Pretzel (Level 4) substantial_snake's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Insanity2546

Default Sonic Generations CE looks SWEET!...for UK and AU :(

I am pretty psyched for Sonic Generations at this point and was waiting for an official announcement for some sort of special edition to go with this game. As an old fan who was recently bitten by the sonic bug again this collection looks like a great package..with the only problem being a UK and Australia exclusive release as of now.

So nice in fact that I'm considering importing a copy if no comparable or US release is announced. Any decent UK retailers to import from?

http://blogs.sega.com/2011/09/07/cel...0%99s-edition/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

No idea but i'm interested in this too.

Insert Coin (Level 0) Gaara_Of_the_Sand's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

seconded

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Call it a "hunch," but Sega won't completely ignore us. Mark my words...
    I don't want you to hate me, I want you to want to hate me - GamersUniteMagazine.com

Objection! Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I hope you're right. I was among the drooling until I saw it was UK/AU only. Then I thought about how much it would be to import and the drooling ceased, replaced by groaning. I hope Sega has something cool up their sleeves for us in America who still love them and other colorful, happy games.
    Serving the retrogaming community since March 2005

DP feedback: +47(!), no negatives
    can be found here: http://www.digitpress.com/forum/showthread.php?t=66092

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Nebagram
    PSN
    Nebagram

There isn't a single thing in hell that'll stop me picking up the CE on launch day- it looks like the best thing since the LE of Sonic Adventure 2.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Sonic games have nothing but disappoint in recent years. I hope Sonic Generations is different.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Insanity2546

Hey for anyone is interested I pre ordered my copy from this site:

Xbox360 Edition

PS3 Edition

I tried going through Amazon.co.uk but they aren't shipping to the states for this item so unless you know someone willing to be a middle man for you this is the best shot I found.

If they end up releasing something comparable or better in the states then I'll just end up canceling my order through this company but I have a feeling that Sega of America is going to give us the shaft on this. The mark up ended up being 170 instead of 120 (UK pricing without shipping) which is a lot..but I am really digging this whole package and did not want to get left outta this.

Update: And as I was typing this I got an email on my phone saying they were already sold out..so I guess if/when they get more those links will be useful. Soo..I am really glad I got my order in earlier today. lol

Strawberry (Level 2) pixelsnpolygons's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

PAL regions getting something cool and exclusive? Almost unheard of. I really want that Sonic statue/figure that comes with the package. Too cool.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by substantial_snake View Post

Xbox360 Edition

PS3 Edition

I tried going through Amazon.co.uk but they aren't shipping to the states for this item so unless you know someone willing to be a middle man for you this is the best shot I found.

If they end up releasing something comparable or better in the states then I'll just end up canceling my order through this company but I have a feeling that Sega of America is going to give us the shaft on this. The mark up ended up being 170 instead of 120 (UK pricing without shipping) which is a lot..but I am really digging this whole package and did not want to get left outta this.

Update: And as I was typing this I got an email on my phone saying they were already sold out..so I guess if/when they get more those links will be useful. Soo..I am really glad I got my order in earlier today. lol
    I've never heard of that site and I have imported a number of PAL games over the past decade or so from many different vendors. Be aware that many vendors do not use sturdy packaging when they ship internationally and I have seen more than a few really nice limited editions end up dented, crushed and broken. It is very likely that a number of UK based retailers who do ship to the US will stock it, so I don't think it's necessary to panic and overpay for this just yet. Frankly, I suspect we will get something similar given the strong outpouring on the Sega blog site this afternoon to the European/Australian exclusive nature of the release.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Insanity2546

Thanks for the warning, I'll see if I can work something out with the distributor around release date. I ordered through this company because it was the only one I was aware of that was shipping to the states, the only other being amazon.co.uk and they weren't accepting US addresses for shipping. If something comparable is released in the states then I'll drop the preorder and order it here although again I have a feeling that if we do get a special edition it will pale in comparison like quite a few other games lately. I see nothing panicked about it.

I would be more then happy to eat those words if we do get a really sweet special edition of Generations in the states.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    theclaw135
    PSN
    Eonclaw

That's pretty good. Sonic collectibles don't really fit into the theme I'm going for, still awesome.
    Lum fan.

Banana (Level 7) segagamer4life's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by substantial_snake View Post

Xbox360 Edition

PS3 Edition

thank you, I was looking for a potential way to get this, too bad its sold out, I would really like to add this to my collection.
    To be this good takes AGES

To be this great takes SEGA!!

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by pixelsnpolygons View Post
    PAL regions getting something cool and exclusive? Almost unheard of. I really want that Sonic statue/figure that comes with the package. Too cool.
    This is sarcasm right? It's like Japan went. "Sorry for screwing you PAL gamers over for so long, time for America. Japan doesn't get screwed over. We get all the awesome collector's editions."
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Vlcice

Quote Originally Posted by kupomogli View Post
    This is sarcasm right? It's like Japan went. "Sorry for screwing you PAL gamers over for so long, time for America. Japan doesn't get screwed over. We get all the awesome collector's editions."
    Sega has always been more popular in Europe, and Sonic is much more popular over there. It dates back to when Sega was #1 with the SMS and Mega Drive. This really isn't a surprise. Remember how Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection got that great PAL-only collectors edition?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Vlcice

Edit: double post

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm interested in the game but not the CE, atleast not until it's on clearance somewhere for a much more affordable price.
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P
    Quote Originally Posted by THE 1 2 P
    Why? Once you've seen one partially-exposed butthole you've seen them all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Insanity2546

Quote Originally Posted by segagamer4life View Post
    thank you, I was looking for a potential way to get this, too bad its sold out, I would really like to add this to my collection.
    If your still intent on finding a way to snag a copy checkout this [Link] for a few other options. Its an open thread on the Sonic Retro forums and it seems that some people are willing to act as a go-between for UK importing along with another few sites that support international shipping. Just check the last 5-10 pages or so of that topic and you should find a way.