Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Digital Press
    PSN
    digitalpress

Exclamation NAVA Gamer's Meeting, September 24th: "Twenty Years Later"

NAVA = North Atlantic Videogame Aficionados. This is a FREE event bringing gamers together for competition, trading, and chatter.

Previously at NAVA...
    - A new arcade cabinet was unveiled: the "DP Daphne", a multi-game cabinet that plays laserdisc arcade titles such as Dragon's Lair, Space Ace, Cliff Hanger and more.
    - The 6pm tournament, "Saturn Shuffle" featured a dozen different Japan-only games. The final round was a marathon won by Bob.
    - The arcade challenge was "Kid no hore hire Daisakusen", the Japanese version of Cratermaze, won by Bryan.
    - Daria watched some young boys.
    - Games and systems traded hands between attendees who brought their own trade boxes.

Pictures tell it best!
    http://www.digitpress.com/images/store/

September 2011 marks the 20 year anniversary of Digital Press. If you're only familiar with the store then you missed the organization's previous 14 years of history. Let some of the old-timers tell you the stories of publishing, conventions, and shenanigans. We'll be GIVING AWAY reproductions of the very first issue of Digital Press, published in September of 1991. We'll also launch the 71st issue of this now 20-year running 'zine, a 40-page extravaganza (available for just $3). We will set up the systems we were playing in September 1991 including Neo-Geo, Sega Genesis and yup, Atari 2600. Don't forget to check out the mini-museum in the back if you were unaware of this organization's rich history.

Tournament! Our very first issue of Digital Press featured our impressions of the brand new Neo-Geo game system. As such, we will be holding a Neo-Geo tournament at 6pm. Details will be revealed on game day but expect one of the early fighting games to take center stage. Sign up at 5pm, the tournament starts around 6 and is FREE to join.

Arcade challenge! Surely the most popular game of 1991 was Capcom's Street Fighter II: The World Warrior. So we're going to set it up on HARD and see who walks away with the highest score on the day. The person who logs in the highest score on our arcade cabinet by 8pm will get a $20 gift certificate for the Digital Press store and will be added to the "House Champion" tournament plaque on the Wall of Fame just above the arcade section of the store. Arcade challenge games are set to FREE PLAY all day. Get your practicing in now!

Get your trade boxes in order and remember to wear your NAVA t-shirt to get the maximum discount on purchases... it's NAVA time!

RSVP (optional): http://www.facebook.com/digitpress#!...ress?sk=events
    When: Saturday, September 24th, 3pm to midnight.
    Where: Digital Press Videogames: http://tinyurl.com/yscakm
    What happens: Gaming, trading, tournaments, big prizes! Extra game stations are set up around the store. Attendance is FREE. Half price for kids!
    What can I bring?: Snacks, soda and beer are always appreciated. Cakes have been very popular as well.

The Gentleman Thief Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    PSN
    BalooDP
    Steam
    baloorj

This is one NAVA I'm definitely going to try to make!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    DKTheArcadeRat

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    This is one NAVA I'm definitely going to try to make!
    ^ I'll most likely be there, driving this jerk.
    Quote Originally Posted by garagesaleking!! View Post
    ebay is the only way to price things in my opinion.
    Quote Originally Posted by garagesaleking!! View Post
    i was like nice parenting, what are you my therapist, take a walk

Yo Joe! Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    ladyjaye75
    PSN
    ladyjaye75

Will the webcam be on during the NAVA? I might join you guys via Skype for a bit of celebration.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I know it's a bit late, but is anyone interested in a complete 5200 collection (complete means domestically released games, at the time the system was available)? They games are in various states of completeness, and so far in my testing I can't get Wizard of Wor to work. I have about 6 stock controllers that don't all work (mostly buttons), and 3 Wico joysticks that work for some games but not others (I have the Y adapters but not the keypads). I also have a 2600 converter that I haven't tested yet, and the 5200 itself is a 2 port. I have a 4 port but I'm not sure where it is, or if it works (I don't have the power supply/RF switch thingy). Serious cash buyers only please. I would rather sell it all at once, and I don't really want to ship it. I just want to know if I should lug all this stuff with me or not.

Also, I am seriously considering selling my Lynx stuff. I have a boxed Lynx 2 and a carrying case, and these games (most are complete):
    Awesome Golf
    Blockout
    Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure
    Chip's Challenge
    Crystal Mines 2
    Gates Of Zendocon
    Gauntlet
    Hydra
    Ishido
    Joust
    Klax
    Kung Food
    Ms. Pac-Man
    Paperboy
    Pinball Jam
    Pit Fighter
    Power Factor
    Rampart
    Road Blasters
    Robotron 2084
    Rygar
    Shadow Of The Beast
    Shanghai
    Steel Talons
    S.T.U.N. Runner
    Super Skweek
    Switchblade 2
    Todd's Adventures In Slime World
    Toki
    Tournament Cyberball
    Xybots

If I do sell this, I would like to sell it as a whole like the 5200 stuff. I may change my mind though. If anyone is interested please PM me before 11 am EST Saturday. Thanks!
    "Where my finger goes is none of your goddamn business." -Metropolisforever

"my house is burning down as I type this because of a Sega AC adapter" -Oobgarm

classicus carnivorous
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Digital Press
    PSN
    digitalpress

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Jaye View Post
    Will the webcam be on during the NAVA? I might join you guys via Skype for a bit of celebration.
    It will but I have no idea how ustream interacts with Skype. I do have a separate webcam though, I'll try to have my Skype account running separately.

Don't do it...or,do. (shrugs) Custom rank graphic
    On permanent vacation from this bullshit.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FlyingBurrito76
    PSN
    FlyingBurrito76

Quote Originally Posted by fergojisan View Post
    I know it's a bit late, but is anyone interested in a complete 5200 collection (complete means domestically released games, at the time the system was available)? They games are in various states of completeness, and so far in my testing I can't get Wizard of Wor to work. I have about 6 stock controllers that don't all work (mostly buttons), and 3 Wico joysticks that work for some games but not others (I have the Y adapters but not the keypads). I also have a 2600 converter that I haven't tested yet, and the 5200 itself is a 2 port. I have a 4 port but I'm not sure where it is, or if it works (I don't have the power supply/RF switch thingy). Serious cash buyers only please. I would rather sell it all at once, and I don't really want to ship it. I just want to know if I should lug all this stuff with me or not.

Also, I am seriously considering selling my Lynx stuff. I have a boxed Lynx 2 and a carrying case, and these games (most are complete):
    Awesome Golf
    Blockout
    Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure
    Chip's Challenge
    Crystal Mines 2
    Gates Of Zendocon
    Gauntlet
    Hydra
    Ishido
    Joust
    Klax
    Kung Food
    Ms. Pac-Man
    Paperboy
    Pinball Jam
    Pit Fighter
    Power Factor
    Rampart
    Road Blasters
    Robotron 2084
    Rygar
    Shadow Of The Beast
    Shanghai
    Steel Talons
    S.T.U.N. Runner
    Super Skweek
    Switchblade 2
    Todd's Adventures In Slime World
    Toki
    Tournament Cyberball
    Xybots

If I do sell this, I would like to sell it as a whole like the 5200 stuff. I may change my mind though. If anyone is interested please PM me before 11 am EST Saturday. Thanks!
    Anybody who passes up that LYNX lot is a fool.

If I didn't already own two LYNX 2s and all of those games I'd buy it in a heartbeat!

LYNX FTW!
    "And the book says: 'We may be through with the past, but the past ain't through with us.'"