBTvnJlRxI4
also this game has 2 DLC's
"Kaisers Battle" (where you get to play with the french!)
and "Invasion" (battle straight out of a 50's Scifi film.. You vs Aliens invading earth!!"

Released just recently is its sequel. Toy Soldiers: Cold War
Setup the exact same way but set in the 80s during the cold war era. And now including new mini games and features and also allowing you to kick some ass as a rambo like charecter that you summon at random kinda like a power up
its just you as the americans vs the russians... Let the kenny loggins kick in. put on some aviators. and a mullet and kick some ass

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VtLYgugsAhA