View Poll Results: Would You Want a Super Mario All-Stars-style Castlevania Anthology for PS2?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

14 70.00%
  • No

6 30.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Konami NES Games Ported to PS2 and Other Modern Systems?

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default Konami NES Games Ported to PS2 and Other Modern Systems?

Which Konami games released for the NES and Super NES, among others, were also ported to such modern systems as the Sony PS2?

What I'd like to see in the near-future, among others, is:
    *A compilation of Castlevania a la Super Mario All-Stars and Mega Man: The Wily Wars (in other words: the first three Castlevania titles for NES: 1987's Castlevania, 1988's Castlevania II: Simon's Quest and 1990's Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse, all seen souped-up to at least Super NES 16-bit-style graphics a la Super Castlevania IV and the Sega Genesis title Castlevania Bloodlines).

Thank you,

Ben (ColecoFan1981)
    Last edited by ColecoFan1981; 09-11-2011 at 05:02 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ColecoFan1981 View Post
    Which Konami games released for the NES and Super NES, among others, were also ported to such modern systems as the Sony PS2?

What I'd like to see in the near-future, among others, is:
    *A compilation of Castlevania a la Super Mario All-Stars and Mega Man: The Wily Wars (in other words: the first three Castlevania titles for NES: 1987's Castlevania, 1988's Castlevania II: Simon's Quest and 1990's Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse, all seen souped-up to at least Super NES 16-bit-style graphics a la Super Castlevania IV and the Sega Genesis title Castlevania Bloodlines).

Thank you,

Ben (ColecoFan1981)
    I guess I don't fully understand your question. Would I want to see these ported to PS2? No. PS3? Sure.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by stargate View Post
    I guess I don't fully understand your question. Would I want to see these ported to PS2? No. PS3? Sure.
    My point is, yes, I would like to see a PS3 port of this. However, this also raises the question: why did they not bother to do this during the time of the Super NES in the early/mid 1990s, huh?

However, it seems we Americans had never seen the likes of Jackal and Blades of Steel and Stinger souped-up to 16-bit and beyond, but rather only the Japanese.

~Ben

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ColecoFan1981 View Post
    My point is, yes, I would like to see a PS3 port of this. However, this also raises the question: why did they not bother to do this during the time of the Super NES in the early/mid 1990s, huh?

However, it seems we Americans had never seen the likes of Jackal and Blades of Steel and Stinger souped-up to 16-bit and beyond, but rather only the Japanese.

~Ben
    True, we seem to get screwed out of a lot of things in the U.S. game wise.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by stargate View Post
    True, we seem to get screwed out of a lot of things in the U.S. game wise.
    My point further is this: The Castlevania Chronicles title for the original PS is not (and I boldened the term to make a strong emphasis) what many of us came to expect: it was not a true anthology title in the vein of Super Mario All-Stars or Mega Man: The Wily Wars, but rather a reworking of a version of the Japanese Akumajou Dracula originally exclusively released for the Sharp X68000 computer.

~Ben
    Last edited by ColecoFan1981; 09-11-2011 at 07:34 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It won't be ported to the PS2 because the only games which are released for that console today are budget shovelware and Fifa/Madden.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yeah, why just PS2? If they did it kinda like Sonic's Genesis Collection on the PS360, that would be pretty neat. Either that, or like the Megaman collections on the Gamecube/PS2 with all the extras and such.

As an aside, it would be pretty neat to have interviews with staff from the various games, or some sort of retrospective feature included as an extra. Wishlisting, right?

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Loremaster View Post
    Yeah, why just PS2? If they did it kinda like Sonic's Genesis Collection on the PS360, that would be pretty neat. Either that, or like the Megaman collections on the Gamecube/PS2 with all the extras and such.

As an aside, it would be pretty neat to have interviews with staff from the various games, or some sort of retrospective feature included as an extra. Wishlisting, right?
    Yes, I would be for that if they modeled it like the Genesis Collection. And also like Konami's numerous Arcade Classics anthologies for Game Boy Advance, PS1 and other systems.

I wonder if we Americans are interested in seeing Wai Wai World?

~Ben

Super Moderator Moderator
    Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

I'd be interested in Wai Wai World, but 99.999999% of American gamers would have no idea what it is nor would they care.

I'm glad that Chronicles is what is is. Better to get a game that practically no one would have access to outside of emulation (since, really, even the most diehard of us collectors don't tend to buy Japanese PCs), rather than ports/remakes of a bunch of games we can easy get.

It still would be pretty neat, I suppose, but I'd be worried that they'd muck it up. They've done a lot of things to rape the Castlevania series in the past decade.

One thing that is a bummer, though, is that only Europe got those colorized collections of Konami Game Boy games. I imported one of them (I wanted TwinBee Da! and the only English version of the first Game Boy Goemon was a nice bonus), but I'd love to get the ones with the Castlevania games too.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie2B View Post
    I'd be interested in Wai Wai World, but 99.999999% of American gamers would have no idea what it is nor would they care.

I'm glad that Chronicles is what is is. Better to get a game that practically no one would have access to outside of emulation (since, really, even the most diehard of us collectors don't tend to buy Japanese PCs), rather than ports/remakes of a bunch of games we can easy get.

It still would be pretty neat, I suppose, but I'd be worried that they'd muck it up. They've done a lot of things to rape the Castlevania series in the past decade.

One thing that is a bummer, though, is that only Europe got those colorized collections of Konami Game Boy games. I imported one of them (I wanted TwinBee Da! and the only English version of the first Game Boy Goemon was a nice bonus), but I'd love to get the ones with the Castlevania games too.
    Then that makes me wonder if, what was/is your opinion regarding the graphics/sounds of both Super Mario All-Stars and the Japan/Europe-only Mega Man: The Wily Wars (the US release of the latter was available via Sega Channel) anthologies?

~Ben

Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

I don't really understand why that would be relevant, but I think the sound and graphics of Mario All-Stars is great. I don't have a lot of experience with The Wily Wars. The music and graphics are a little wonky from what I've seen/heard, but it's not bad.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'd like to see a Rondo of Blood/Symphony of The Night budget release compilation on the PS2.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well you can buy the psp remake which has both versions included, hook it up to your tv and pretend your playing your ps2.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    ubersaurus

I don't see any reason a graphical or audio update would be needed, particularly if you're only going to the 16-bit level. I mean if you're going that far you may as well do a full HD remake.

Also, NES graphics and sound over SNES All Stars.
    Check out the Kleppings!
    Make Way For Madness!
    "9 is a poor man's 11, and 11 is a Baker's Ten."
    Infinite Lives

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Konami had alot of chances to release a Castlevania Compilation or Collection on the 16 bit Systems, Manly the SNES.. But they didn't

They had a chance in the PS & Saturn era, But they didn't

They had a chance with the Cube/Xbox/PS2 ..again they didn't

Like every other company that brought out Compilation or Collection on past systems like Capcom, Midway, Atari, Sega & others - Konami dosen't give a crap

Nintendo brought Super Mario All Stars based on there 8 bit games

Tecmo brought out Ninja Gaiden Trilogy based on there 8 bit games

Konami should of brought Castlevania Trilogy on the SNES or the Genesis, but they didn't

I love Konami games like Contra & Castlevania -- but piss off Konami...they won't do it

Alex (Level 15) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MarioMania View Post
    I love Konami games like Contra & Castlevania -- but piss off Konami...they won't do it

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Gameguy View Post
    The PC release was the only known Castlevania/Contra compilation released here.

~Ben

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    3DS Friend
    4596-9692-2482

On a Nintendo platform: Remake, yes - port, no. On any others: Not at all. Besides i'm sure Nintendo would have a word or two in this, and why would they ever license Mario to Sony? The would have to be batshit mental to do this. Didn't i also hear some of you whine just recently about Nintendo doing to many re-releases for their digital distribution thing and not embracing backwards compatibility enough? May i remind you: Except for the micro you can play any old Gameboy game on the Gameboy branded consoles that came after, and even the DS plays advance games. Then there was the Gameboy Player for the Cube, which also plays all of them, and there also was the Super Gameboy for the SNES, and the Wii-U will get something for playing DS games. Nintendo cares better about their stuff than any other - why would they or i want to see it on a PS2/3?
    Last edited by Ludwig; 09-15-2011 at 05:00 AM.

Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MarioMania View Post
    Tecmo brought out Ninja Gaiden Trilogy based on there 8 bit games

Konami should of brought Castlevania Trilogy on the SNES or the Genesis, but they didn't
    If it would end up anything like the Ninja Gaiden Trilogy, then thank goodness they didn't, haha.

Pac-Man (Level 10) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    PSN
    buzz_retro64

If all the 2D games were remade in Symphony of the Night style for PS3, 360, Wii, I could see great potential.